FiiO X1 II (2nd Gen) w/ Bluetooth!
Feb 20, 2017 at 1:56 AM Post #2,131 of 3,121
Can current users share of the UI lag has been reduced with new FW? I read earlier reviews that changing the tracks and a few seconds of lag between tracks. May be up getting the X1 as the M3 doesn't support higher sample rates than 48khz.

Still laggy :frowning2:

Feb 20, 2017 at 4:18 AM Post #2,132 of 3,121

If your budget allows for it, X1ii is one of the best DAPs in it's price range at this point in time 
biggrin.gif

After reading many of the posts on this thread, it doesn't look like it.

Feb 20, 2017 at 6:57 AM Post #2,134 of 3,121
After reading many of the posts on this thread, it doesn't look like it.

Well... At its price, and for its sound quality , I did not find yet anything that would sound the same. I won't deny there are a few problems, but I'm the kinda user who uses folder browsing and don't do anything but listen to a device . I don't own or use Bluetooth. The main reason I'm so impressed was / is the sound quality.

This being said, I also liked the design and battery life, considering x1ii price .

If I were to be entirely honest, I am more of an x5ii user so there is that, but for an entry level dap buyer, it's either this or some really poor daps or clip+ in Romania , and as I've owned all of the alternatives found in Romania, I kinda know that x1ii does sound good.

On the same note; my smartphone will skip and have song interruptions if I'm anywhere but on the music playing screen. Even with the bit of lag, x1ii doesnt skip nor break the song.

Feb 20, 2017 at 9:07 AM Post #2,135 of 3,121
  I must admit from what I have read so far I must agree and will probably wait a little longer. I did have a Shanling M1 but was not that impressed with the sound so sold it.

I am in the exact same boat!

Anyone care to share from experience how the X1 II sounds compared to the Shanling M1 and Sansa Clip+?

I am stuck with this budget and am not too worried about the current bugs, so I am more interested in whether the sound is a step up from other entry level units.

Feb 20, 2017 at 9:19 AM Post #2,136 of 3,121

Anyone care to share from experience how the X1 II sounds compared to the Shanling M1 and Sansa Clip+?

I am stuck with this budget and am not too worried about the current bugs, so I am more interested in whether the sound is a step up from other entry level units.

For 100+ bucks to me it sounds really good. It's still buggy. The bluetooth works fine for me. It's a good grab and go music player. I use mine a lot as I don't amp it. The x3ii and x5ii sound better and in light of the x5iii coming out the x5ii price should drop and that would be a real bargain. It's good enough with a stable ui.

Feb 20, 2017 at 9:48 AM Post #2,137 of 3,121
  For 100+ bucks to me it sounds really good. It's still buggy. The bluetooth works fine for me. It's a good grab and go music player. I use mine a lot as I don't amp it. The x3ii and x5ii sound better and in light of the x5iii coming out the x5ii price should drop and that would be a real bargain. It's good enough with a stable ui.

Its a good sounding DAP hat just needs firmware that will speed it up and reduce the lag and gapless needs to be added.

Feb 20, 2017 at 10:19 AM Post #2,139 of 3,121
  I meant the x5ii is a good sounding DAP. The x1ii is buggy but sounds better than my phone.  I'm an old timer so we used to play records so gapless is a luxury. 

I used to play records too and even with records gaining popularity in recent years I never want to go back to vinyl. I hated how dusty they can get and the crackling sound plus they take up too much space. I did like the large artwork and liner notes but that's about it. Fiio says they will implement gapless soon so I'm sure it will come eventually but whether they can eliminate the lag I'm not so sure.

Feb 20, 2017 at 10:25 AM Post #2,140 of 3,121

It sounds worlds  apart from Clip+. Much better, music is more vivid, has way more details, more dynamic range (Clip+ is almost entirely compressed dynamically speaking,), x1ii has a better soundstage and more bass and treble, clip+ being rolled off on both ends. x1ii can also drive more headphones and better.

FW needs some retouching, but I trust FiiO to go a great job with it. 

Feb 20, 2017 at 7:30 PM Post #2,141 of 3,121
Ok, new guy here. I joined up specifically because I just had my iPod classic 6.5-120gb give up the ghost.
So, I immediately bought the FIIO X1-gen2.

THEN.....I read this thread. All of this thread.

Since the gen 2 is continuing to be laggy and flakey, I wonder if anyone can help me.head off unnecessary drama when my device gets here Wednesday.

All I have ever done in the past is to buy a CD, import it to iTunes, then load.it to my pod. The CD goes on the shelf only to be needed if I'm lending it out or need to reload it on my pod for whatever reason.

I would like to duplicate this experience with my new X1-GEN2.

Normal for me would be the ability to have :
Artist - Album - song titles
Then have them in alphabetical order by artist.

Is this doable on the x1?
Is it a simple process/automated?

I am running Linux Peppermint on my laptop, so I still need a management application (any suggestions are welcome) and was looking at Tangerine or Audacious.

FWIW, and off topic, I also plan to gut the dead iPod's harddrive and attempt to swap it for aSD conversion. So any suggestions on music file manager should be able to play nice with both devices. Yes?

Anyhow, thanks for having me. I look forward to any and all advice and help that you guys could offer me.

Feb 20, 2017 at 7:34 PM Post #2,142 of 3,121
Ok, new guy here. I joined up specifically because I just had my iPod classic 6.5-120gb give up the ghost.
So, I immediately bought the FIIO X1-gen2.

THEN.....I read this thread. All of this thread.

Since the gen 2 is continuing to be laggy and flakey, I wonder if anyone can help me.head off unnecessary drama when my device gets here Wednesday.

All I have ever done in the past is to buy a CD, import it to iTunes, then load.it to my pod. The CD goes on the shelf only to be needed if I'm lending it out or need to reload it on my pod for whatever reason.

I would like to duplicate this experience with my new X1-GEN2.

Normal for me would be the ability to have :
Artist - Album - song titles
Then have them in alphabetical order by artist.

Is this doable on the x1?
Is it a simple process/automated?

I am running Linux Peppermint on my laptop, so I still need a management application (any suggestions are welcome) and was looking at Tangerine or Audacious.

FWIW, and off topic, I also plan to gut the dead iPod's harddrive and attempt to swap it for aSD conversion. So any suggestions on music file manager should be able to play nice with both devices. Yes?

Anyhow, thanks for having me. I look forward to any and all advice and help that you guys could offer me.

I'm out of linux so honestly can't advice what you can do for linux. I generally do manual copy files in windows and I use free tool MP3TAG to check tags of files. 

I know that older FiiO DAPs didn't like being plugged in MACs sine the trash files written by mac would upset their system files - good to keep in mind 

Feb 20, 2017 at 7:46 PM Post #2,143 of 3,121
I'm out of linux so honestly can't advice what you can do for linux. I generally do manual copy files in windows and I use free tool MP3TAG to check tags of files. 

I know that older FiiO DAPs didn't like being plugged in MACs sine the trash files written by mac would upset their system files - good to keep in mind 

Thanks George.
Yeah, I am pretty done with any Apple products. Phone is Android, laptop is a Thinkpad running Linux.
I'm actually hopeful that the x1 does the trick for me. I recently restored a pair of Bose 901-series 1, and was using my pod as source.
I no sooner got the setup dialed in when the pod imploded. All my digitized vinyl, all my CDs were on it. So I'm starting from scratch.
Anyhow, I will plan to read up on how to update the little beast with the latest FW, and hope that my initial learning curve is not too steep. I just dropped $300 on CDs last week and was loading them on the pod when it sh!t the bed.
Fingers crossed.

Any Linux users with a FIIO x1-gen2?

Feb 20, 2017 at 8:33 PM Post #2,144 of 3,121
Thanks George.
Yeah, I am pretty done with any Apple products. Phone is Android, laptop is a Thinkpad running Linux.
I'm actually hopeful that the x1 does the trick for me. I recently restored a pair of Bose 901-series 1, and was using my pod as source.
I no sooner got the setup dialed in when the pod imploded. All my digitized vinyl, all my CDs were on it. So I'm starting from scratch.
Anyhow, I will plan to read up on how to update the little beast with the latest FW, and hope that my initial learning curve is not too steep. I just dropped $300 on CDs last week and was loading them on the pod when it sh!t the bed.
Fingers crossed.

Any Linux users with a FIIO x1-gen2?

This one should feel familiar to you: http://www.atunes.org/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back