FiiO X3 firmware 3.21 download and discussion thread
Sep 28, 2014 at 11:23 AM Post #16 of 148
I installed 3.21b around a half hour ago. So far, I can't find anything wrong, and much right. Soundwise (I'm one of those who keeps reverting back to 2.14b) I'm quite pleased. My general description would be "clear yet full". Actually it's the clarity that I'll have to see how I like in the long run. It may be a tad too clear, even with the treble turned down. But for now, I plan to stay with 3.21b. It's nice to prefer the latest FW, since I don't have to put up with problems that have been fixed in a later FW.

i don't think the clarity this time coming from the increasing brightness ( illusion of clarity ) ... it is balanced _ and i thing fuller than the latest version _ may be something with the encoding or gain 

Sep 28, 2014 at 11:47 AM Post #17 of 148
Is there a difference between 3.2 and 3.21b sound quality? If there is supposed to be, I'm not noticing it. Either way, I like the sound now, and it's a big improvement over 2.xx.

Sep 28, 2014 at 1:00 PM Post #19 of 148
I installed it, works fine but i have the following issues

Cover art is still being cropped in my case

and yes the 5,800 TRACK FILE LIMIT IS STILL PRESENT I have a 128GB microSD and the internal memory filled, totaling like 7,200 flacs

In terms of SQ i think i note a slight change, is more open and airy, with yet some bass impact but (using a pair of XBA-H3) currently listening to Bach Orchestral Suites with trevor Pinnock & The English Concert

Sep 28, 2014 at 1:24 PM Post #20 of 148
  Gapless playback broken on 44,1KHz/16bit FLACs for me, can't beta test anymore...anyone else?
P.S: files were correctly played without gaps on previous firmware versions.

For me is working fine

Sep 28, 2014 at 4:43 PM Post #21 of 148
Almost six hours since download. I've been playing (and playing with) the X3 on breaks between doing other things. No problems at all. I decided I like this sound better than 2.14. I think it will also be quite attractive to first-time listeners, since it sounds so clear on first listen. I was afraid that the sound might get "tiring" after awhile, but that hasn't happened.

Sep 28, 2014 at 11:01 PM Post #24 of 148
Fiio, please stop cropping our album art.

Also, please bring back the lyrics toggle on / off option.

These are both items which were logged during the short lived beta program. We are still looking for these requests!

By the way 3.21 beta sounds great. I like the new all songs by artist feature. :)

Sep 29, 2014 at 3:25 AM Post #26 of 148
The new UI is looks great, I like it, but disappearing of the tags after a few seconds freaks me out sometimes. On 2.14 there was a menu "What to show" and now if I listen an image+cue file, I need to call rounded menu If I want to know what song is playing now. Is there any chance that the ability to choose what to display while playing will be back in future firmwares?

Sep 29, 2014 at 4:10 AM Post #27 of 148
Changelog #5. Added support for cover art for folder-based album art.
Thank you very much! I have some .wav files albums (RIP using EAC) that were not able to use MP3tag (does not support wav) for the cover art and now they all auto shows up very nicely  :)

Last Resume function.
Tried Last Song Resume and it works well now, after power off and on.

Looks like the rest of changelog is good for the improvement (haven't try all).
But as usual, nothing is mentioned on any sonic changes.

Sad to say, FW3.21beta again sounds like FW3.2 (which I found too bass light).

Perhaps it is my gears or my ears that are having problem.
But I sincerely hope that the engineer in FIIO would take some time to listen to some songs to compare between FW3.21beta and FW3.0, Some songs such as the below (when listening on FW3.21 beta):
Old Songs老歌  by Cai Qin 蔡琴 - A popular Test Disc for chinese listener. The original bass was considered overly done but it is now weak and rendered the whole album unmusical.
Little Wing by Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble - a majestic quitar and bass track that is now .... less magical
Walkin Blues by Eric Clapton 'unplugged' - Clapton's foot tapping on this track sounds a little funny, just as an example
What's New by Linda Ronstadt - the double bass, the accompanying Orchestra sounds thin.

YMMV however. I won't be surprise to find some like the new Sound Signature (depends on the IEM/Cans that you are using)..
For my main listening, I use DN2000 as reference (I also have IEMs: GR07BE, IM50, BA200, XBA3 and amp: E12 for comparison).
I'll stick to FW3.0 or FW2.14b for now. Thanks to FIIO for the hardwork  :)

Sep 29, 2014 at 5:06 AM Post #28 of 148
 Official firmware version 3.21 for the X3 is now available!
http://www.mediafire.com/download/rd3l9ffkznl9qho/X3_FW3.21Beta.zip

The following changes and improvements were made to firmware 3.21 compared to 3.00:

1. Fixed issue where songs are not sorted by album order when navigating via Play by Category->Artist->Album to an album.

2. Added support for UTF-8 (no BOM) and Unicode LRC lyrics files.

3. Enabled time display and fast-forward / rewind through raw AAC files;

4. Added option to display "all songs" by an artist as well as selecting individual albums by an artist.

5. Added support for cover art for folder-based album art.

6. Fixed bug that caused itunes HE-AAC tracks of 88.2kHz sample rate and above to freeze the player;

7. Fixed issue where m4a and FLAC tracks may skip unexpectedly when played from an NTFS formatted card;

8. Fixed other hanging and track skipping issues reported by users;

9. Fixed bug that caused a short UI hiccup when adding the first song to Favorites after power-on;

10. Media library will now auto-update upon insertion and removal of TF (microSD) cards when media library update is set to Auto.

Looking forward to everyone's feedback 
smily_headphones1.gif

PLEASE LEARN FROM SONY HOW TO CREATE A GOOD FIRMWARE !!!!

Take a look at their walkmans that are not using android and have a smaller screens. 

Their firmwares are just blow minding with very few issues and the UI is just awesome.

Anyway, you are doing a great job and I appreciate your efforts to fix the existing bugs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back