FiiO X3ii transfer speed
Apr 6, 2020 at 9:06 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Grado Diesel

100+ Head-Fier
Just picked up a new computer and started loaded CDs to FLAC with dBpoweramp. I’ve noticed when copying high def files to my X3ii it’s SUPER slow - like 700kbs-5mbs. Is that because the USB port on the X3ii is not 3.0? Would it be faster to take the micro sd card out and stick it in a usb 3.0 card reader?

Apr 6, 2020 at 9:14 AM Post #2 of 4
Yes. I think it is almost always faster to use a card reader in a PC. But there are a lot of fake cards and slow cards so you will have to try and see.

I also set my FiiOs not to auto update music library so the index never gets built but it also accesses the card in folder mode faster.

Apr 6, 2020 at 9:25 AM Post #3 of 4
Yes. I think it is almost always faster to use a card reader in a PC. But there are a lot of fake cards and slow cards so you will have to try and see.

I also set my FiiOs not to auto update music library so the index never gets built but it also accesses the card in folder mode faster.
Yup mines set to manual. Can I delete the index? I’ve built em before.

Apr 6, 2020 at 11:01 AM Post #4 of 4
Yup mines set to manual. Can I delete the index? I’ve built em before.

I don't know, probably not. I think you can force a rebuild but I don't know if there is a way to purge the index. There are some FiiO people on the forums but usually whatever I buy goes out of support within a few days so there isn't a lot of help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back