FiiO X1 II (2nd Gen) w/ Bluetooth!
Feb 16, 2017 at 11:19 AM Post #2,116 of 3,121

I think that the size constraints are for the image to be under 300x300 pixels. 

I had this happen with every DAP I owned to date, including some smartphones. Very large artwork might be displayed on some, but will make the DAP lag just because it was not deisgned to process the image files at a much larger resolution (CPU limitations)

Yeah I never thought about it much until some weren't showing up so I resized the art and it's fine now. The last thing this DAP needs is more lag!

Feb 16, 2017 at 11:45 AM Post #2,117 of 3,121

Yeah I never thought about it much until some weren't showing up so I resized the art and it's fine now. The last thing this DAP needs is more lag!

Oh, don't worry about it! 

Artwork bigger than 500x500 can make even my high end smartphone to laaag sometimes, it's a pretty complicated matter actually; 

My cowon J3 would sometimes become unresponsive for one minute and heat up if the artwork was bigger than 1MB so X1ii is not the only DAP that presents this behavior, it is most likely a thing that happens with all DAPs (I stil haven't held a single DAP for long periods of time that didn't do this
biggrin.gif
)

If anything, I would say that X1ii handles the problem like a champ, it doesn't seem to be slowed down by including album artwork. 

another trick for speeding things up would be NOT including embedded artwork but having .png or .jpg files in the album folder. 

Feb 16, 2017 at 11:53 AM Post #2,118 of 3,121

Oh, don't worry about it! 

Artwork bigger than 500x500 can make even my high end smartphone to laaag sometimes, it's a pretty complicated matter actually; 

My cowon J3 would sometimes become unresponsive for one minute and heat up if the artwork was bigger than 1MB so X1ii is not the only DAP that presents this behavior, it is most likely a thing that happens with all DAPs (I stil haven't held a single DAP for long periods of time that didn't do this
biggrin.gif
)

If anything, I would say that X1ii handles the problem like a champ, it doesn't seem to be slowed down by including album artwork. 

another trick for speeding things up would be NOT including embedded artwork but having .png or .jpg files in the album folder. 

I might try that (putting the album artwork in the folder and not embedding). I have heard before that doing this can speed things up so it might be a good idea. Aside from the lag and no gapless yet I think the X1ii is probably my favorite DAP that I have ever owned. It's great looking and definitely well made!

Feb 16, 2017 at 1:51 PM Post #2,119 of 3,121

I might try that (putting the album artwork in the folder and not embedding). I have heard before that doing this can speed things up so it might be a good idea. Aside from the lag and no gapless yet I think the X1ii is probably my favorite DAP that I have ever owned. It's great looking and definitely well made!

I agree, X1ii is a real pleasure to play with, especially considering it's price! 

I always strip off embedded artwork from my files, it speeds up any DAP you might play the files on, even your phone will feel a speed up! 

There is a simple way of doing this though 
biggrin.gif

Install MP3TAG free software

Go through folders, right click cover and exctract to the folder, 

Import all library

Right click on cover

Remove all embedded art from the files, but as you saved it with extract, ythe files should still be in the folders. Takes 10 minutes for a large library 
L3000.gif

Feb 16, 2017 at 1:54 PM Post #2,120 of 3,121
  I agree, X1ii is a real pleasure to play with, especially considering it's price! 

I always strip off embedded artwork from my files, it speeds up any DAP you might play the files on, even your phone will feel a speed up! 

There is a simple way of doing this though 
biggrin.gif

Install MP3TAG free software

Go through folders, right click cover and exctract to the folder, 

Import all library

Right click on cover

Remove all embedded art from the files, but as you saved it with extract, ythe files should still be in the folders. Takes 10 minutes for a large library 
L3000.gif

Hey that sounds pretty easy! I'll give it a try...thanks for the tip.
beerchug.gif

Feb 16, 2017 at 11:21 PM Post #2,125 of 3,121
Was gapless playback advertised or just assumed as a given?  I'm patient for this to be rectified in firmware because the primary mission imperative for a DAP, in my purview, is to sound good across multiple formats.  The QP1R sounds superior, but the battery indicator is off... so again, I'll show patience for it to be fixed.  It costs ten times more than the X1 II, so the sound is exponentially better, but my expectations are equally met. 

Feb 19, 2017 at 4:08 AM Post #2,127 of 3,121
Hi! Got may x1genii yesterday.
As I wait for my Bose QC35, they shoud come tomorrow, I can 'only' test the BT function
with 2 devices, a subpack and my ik iLoud Micro Monitors.
Both work great with my old samsung android phone.
But my Fiio gives my a constant high frequency noise, ok, not too loud when playing, but audible,
really annoying, when paused or not playing. No noise when wired.
I don't have this problem with my mobile, what gives a similar noise
when connecting, but then it 'switches 'off' to noisless. My Fiio is not.
Should I send it back...?
btw...
I switched off wlan and everything...as I work in a small studio,
everything is seperated and quite noisless...
I'm not a BT user, so did I expect too much...why is it ok via my mobile...?

Feb 20, 2017 at 12:35 AM Post #2,130 of 3,121
Can current users share of the UI lag has been reduced with new FW? I read earlier reviews that changing the tracks and a few seconds of lag between tracks. May be up getting the X1 as the M3 doesn't support higher sample rates than 48khz.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back