FiiO X1 II (2nd Gen) w/ Bluetooth!
Jan 10, 2017 at 4:56 AM Post #1,846 of 3,121
  Hi Graeme (& Fiio),

I am also having a problem with songs not being displayed in the database. My issue is different, however:

After updating the media library, in the "About X1" menu it displays 26992 songs. BUT when I navigate to "All Songs" through the "Category" menu, the "Now Playing" screen shows a total of 22404 songs.

I'm not sure why 4500 songs are not showing up under "All Songs". I like to listen to my entire library on shuffle, so this is inconvenient.

Also, the "Category" menu is painfully slow. If I'm not trying to listen to my library on shuffle, I just use the file browser. I would like to be able to browse by album, genre, etc. but it is just too slow. I know my library is big but that's why I bought a player that allowed for a 256gb micro SD.

Some details: I am using a Samsung 256gb EVO+ UHS-I microSDXC U3 Class 10 memory card formatted on a Mac to MS-DOS (FAT32). My files are mostly 320 and VBR (0) MP3s, some old 128s that I am gradually updating and phasing out, and a small handful of AACs.

Can anyone help? Thanks!

Dear gbr7,

Thank you for your feedback to us. Are those 4500 songs all in MP3 format? Can you find and play them via browse file?  If you put those songs in another TF cards, can those songs be updated? 
Would you mind sending some albums of this songs to us?

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Jan 10, 2017 at 6:35 AM Post #1,847 of 3,121

Hi Frenchman,

Yes, firmware 1.53.

My card came in exFAT, and my player came with a slightly older firmware...1.2 or something like that? It was a couple weeks back. With the card formatted it exFAT, it was barely usable--songs were skipping, stuttering, and pausing when I browsed files. I reformatted to FAT32 and reloaded my library, and the "Browse Files" function started working fine, as well as the playback. The "Category" menu was still very slow to use though.

Jan 10, 2017 at 6:47 AM Post #1,848 of 3,121

Hi FiiO,

The missing songs are definitely MP3s, at least for the most part. I only have ~400 AACs, and ~4,500 songs are missing from the "All Songs" menu.

Unfortunately, I am not able to figure out which songs are showing up under "Browse Files" but not the "All Songs" menu because this would be a very slow process, considering that I have a large library. I also cannot figure out how the "All Songs" menu is organized, which makes it more difficult.

I only have one microSD card, so I cannot test with another card.

Anything else I could do to be helpful here?

Jan 10, 2017 at 8:47 AM Post #1,849 of 3,121

Hi FiiO,

The missing songs are definitely MP3s, at least for the most part. I only have ~400 AACs, and ~4,500 songs are missing from the "All Songs" menu.

Unfortunately, I am not able to figure out which songs are showing up under "Browse Files" but not the "All Songs" menu because this would be a very slow process, considering that I have a large library. I also cannot figure out how the "All Songs" menu is organized, which makes it more difficult.

I only have one microSD card, so I cannot test with another card.

Anything else I could do to be helpful here?

Are you using any applications to control your music library on a computer?  I ask because I had a similar issue when I first got my Sony A17.  I noticed when listening some of the songs were not showing up on the unit.  I use Sony's Mediago software for syncing my music to the player.  One day I noticed at the bottom of the albums list there was one called Unknown.  Sure enough all the songs that would not show up on my player were in this Unknown album folder.  I went through and fixed all the tags for the songs in this folder.  Deleted them off my A17 and loaded the fixed tracks and now all the tracks show up.

To make a long story short, try connecting your player to your computer and use Windows Media Player or some other Media Management software to index your tracks. See if any songs aren't where they are suppose to be under artist and or album.  Chances are these tracks have tag errors that need to be fixed.  Unless the tracks themselves are damaged it is most likely a meta tags that need to be corrected.

Jan 10, 2017 at 11:18 AM Post #1,850 of 3,121
Dear Fiio,

I know this is quite the trivial request, but I'll try anyways : do you think it would be possible for the X1-II to display the artworks in an anti-aliased fashion? No matter the artworks, there is always some pixel stairs on the diagonals and circles. I tried with optimized artworks (300x300), slightly larger artworks (400x400, 500x500), nothing does it.

http://imgur.com/a/sDbOH

http://imgur.com/a/smLZK

Here are two arts from my library, if the Fiio Dev Team is willing to experiment the matter, the second one particularly makes the issue apparent.

Again, I know that a DAP is primarly for listening to music and such, but if it could also display the artworks in a smooth fashion, that'd be awesome ^^'

Thanks again, keep up the good work!

Jan 10, 2017 at 11:58 AM Post #1,852 of 3,121

Dear gbr7,

Thank you for your feedback to us. Are those 4500 songs all in MP3 format? Can you find and play them via browse file?  If you put those songs in another TF cards, can those songs be updated? 
Would you mind sending some albums of this songs to us?

Best regards

Dear Fiio,
I think I have a similar problem. After updating the media library I am getting the message saying that update was successful and 755 files were updated. The number of the songs in About section is also 755. Now when I'm entering the 'Category' section and then click on the 'All Songs' and start playing any song, I get only 572 songs. I have both MP3s and FLACs in my library. The Firmware Version is 1.5.3. 

Jan 10, 2017 at 12:02 PM Post #1,853 of 3,121
  Dear Fiio,

I know this is quite the trivial request, but I'll try anyways : do you think it would be possible for the X1-II to display the artworks in an anti-aliased fashion? No matter the artworks, there is always some pixel stairs on the diagonals and circles. I tried with optimized artworks (300x300), slightly larger artworks (400x400, 500x500), nothing does it.

http://imgur.com/a/sDbOH

http://imgur.com/a/smLZK

Here are two arts from my library, if the Fiio Dev Team is willing to experiment the matter, the second one particularly makes the issue apparent.

Again, I know that a DAP is primarly for listening to music and such, but if it could also display the artworks in a smooth fashion, that'd be awesome ^^'

Thanks again, keep up the good work!

The pixel density is determined by the physical screen. There's no way a software update can change that.

Jan 10, 2017 at 12:42 PM Post #1,854 of 3,121
  Dear Fiio,
I think I have a similar problem. After updating the media library I am getting the message saying that update was successful and 755 files were updated. The number of the songs in About section is also 755. Now when I'm entering the 'Category' section and then click on the 'All Songs' and start playing any song, I get only 572 songs. I have both MP3s and FLACs in my library. The Firmware Version is 1.5.3. 

Ok, I have digged a little bit into this problem and have discovered, that some songs, that are smaller than 1MB, are not displaying in the 'All Songs' section (Like Linkin Park's 'Empty Spaces' and 'Foreword' (both files are ALAC)). At the same time I can find and play them via 'Browse' section. Very strange behavior. 

Jan 10, 2017 at 1:50 PM Post #1,855 of 3,121
TBH, I think the folder view is the only one to use unless you just want to play random files within a genre. The scanning function on the x1 II is really not good in that it takes too long to scan and as you have noticed, doesn't always seem to get everything.

Probability is that it is something to do with tagging so the folder view is the safest bet with it. I gave up on scanning long ago.

Jan 10, 2017 at 2:01 PM Post #1,856 of 3,121
TBH, I think the folder view is the only one to use unless you just want to play random files within a genre. The scanning function on the x1 II is really not good in that it takes too long to scan and as you have noticed, doesn't always seem to get everything.

Probability is that it is something to do with tagging so the folder view is the safest bet with it. I gave up on scanning long ago.

Yeah, right! So no random listening mode for now then.. Too bad, but I hope dev department will fix it
rolleyes.gif

Jan 10, 2017 at 3:31 PM Post #1,858 of 3,121
  The pixel density is determined by the physical screen. There's no way a software update can change that.

Sure, but @kaegell was talking about displaying artwork better. And since the X1II has the same screen resolution (maybe even the same screen hardware too) as the X1 and it displayed album art perfectly, I'm guessing it can be done in this generation too.

Jan 10, 2017 at 5:37 PM Post #1,859 of 3,121
Another idea for the next update. Those changes you have made to the clickwheel do not work as smooth as they should. They act too fastly so.. either change it to be slower or made it so that you can use the "classic" clickwheel mode or this one from the firmware 1.5.3... or even better, make both.

Jan 10, 2017 at 5:59 PM Post #1,860 of 3,121
  Another idea for the next update. Those changes you have made to the clickwheel do not work as smooth as they should. They act too fastly so.. either change it to be slower or made it so that you can use the "classic" clickwheel mode or this one from the firmware 1.5.3... or even better, make both.

The firmware offers the ability to turn the extra click wheel functions off, does it not?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back