FiiO X3 firmware 3.21 download and discussion thread
Sep 29, 2014 at 5:00 PM Post #31 of 148
Same here for gapless - I hate it. FLAC files 44k 16bit.

There is a little Hic/Tic hiccup between songs now. Not a huge delay or anything - but disruptive!

I got the album art showing which did NOT show on 3.0 - so I tried deleting all the .jpg album art off of the card to see if that was causing the problem with the gapless playback - no luck - still the hic/tic.

Also - I tried to update the media library again after removing the jpg files - and it locked. I have NEVER had to hard reset my unit before until now.

Sep 29, 2014 at 5:25 PM Post #32 of 148
  Same here for gapless - I hate it. FLAC files 44k 16bit.

There is a little Hic/Tic hiccup between songs now. Not a huge delay or anything - but disruptive!

I got the album art showing which did NOT show on 3.0 - so I tried deleting all the .jpg album art off of the card to see if that was causing the problem with the gapless playback - no luck - still the hic/tic.

Also - I tried to update the media library again after removing the jpg files - and it locked. I have NEVER had to hard reset my unit before until now.

I have tried a 16bit flac and there is a tiny little click sound between the tracks but there isn't a gap. Or maybe it is so miner that I don't notice it. It is for sure no different to 3.0 to me. I have a live album where almost all the tracks join together and that tiny gap is the same as before.

Sep 29, 2014 at 5:42 PM Post #33 of 148
It was a noticeable difference for me.

I just went back down to 3.2 and that hiccup is gone - PERFECT transition from 1 track to another while loud audio is happening.

Another note:
With 3.2 and 3.21b when I turn the player back off and then on and hit the back button - it still goes to the ALL SONGS list - instead of the folder that the song is playing from. Boo Hiss!

Sep 29, 2014 at 5:57 PM Post #34 of 148
  It was a noticeable difference for me.

I just went back down to 3.2 and that hiccup is gone - PERFECT transition from 1 track to another while loud audio is happening.

Another note:
With 3.2 and 3.21b when I turn the player back off and then on and hit the back button - it still goes to the ALL SONGS list - instead of the folder that the song is playing from. Boo Hiss!

Strange how we all have different problems. I only had a similar issue to that on 3.2. when turned off and on, it often said that it was playing track 1/1 instead of the album it was in. Another time, it called the track the wrong name and played the next track from the all songs list, not the album it was in. Yet another thing 3.2 did was crash a lot! I had never had the X3 crash before on FW 2.1 or 3.0. It crashed 4 times while using 3.2. I have now got 3.21 and it isn't crashing and the memory play works no problem at all.

Sep 29, 2014 at 6:37 PM Post #35 of 148
Suggestion -enhancement- for FiiO developers: not reusing the string tagged <all> from category.ini for "4. Added option to display "all songs" by an artist as well as selecting individual albums by an artist." would be preferable for theme modders and translators.

Sep 29, 2014 at 9:10 PM Post #36 of 148
Giant: I do not know if we have different issues since I just loaded 3.2 - I have been using 3.0 before jumping right to 3.21b - so I may perhaps experience the same issues that you do with 3.2!

Sep 30, 2014 at 3:54 AM Post #37 of 148
  Giant: I do not know if we have different issues since I just loaded 3.2 - I have been using 3.0 before jumping right to 3.21b - so I may perhaps experience the same issues that you do with 3.2!

If I have any problems with 3.21, I will go back to 3.0 which had the least problems out of all the different ones I have tried.

Sep 30, 2014 at 7:53 AM Post #38 of 148

I have tried a 16bit flac and there is a tiny little click sound between the tracks but there isn't a gap. Or maybe it is so miner that I don't notice it. It is for sure no different to 3.0 to me. I have a live album where almost all the tracks join together and that tiny gap is the same as before.

I noticed last night that I also have a tiny little click sound between gapless tracks too, that I didn't notice with 2.14. I use mainly Apple Lossless, but also a fair amount of 320 kbps MP3s. Considering I no longer seem to have to deal with the "Will it freeze at the next track?" dread, it's a small price to pay.

Sep 30, 2014 at 9:28 AM Post #39 of 148
I too had problems with tracks resuming as a single song, not part of the album.  It seems as if the 3.21b firmware fixed that.

Sep 30, 2014 at 9:32 AM Post #40 of 148
  I too had problems with tracks resuming as a single song, not part of the album.  It seems as if the 3.21b firmware fixed that.

Good to know that Other people had the same issue as me and that 3.21 beta has fixed it. I still don't understand why the X3 is being sold new with 3.2 built in as this beta FW seems more stable that that. I still think 3.0 is the latest FW that is stable and isn't a beta.

Sep 30, 2014 at 11:09 AM Post #42 of 148
I have not tested the gapless playback yet.  but I have experienced the clicking between tracks on other firmware revisions and it is annoying.

Having said that, somehow this is by far my favorite sound profile of any firmware yet.  The treble is right without being annoying.  If anything, the bass is almost too strong.  I turned the bass from plus 2 on the headphones to zero.   With the line output to my automobile, the sound is fabulous.  Maybe it is a collective hallucination, but if so I like this fantasy.  Please do not mess with this sound signature very much on future updates.

Now what is the best way to make suggestions for future firmware revisions?  Is the unit going to receive many revisions?  I have some suggestions for an improved user interface experience..

1 --  provide an option to automatically skip to the next music folder

2 -   read playlists. Or is that in there and I have missed the inclusion?

3-   on startup, provide option to go to last folder used.  Make it easy to browse folders in general, less nested menus to get to the other folders. Folders are a natural way to browse, so it should be easy to get to the folder menu.

4 -  when playing songs, provide easy access to tone controls, Maybe add the equalizer back as an option ?

5 -  make everybody happy.  Clear up simple stuff like clicks for gapless playback, eliminate song limits.

6 -  don't mess with the sound signature !

Oct 1, 2014 at 9:34 AM Post #44 of 148
sorry for my english

Based on my experience with FW 3.21beta

bugs

1. mp3 over 100mb (120min) seek forward and backward it will pause over 5 seconds before continue play
2. m4a sometime seek forward or backward not working
3. sometime back button not working so i must power off and on again
4. album art still doesn't display at the full size (it''s cropped)

need improved on new firmware

1. In every folder play I need sub menu before songs list - play all songs in current folder + sub folders

2. support replaygain track and album

3. support playlist .m3u8

4. support album art for ogg

5. apple lossless format show alac instead m4a

6. Is it possible to have option to swap button like (backward/down) to (play/pause/ok/power on/off) , (vol down) to (backward/down) , (play/pause/ok/power on/off) to (vol down)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back