FiiO X3 beta firmware 3.00EX available for download. Added beta ExFAT support
Sep 12, 2014 at 11:52 AM Post #64 of 69
  loaded 3.2 and would not read internal memory or external SD card
needed to revert to 2.05...... Thanks

So 3.2 does not support ExFAT... oh, hold on you reverted to 2.05 - this is the 3.00EX beta thread
Why 2.05 and not 3.00?

How did you revert without the SD card?

I'm guessing with a FAT32 formatted card - but maybe he was not using ExFAT in the first place in view of the reversion to 2.05

I guess the card can be read for the update before the firmware loads. It must have been a bad flash as there are no other similar reports.

Sep 12, 2014 at 1:41 PM Post #65 of 69
Thanks All,

I have a 64G sd card which contains my FLAC files
It does not read the firmware files
So I use an 8G SD card for my Firmware,
Loads easily and I keep all FW revisions and documentation on it
The strange thing about the 3.2 load is that after FW upgrade it would not see the internal memory?
As I removed the SD card to see if that was an issue

8G card formats as FAT
64G card only ex FAT or NTSF
NTSF formatting with FLAC working fine under 2.05

Sep 12, 2014 at 2:08 PM Post #66 of 69
tried the 3.0 FW load 1st and would read the both internal and external memory but on Random
Would skip songs after a second or two randomly.  That is why I went to 3.2

Sep 20, 2014 at 7:07 PM Post #68 of 69
No, the 3.2 firmware is different from the beta 3.0 software. It has all of the features in the beta, but it is more stable in my view. 

Many of the deluded amongst us also think the high end is somehow more open with 3.2.  But this is probably a collective mania, and I am glad to be a maniac.

Jan 19, 2015 at 9:14 AM Post #69 of 69
Thought I would provide an update.  Got some time and loaded 3.3  and about 5k songs (flac) on a 128g micro SD.  Still can't format the SD from the x3 but a small inconveneice,  formatted on by laptop to exfat and....   so far so good.  Will run for the next week or so and update then ..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back