FiiO X1 II (2nd Gen) w/ Bluetooth!
Sep 5, 2017 at 2:15 AM Post #2,851 of 3,121
Some makes of card can play up on them. Hopefully, yours will remain stable.

Tbh, I don't waste my time with the dap interface. I load larger quantities of data using a card reader which is a bit quicker.

Sep 5, 2017 at 2:19 AM Post #2,852 of 3,121

Tbh, I don't waste my time with the dap interface. I load larger quantities of data using a card reader which is a bit quicker.

I'm weighing my options on whether to get a card reather or get a DAC/AMP for my phone and ditch the player altogether.

Sep 5, 2017 at 2:36 AM Post #2,853 of 3,121
It is probably better sounding than your phone tbh. Funnily enough, I used my phone yesterday for the first time while out and about to save pocket space with a Senn Momentum iem and it surprised me how good Samsungs sound.

As far as the Fiio goes. I don't bother scanning the card. That's just ridiculous. I just use folder view to see files and select them and everything then 'seems' to be stable.

The sad thing is that it actually sounds very good. The interface is really poor though and I have also been hoping that Fiio might have sorted it out since the start.

I changed the font on my x3 and it's way easier to read for instance. X5 needs the same treatment.

The x1 seems to still be a bit buggy though which is a pity.

Sep 5, 2017 at 3:14 AM Post #2,854 of 3,121
It is probably better sounding than your phone tbh. Funnily enough, I used my phone yesterday for the first time while out and about to save pocket space with a Senn Momentum iem and it surprised me how good Samsungs sound.

As far as the Fiio goes. I don't bother scanning the card. That's just ridiculous. I just use folder view to see files and select them and everything then 'seems' to be stable.

The sad thing is that it actually sounds very good. The interface is really poor though and I have also been hoping that Fiio might have sorted it out since the start.

I changed the font on my x3 and it's way easier to read for instance. X5 needs the same treatment.

The x1 seems to still be a bit buggy though which is a pity.
Yeah, I totally agree about the sound. It smashes my ancient Galaxy S4 and my old Sony Walkman in sound quality. In fact, it's the main reason why I've stuck with it for a year.

Sep 5, 2017 at 3:54 PM Post #2,855 of 3,121
Holy s*** I just nearly had my eardrums blown out by my FiiO X1 II. I turned it on, and though it said 25 volume, I got hit with full volume through my IEMs. Instant tinnitus. This is insane, I can no longer use this device for fear of my personal safety. Has this happened to anyone else? I am now looking for a replacement device and planning on never buying FiiO again.

Sep 5, 2017 at 5:04 PM Post #2,856 of 3,121
Holy s*** I just nearly had my eardrums blown out by my FiiO X1 II. I turned it on, and though it said 25 volume, I got hit with full volume through my IEMs. Instant tinnitus. This is insane, I can no longer use this device for fear of my personal safety. Has this happened to anyone else? I am now looking for a replacement device and planning on never buying FiiO again.

Yes, unfortunately I've had it happen to me on several occasions. It's a bug where the player does not correctly switch from line-out mode, even though the player displays that it's in headphone out mode. I made a video demonstrating this over 4 months ago and FiiO still hasn't released a firmware addressing it. I took my player back to the store and have a replacement sitting in it's original packaging that I'm trying to sell, because I simply don't trust the X1-II not to deafen me.

See if you can replicate the bug like this:

Sep 8, 2017 at 4:54 AM Post #2,857 of 3,121
1. The issue only occurs when it restarts, after displaying the Welcome screen. Sometimes this restart with display of the Welcome screen occurs when starting up from Deep Sleep.

2) How do I share the files? Head-Fi is not allowing to me to upload MP3s.
Dear friend,

Sorry for the late reply.
Do you mean MP3 format? The gapless is not supported for lossy music formats.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Sep 8, 2017 at 5:00 AM Post #2,858 of 3,121
Dear friend,

The output mode you are selecting is the headphone out, right? What's the firmware version of your X1II? Please try a factory restore to see whether it helps?

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Sep 8, 2017 at 6:28 AM Post #2,860 of 3,121
Yes, unfortunately I've had it happen to me on several occasions. It's a bug where the player does not correctly switch from line-out mode, even though the player displays that it's in headphone out mode. I made a video demonstrating this over 4 months ago and FiiO still hasn't released a firmware addressing it. I took my player back to the store and have a replacement sitting in it's original packaging that I'm trying to sell, because I simply don't trust the X1-II not to deafen me.

See if you can replicate the bug like this:

@FiiO This has happened to me too. Unfortunately I am out of the 30-day return window and B & H will not let me return or exchange my player.

Sep 8, 2017 at 7:18 AM Post #2,861 of 3,121
Dear friend,

Sorry for the late reply.
Do you mean MP3 format? The gapless is not supported for lossy music formats.

Best regards

Sorry - since when?

This is a budget player. The target audience will typically be a younger generation or someone who typically does not use hi-res files. Majority of your buyers for this price point will be using lossy (i'd imagine) - either mp3 or aac256.

And gapless is standard on most player - lossy, lossless - it doesn't matter. I just want to get this right before I finish my review. You are seriously stating that gapless is not supported for lossy files on the X1ii - when you state this on your website:
"GAPLESS INTERVAL : Gapless playback / fad-in fade-out / off"

Speechless ......

Sep 8, 2017 at 8:28 AM Post #2,862 of 3,121
I'm not surprised by the above comments. They have a history of advertising things that aren't really there. They are doing it now with the X3III. This is just par for the course. Now to sit back and see how this plays out.

Sep 8, 2017 at 11:55 AM Post #2,863 of 3,121
Sorry - since when?

This is a budget player. The target audience will typically be a younger generation or someone who typically does not use hi-res files. Majority of your buyers for this price point will be using lossy (i'd imagine) - either mp3 or aac256.

And gapless is standard on most player - lossy, lossless - it doesn't matter. I just want to get this right before I finish my review. You are seriously stating that gapless is not supported for lossy files on the X1ii - when you state this on your website:
"GAPLESS INTERVAL : Gapless playback / fad-in fade-out / off"

Speechless ......

I'm not surprised by the above comments. They have a history of advertising things that aren't really there. They are doing it now with the X3III. This is just par for the course. Now to sit back and see how this plays out.

Awhile back FiiO was trying to say they never said gapless was supported before a certain firmware update that allowed it. I looked all over the internet and found an old image of their product description before FiiO edited it, and... lo and behold, they did indeed say it (Like I thought I did when I bought the X1 II), fully advertised it, and then edited their sales pages and descriptions after the fact when it took a long time to add the feature. Pretty insane

Sep 8, 2017 at 12:32 PM Post #2,864 of 3,121
Awhile back FiiO was trying to say they never said gapless was supported before a certain firmware update that allowed it. I looked all over the internet and found an old image of their product description before FiiO edited it, and... lo and behold, they did indeed say it (Like I thought I did when I bought the X1 II), fully advertised it, and then edited their sales pages and descriptions after the fact when it took a long time to add the feature. Pretty insane
I remember that as well. Their website says gapless for the X3III, yet it can't do gapless. They advertised stuff for the M3 that never happened. Like I said, it's par for the course. I sold off my X1II due to lack of support, nor can they say when a new firmware is coming to address the known issues. So many problems with this platform, yet the release the X3III with the same hardware and it's users are getting fed up. I'm not sure when FiiO will realize that this is a bad business practice and turns long time users away from their products. The fact that they came in here and said the X1II can't do gapless, yet their website says otherwise made me laugh out loud and validated what a lot of folks have been saying for a while about their business practices.

Sep 8, 2017 at 12:47 PM Post #2,865 of 3,121
I remember that as well. Their website says gapless for the X3III, yet it can't do gapless. They advertised stuff for the M3 that never happened. Like I said, it's par for the course. I sold off my X1II due to lack of support, nor can they say when a new firmware is coming to address the known issues. So many problems with this platform, yet the release the X3III with the same hardware and it's users are getting fed up. I'm not sure when FiiO will realize that this is a bad business practice and turns long time users away from their products. The fact that they came in here and said the X1II can't do gapless, yet their website says otherwise made me laugh out loud and validated what a lot of folks have been saying for a while about their business practices.

I'm tempted to sell mine and get another option, despite not using the FiiO very much to begin with. The laggy interface is a huge issue though, drives me up the wall any time I wanna actually use the thing. The problem is finding a different one at around the price I paid, which was around $150. There's the Shanling M1, but I've heard it doesn't sound as good as the X1II, and the Cayin N3 is around $200 here in Canada. Got any other suggestions? (PM works fine if you'd like)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back