Fiio X3 Nightmare
Jan 9, 2014 at 4:30 AM Post #46 of 91
oops...ignore.

Jan 13, 2014 at 9:44 AM Post #47 of 91
Sorry for a few days with no post. It's because I was waiting for a new card. I decided to try it one last time. I bought 32GB ADATA microSD card. And everything is o'k'. I have no problems so propably FiiO is right that sometimes troubles are made by wrong microSD card.

Jan 22, 2014 at 12:03 PM Post #48 of 91
It's really too bad that FII0 is going to leave all the x3 owners in the lurch with the poor functioning file recognition and management.
Mine just sits around and collects dust... Maybe a generous trade in offer should be a consideration...What a concept ...Huh?

Jan 22, 2014 at 12:14 PM Post #49 of 91
  It's really too bad that FII0 is going to leave all the x3 owners in the lurch with the poor functioning file recognition and management.
Mine just sits around and collects dust... Maybe a generous trade in offer should be a consideration...What a concept ...Huh?

Its only poor functioning for some people.

Doesnt bother me because I mainly listen to mixes, oh and I havent encountered any issues thus far.

They must be in your head mate lol, I'm very much enjoying my X3 and so are many other users.

Jan 22, 2014 at 12:34 PM Post #50 of 91
As for me and my X3, I've had to retag/rename some files and put lower resolution cover art on some ID3 tags. However, I've had to do that with most media players I've owned. You just have to be smarter than the device. Besides, any problems you have theses days can usually be remedied after giving it a google.

Jan 22, 2014 at 12:43 PM Post #51 of 91

Nice try to get an X5 for cheap but the X3 FW is still being improved as will be the case with the X5 and the upcoming X1 and X7.
What a concept...huh?
gs1000.gif

Jan 22, 2014 at 12:54 PM Post #52 of 91

i think you should reconsider this post. we've gone from version 1.2 up to 2.5 now. And 3 or 4 other firmware revisions.

is the X3 perfect? Nope, far from it.

Is FiiO addressing these issues? Yes very much so.

Jan 22, 2014 at 12:55 PM Post #53 of 91

The file recognition and management system is getting an overhaul on both the X3 and X5. Should be complete around the time when the X5 launches worldwide. The X3 will receive the upgrade as well.

Then again, we'd really appreciate it if you could send your X3 in for repair along with your 64GB microSD card loaded with the songs giving your X3 fits, for reference. There's more than a passing possibility that either your X3 or your card is defective. Either that or we will find out exactly what was it about the songs you tried to load on the X3 that was giving it fits and can work to stop that from happening.

Heck, I'm about ready to pay postage for you out of my own pocket :rolleyes:

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jan 22, 2014 at 12:58 PM Post #54 of 91

I don't recall the giant that is Apple offering a trade-in program when they came out with updated or improved-upon models of their iPods.  Did you ask them if they'd be willing to do that?

If not, why would you propose a company like FiiO do that, especially when James is actively soliciting new features and bug reports so they can improve on their products with firmware fixes?  At least he's making a concerted effort to not leave his customers "in the lurch" with buggy devices...

Jan 23, 2014 at 7:20 AM Post #55 of 91
How do I make the player jump from one folder to another after it's done playing? Say i'm listening to folder a1, I'd like for it to move on to a2 when it's done. Or is that not possible??!!??

Jan 23, 2014 at 7:55 AM Post #56 of 91
How do I make the player jump from one folder to another after it's done playing? Say i'm listening to folder a1, I'd like for it to move on to a2 when it's done. Or is that not possible??!!??

Not possible as of now...

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Feb 2, 2014 at 11:52 PM Post #58 of 91
Not possible as of now... (playing one folder to the next).
I almost did not buy the X3 from reading a lot of problems with its UI, random freezes and file management. But the consistent mention of how good it sounds compared to  lower-priced and even more expensive DAPs in the market nudged me to buy the X3, in-spite of. In short, reading through pages after pages of people having pleasant and unpleasant experiences with the X3, I decided to "work with the limitations" of X3. Why bother? Because it is what I can afford in terms of better sound quality.
For example: I have some multi-disc piano collections. So I re-tagged some of those, and changed the track numbers accordingly. I now have a folder that can play 3, 4, even 6 discs of tracks with one press on the Play button. Tedious? Definitely. A pain in the butt or the neck? Yes, but not much, simply because I knew what I was getting into and I am just glad that the time I spent managing my music files *before* I bought the X3 is now paying off very nicely for me.
Should buyers expect a friendly UI? Yes. Should buyers read before making an informed decision? Yes.  And there is no indication that Fiio has any intention to "abandon" us X3 owners.  But I don't expect Fiio to spend its limited resources *more on getting the old X3 upto par* in terms of ease of use and file management, than to improve on the  X5, the X1 and the X3 MKII.

Feb 5, 2014 at 10:33 AM Post #59 of 91
I'm just checking in on this thread and I see that the X3 still has file management problems. I have received messages from Fiio saying that MY problem is just an isolated problem that no one else is having ..... uh huh, yeah ,right ... Their solution is to send my X3, the 64 GB card and the files (I have over 2000 complete CDs ripped to FLAC) that I am have difficulty loading to china for them to solve the problem...... I'll get right on that....

I see now they have a X5 device....so those of us who purchased the X3 are just left out in the cold....
I doubt I will be purchasing any Fiio products in the future.... I have a tiny $35 SANSA clip player that works just fine....buy one save money....
AK

Feb 5, 2014 at 10:40 AM Post #60 of 91
This is a response to "hard head" above. Whether or not Fiio is TRYING to fix the problems with their product is not the issue. The issue is that it has problems and they are still selling it...and getting ready to sell another product.... Apple ..... who cares about what Apple does or doesn't do ... if you are dumb enough to buy outrageous priced Apple products to be kewl then keep on tokin .....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back