FiiO X3 beta firmware 3.00EX available for download. Added beta ExFAT support
Jul 16, 2014 at 6:46 PM Post #32 of 69
  Does the 128 work with the standard 3.0 FW or does it need the beta FW to work?  64 GB is just not enough.

I assume you mean 128gb micro SDcards, yes they work with the standard 3.0 FW as long as they are formated to FAT32 (use the device to format it).

Now, if you like to use the beta, then no need to format the card, as far as I know the cards come with exFAT and will work right out of the package (tested it myself with a Sandisk 128gb microSD).

Jul 16, 2014 at 7:06 PM Post #33 of 69
No, ExFAT support has been added but FAT32 is still the default format. And as mentioned, the X3 is only ever capable of flashing new firmware from a FAT32-formatted card, so having the capability to format to FAT32 right from the player is always important.

Did you mean that we'd always need a FAT32-formatted card to flash new firmware?

Aug 3, 2014 at 6:09 AM Post #34 of 69
I ran in this weird problem using beta 3.00EX.

I'm using: "Resume mode - Last song", "Gapless playback - on", "Update Media Lib - Manual".

• I had an album (Daft Punk - Random Access Memories - FLAC).
  • I deleted it and added other albums.
  • I updated the music library (manually).
  • When I start the player it tries to resume the Random Access Memory album and shows the "! File not supported" message for every file in the (deleted) album.
  • Updating the library again doesn't change the issue.

Well, that's the thing. All old library info should be deleted or checked when you update it.

UPDATE: I tried removing the card, updating the library, inserting the card again. First time looked like solved. Then when I started a song and turned off the device to check if the "Resume mode" was working properly, the last played song restarted but instead showing his name and artwork kept showing track 6 of Random Access Memory album :S

I turned off the device again. After that it "thinks" again that I was playing track 6 of the album that doesn't exist anymore. It keeps trying to play it (and the subsequent tracks), so I'm back at square 1 with the "! File not supported" message.

I recall reading in a FiiO X3 thread that there was a way to manually delete the library files, but I can't find that info anymore. Would that help?

Aug 5, 2014 at 7:57 PM Post #36 of 69
Downloaded firmware 3.0 from Fiio. I am having trouble with Led Zeppelin Remasters, I, II, III. They are WAV 96/24. The Fiio X3 freezes, but didn't freeze with the last firmware, 2.1. I've played similar WAV files without issue. I've tried removing them off the SD card, putting them back on, putting them on a fresh card. I've tried reinstalling FW3.0

Any thoughts other than Led Zeppelin sucks and the DAP is doing me a favor...

Firmware 3.0 is a massive improvement otherwise, lots of great features, especially the excellent DSD playback, very smooth sound!

Aug 6, 2014 at 1:31 AM Post #37 of 69
  Downloaded firmware 3.0 from Fiio. I am having trouble with Led Zeppelin Remasters, I, II, III. They are WAV 96/24. The Fiio X3 freezes, but didn't freeze with the last firmware, 2.1. I've played similar WAV files without issue. I've tried removing them off the SD card, putting them back on, putting them on a fresh card. I've tried reinstalling FW3.0

Any thoughts other than Led Zeppelin sucks and the DAP is doing me a favor...

Firmware 3.0 is a massive improvement otherwise, lots of great features, especially the excellent DSD playback, very smooth sound!

Zep does not suck!  X3 is not doing you a favor!  
L3000.gif

Aug 10, 2014 at 10:28 AM Post #39 of 69
I have a issue with this 3.00EX firmware version, most of the time I connect the device to my Windows PC it asks me to perform a scandisk finding no errors at end, of course. Anyone else?
BTW, playback and file transferring works very well.

Aug 10, 2014 at 4:23 PM Post #40 of 69
  I have a issue with this 3.00EX firmware version, most of the time I connect the device to my Windows PC it asks me to perform a scandisk finding no errors at end, of course. Anyone else?

Had that happen to me once too. Not sure why since the X3 was playing fine, and I hadn't done any other file access other than play.

Aug 13, 2014 at 6:15 AM Post #41 of 69

Happens to me all the time. I sent an email regarding my Led Zep issue to Fiio support, but haven't heard anything. Guess I'll add this to the next email too.

Aug 13, 2014 at 3:31 PM Post #42 of 69
The Zeppelin 24 bit files play fine on my X3. I wonder if your files are corrupted. That can happen. Most hi res sites allow you to download the files again.

I think Zep 3 in hi res is quite nice. I am looking forward to Houses; Zoso, and Physical Graffiti.

Aug 13, 2014 at 3:46 PM Post #43 of 69
The Zeppelin 24 bit files play fine on my X3. I wonder if your files are corrupted. That can happen. Most hi res sites allow you to download the files again.

I think Zep 3 in hi res is quite nice. I am looking forward to Houses; Zoso, and Physical Graffiti.

I'll try that route, though I'm surprised they worked on the older firmware, could be a coincidence though.

I'm looking forward to the rest of the catalog too!

Aug 14, 2014 at 9:13 AM Post #44 of 69
may be you are right about the placebo thing ... But with the previous firmwares the 2.14beta & 3 the official one the sound signatures are different and apparent without any comments from fiio too ... Placebo or not ..i am enjoying the sound sig. of this firmware and this is the most important thing
smily_headphones1.gif

Definitely not placebo. 
I like the sound signature using this 3.0 EX firmware more so than 3.0 on my Dunu DN2000 or Vsonic GR07BE/ VS1s.

I ran in this weird problem using beta 3.00EX.

I'm using: "Resume mode - Last song", "Gapless playback - on", "Update Media Lib - Manual".

• I had an album (Daft Punk - Random Access Memories - FLAC).
  • I deleted it and added other albums.
  • I updated the music library (manually).
  • When I start the player it tries to resume the Random Access Memory album and shows the "! File not supported" message for every file in the (deleted) album.
  • Updating the library again doesn't change the issue.

Well, that's the thing. All old library info should be deleted or checked when you update it.

UPDATE: I tried removing the card, updating the library, inserting the card again. First time looked like solved. Then when I started a song and turned off the device to check if the "Resume mode" was working properly, the last played song restarted but instead showing his name and artwork kept showing track 6 of Random Access Memory album :S

I turned off the device again. After that it "thinks" again that I was playing track 6 of the album that doesn't exist anymore. It keeps trying to play it (and the subsequent tracks), so I'm back at square 1 with the "! File not supported" message.

I recall reading in a FiiO X3 thread that there was a way to manually delete the library files, but I can't find that info anymore. Would that help?

The Resume Mode is definitely bugged!
After this firmware update, I played the following album in sequence> Dire Straits 'Brothers In Arms'>  Norah Jones 'Come Away with Me' >  Cowboy Junkies 'The Trinity Session'> then powered off.
Regardless whether I select Last Song or Last Position, the X3 upon powered on, the album on display will always be the first album that I had played immediately after firmware update, ie, Dire Straits 'Brothers In Arms' but the background songs in play was Cowboy Junkies'.

Aug 14, 2014 at 9:26 AM Post #45 of 69
  The Resume Mode is definitely bugged!
After this firmware update, I played the following album in sequence> Dire Straits 'Brothers In Arms'>  Norah Jones 'Come Away with Me' >  Cowboy Junkies 'The Trinity Session'> then powered off.
Regardless whether I select Last Song or Last Position, the X3 upon powered on, the album on display will always be the first album that I had played immediately after firmware update, ie, Dire Straits 'Brothers In Arms' but the background songs in play was Cowboy Junkies'.

Playing in "database" mode (not file browsing)? More than 5800 tracks?  Maybe it is a problem with the 5800 tracks database limitation.

or

I think there is a file on the internal memory (where the database is) where the position is saved - maybe it is corrupted?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back