FiiO X3 Volume Control Broken
Dec 31, 2013 at 11:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

fausthein

New Head-Fier
The volume control on my X3 does not work. I've searched around for the issue and have tried updating the firmware to no avail. Before I contact customer support, does anyone know what the issue might be?

Thanks

Jan 1, 2014 at 1:15 AM Post #3 of 12
  Please tell us more detail, every detail.

I was recently gifted an X3. The volume control did not function out of the box without any settings changed, i.e. no matter what volume level I set, the output would still be the same level of volume (possibly at maximum volume output, it's quite loud). The firmware version was maybe 1.05 or 1.35, I cannot recall. I updated the firmware version to 2.1, and the volume controls still do not function.

Any other details needed?

Jan 1, 2014 at 4:31 AM Post #4 of 12
  I was recently gifted an X3. The volume control did not function out of the box without any settings changed, i.e. no matter what volume level I set, the output would still be the same level of volume (possibly at maximum volume output, it's quite loud). The firmware version was maybe 1.05 or 1.35, I cannot recall. I updated the firmware version to 2.1, and the volume controls still do not function.

Any other details needed?

Have you plugged your headphone into the line-out jack (the one on the bottom) instead of the headphone-out jack (the one on the upper right corner)?

Dec 31, 2015 at 1:07 PM Post #11 of 12
I also have just bought an FIIOX3 and can not change the volume on the device. The device works OK via line out to my amp and speakers but there is no volume control available via the headphones plugged into the headphone socket.

Any help would be appreciated.

Jan 27, 2016 at 9:26 PM Post #12 of 12
  I also have just bought an FIIOX3 and can not change the volume on the device. The device works OK via line out to my amp and speakers but there is no volume control available via the headphones plugged into the headphone socket.

Any help would be appreciated.

Hi, josswallace.
Sorry for the late reply.

When adjusting the volume via the volume buttons, the volume icon even will not appear on the screen? Or it indeed shows up, but there is not any change on the headphone output?
Pls try to reset factory defaults via System settings, then test it again. And pls make sure the headphones connected with the X3 are good function. 

BTW, what is the firmware version on your X3 now? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back