FiiO X1 II (2nd Gen) w/ Bluetooth!
Aug 18, 2018 at 1:24 PM Post #3,061 of 3,121
I really like this player, it looks good and feels good - but it has a number of glitches.
The most important glitch to me is the not-at-all perfect gapless playback. Will this be addressed in the near future?
As I already wrote in your own forum - you should seriously consider to engage the Rockbox guys to develop a really good firmware for your DAPs

If you follow the thread and/or if you view the firmware update list from fiio you will notice last update was released on 2018-02-09 .
This was 6 months ago. Don't expect any more firmware updates for the fiio x1-2 . This project is dead. Fiio has abandoned it (us).

Aug 18, 2018 at 1:57 PM Post #3,062 of 3,121
If you follow the thread and/or if you view the firmware update list from fiio you will notice last update was released on 2018-02-09 .
This was 6 months ago. Don't expect any more firmware updates for the fiio x1-2 . This project is dead. Fiio has abandoned it (us).

but but :fingers_crossed:

Dear friend,

The next firmware update may be released in June. Sorry for bringing inconvenience to you.

Best regards

Sorry, will be delay. :sob::sob::sob:

they promised, even though the due date is long past :disappointed::disappointed::disappointed_relieved::cry:, and no update from their side.
Any word @FiiO ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Aug 18, 2018 at 4:15 PM Post #3,063 of 3,121
Yes, I read the announcement too. My player had the latest FW installed when I bought it, but some say the version before was better ...
I still hope "june" will come soon. Did they say which year?
If the update will be a good one I will gladly forgive the delay.

Last edited:
Aug 19, 2018 at 1:40 PM Post #3,064 of 3,121
I won't believe any more empty promises as they have showed zero real interest in fixing the problems this player has: No real gapless, laggy interface, several bugs. And of course the mods protecting fiio (you have to protect a sponsor). As for me, they lost me as a client forever.

Aug 19, 2018 at 2:17 PM Post #3,065 of 3,121
I won't believe any more empty promises as they have showed zero real interest in fixing the problems this player has: No real gapless, laggy interface, several bugs. And of course the mods protecting fiio (you have to protect a sponsor). As for me, they lost me as a client forever.

I've had a few fiios now, and I've always overlooked a lot of things as their price is pretty good. But with the x1 ii, there's too much to forgive. The interface and user experience is absolutely dreadful, and as you say - a totap disregard for fixing the problems. Either they have only one developer, or many very poor ones. I think I'll be moving on to other brands

Aug 19, 2018 at 3:15 PM Post #3,066 of 3,121
I've had a few fiios now, and I've always overlooked a lot of things as their price is pretty good. But with the x1 ii, there's too much to forgive. The interface and user experience is absolutely dreadful, and as you say - a totap disregard for fixing the problems. Either they have only one developer, or many very poor ones. I think I'll be moving on to other brands

True, why the fudge they don't opensource or rockbox it if they don't have the resources to fix the player? @FiiO
I was pretty hopeful when I bought this player thinking that the problems would be ironed out, or atleast smoothened with s/w updates. It's almost an year, and still I can't browse my music alphabetically. :expressionless:

Aug 19, 2018 at 4:45 PM Post #3,067 of 3,121
My guess is that the hardware is obsolete from day zero. No way i'll get another chinese brand dap from launch. Maybe i will get the Shanling M0, which seems delivers what this doesn't

Aug 20, 2018 at 11:26 AM Post #3,072 of 3,121
And their software support is actually better? But ok, let's take a look..
Shanling: website is partially broken, half doesn't even load.
Hidizs: Ap60 looks good but only one firmware release since it came out? Either they are very good or their support is terrible.
Xduoo.. nice pictures but this is their software support: http://www.xduoo.com/xduoo/En/DownList.Asp?SortID=1

Also none of these seem to have a dealer in my country, in fact I struggle to find any european dealers. So.. it's between a Fiio where I have warranty and because it's a fairly widely sold brand which has been reviewed, at least some idea of what I'm buying or a much more obscure brand? I';m not regretting my Fiio. It's not perfect but it's good enough and I know that if it breaks I'll have local warranty service.

Aug 20, 2018 at 6:24 PM Post #3,074 of 3,121
And their software support is actually better? But ok, let's take a look..
Shanling: website is partially broken, half doesn't even load.
Hidizs: Ap60 looks good but only one firmware release since it came out? Either they are very good or their support is terrible.
Xduoo.. nice pictures but this is their software support: http://www.xduoo.com/xduoo/En/DownList.Asp?SortID=1

Also none of these seem to have a dealer in my country, in fact I struggle to find any european dealers. So.. it's between a Fiio where I have warranty and because it's a fairly widely sold brand which has been reviewed, at least some idea of what I'm buying or a much more obscure brand? I';m not regretting my Fiio. It's not perfect but it's good enough and I know that if it breaks I'll have local warranty service.
Ironically, all of this is actually making the case that one should simply is one's smartphone with maybe a DAC/amp instead of getting a dedicated DAP.
I mean, FiiO is supposedly better than all of these, right? Yet it also fails to impress, at least me. So what does that say about the state of DAPs?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back