FiiO X1 II (2nd Gen) w/ Bluetooth!
Sep 18, 2017 at 5:53 AM Post #2,911 of 3,121
Dear Fiio,
when will your engineers be fixing the issues with this player? I was almost deafened by it today. I am running the latest beta firmware and when I switch the player on it played in lineout mode straight away, as I was using headphones it was VERY VERY LOUD!!! The warning appeared on screen at the same time with the option to switch to headphones, I switched to headphone Icon and it continued to play VERY VERY LOUD even thought the volume was on about 10.
You need to get on this now and release a new firmware. I won't be happy if my earphones get damaged and even less happy if my hearing does.
Dear friend,

Sorry to hear about that. The output was lineout before turning on the X1II? Even after switching back to headphone, the volume is too big?

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Sep 20, 2017 at 7:46 AM Post #2,912 of 3,121
Sep 21, 2017 at 3:07 AM Post #2,913 of 3,121
Thank you Brooko. Lovely, honest review. When you got to a rating, I really identified with what you were saying. I've had this one from the start with all of the drama etc concerning power, sluggishness and the awful Bluetooth implementation. Also that mini gap between tracks on hapless.

I hate those aspects and yet, I like the sound. So a rating is a difficult one to be fair to Fiio and honest to readers.

All along, I've been hoping for a fix from Fiio for the niggles but it hasn't happened which is a pity and they may well have shot themselves in the foot if they went and released an X1 III. How many would jump following this one?

IMO, they made a slightly inferior version but worse was the changing of the info on their website following users finding odds and ends. It's a difficult position for Fiio really and I do wish that they could have sorted this one out.

I still use the Fiio X3 version 1 and the X5 version 1 and the funny thing is that I always swing back to the X3 for its simplicity and good, honest buttons. Not sure about the scrollwheels tbh.

Anyway, a really nice review that connected very closely with my own feelings about the dap.

Sep 21, 2017 at 4:39 AM Post #2,914 of 3,121
I am never gonna buy anything from fiio. This is certain. This is what they have been working on with this inferior dap full of laggy interface and bugs.
Not only that, but they have in me an angry ex customer that will always remember them for this.

Sep 21, 2017 at 4:40 AM Post #2,915 of 3,121
Thanks Ian - always appreciate other's critque. FiiO just sent me a fix for their new X3iii firmware (almost completely fixes gapless), so I'm hoping that also finds its way to the X1ii eventually.

Sep 21, 2017 at 4:45 AM Post #2,916 of 3,121
I am never gonna buy anything from fiio. This is certain. This is what they have been working on with this inferior dap full of laggy interface and bugs.
Not only that, but they have in me an angry ex customer that will always remember them for this.

Really - your prerogative I guess. You'd be missing out on some really good DAPs though. For starters, you can now get an X3ii for around $140. Thats a steal. And their F9 IEM is top of the game in the under $100 bracket. A5 portable amp is one of the best out there for the money also. And you can't fault how hard they try to keep their customers happy (acknowledging that you can't please everyone all of the time). Everyone releases duds now and again. They also release superstars. Thats the way of the World.

Sep 21, 2017 at 5:55 AM Post #2,917 of 3,121

That's just a little bit harsh imo. Yes, I agree, the x1 II was possibly a bad move on their part, but they do make some great gear at good prices.

Their little portable amps are really get good with a fantastic quality of build for the price. I really like the A5 amplifier a lot.

The X5 is terrific sounding as well as the X3 so I wouldn't write them off myself. I am a bit peeved at the X1 saga but if you look at it as a cheap dap, which it is, then perhaps it's not that bad. I think people were wanting X5 quality from the X1 which isn't really fair to them.

Sep 22, 2017 at 12:20 AM Post #2,919 of 3,121
The X5 is terrific sounding as well as the X3 so I wouldn't write them off myself. I am a bit peeved at the X1 saga but if you look at it as a cheap dap, which it is, then perhaps it's not that bad. I think people were wanting X5 quality from the X1 which isn't really fair to them.
Well, it's close to as good as it gets in its price range. It's unfortunate that so many features are half baked. Perhaps if they had put out a 'dumb' player and put their effort in the few features it had, it would've turned out better.

Sep 22, 2017 at 5:14 AM Post #2,921 of 3,121
I'm saying that maybe Fiio should have released just a basic player with no extra features rather than add bells and whistles that were implemented badly.

Then it would have to be judged on sound alone.

I think FiiO should simply not half bake the features they plan to implement. A lot of the stuff they added are good ideas, but they messed it up pretty bad. The new OS didn't help, the bluetooth sucked, gapless didn't work, the processor isn't strong enough for the DAP apparently (But I blame the OS a bit for this one), and a lot of stuff was missing on the outset. If FiiO simply made sure everything worked before shipping out a new DAP this wouldn't happen in the first place. But seeing how they keep doing that, I feel like that's their shtick. Which is a shame

Sep 22, 2017 at 5:19 PM Post #2,924 of 3,121
Dear friend,

Sorry to hear about that. The output was lineout before turning on the X1II? Even after switching back to headphone, the volume is too big?

Best regards

The output was lineout before switching on, it came on an immediately started playing LOUD, I then selected Headphone and it was still VERY LOUD, the volume was set to about 12. Basically it came on in lineout mode and stayed in lineout mode even after switching to headphones. It nearly deafened me! PLEASE FIX.

Sep 27, 2017 at 12:11 PM Post #2,925 of 3,121
WHAT'S THE VERY BEST PRICE TO BUY FIIO X1 2ND GEN NEW RIGHT NOW??

Hi. I am buying a brand new Fiio X1 2nd gen right now. I live in USA. On Amazon I see the silver at $96, and on Ebay (I set seller preferences to North America) I see the silver new for $92. Please: Somebody here who is 'fantastic' at knowing how to surf the 'net and find good deals online, will you please do a search and reply here on best price you can find that's better than what I found? TYIA !!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back