FiiO X1 II (2nd Gen) w/ Bluetooth!
Oct 19, 2016 at 9:45 AM Post #871 of 3,121

Absolutely a firmware update will fix this. There's an amazing amount of crud in modern software, much snappier code was written decades ago with much slower processors.

Installing Rockbox on a supported DAP brings this home, assembly and tight code makes a big difference.

Well if that's the case I'd be happy holding on to it but who knows how long it will take them to get around to doing it. The way it is now I wouldn't call it unusable...its more of a major annoyance.

Oct 19, 2016 at 10:17 AM Post #872 of 3,121
  mine has got a good connection, I'm pairing it with sony sbh20 device.

Since bluetooth is not Apt-X quality on the X1 II how good does it sound over bluetooth?  Personally I could only see using bluetooth with the Fiio bluetooth remote given the limitations of the X1 II and the fact it doesn't support the highest bluetooth quality audio.

Oct 19, 2016 at 10:25 AM Post #873 of 3,121

Well if that's the case I'd be happy holding on to it but who knows how long it will take them to get around to doing it. The way it is now I wouldn't call it unusable...its more of a major annoyance.

Another reason I will wait for a later batch of X1 II's in the hope that Fiio will either fix the lag through firmware or maybe tweak the hardware. It might just be that this new OS needs better hardware to run it which will hopefully be there on the X3 III

Oct 19, 2016 at 10:28 AM Post #874 of 3,121
  Another reason I will wait for a later batch of X1 II's in the hope that Fiio will either fix the lag through firmware or maybe tweak the hardware. It might just be that this new OS needs better hardware to run it which will hopefully be there on the X3 III

It would be nice if all it takes to fix the lag was a firmware update but I have a feeling it might not be that simple.

Oct 19, 2016 at 10:45 AM Post #876 of 3,121
jmwreck,

'automatic connection on startup' is on. Think my problem is not waiting long enough for bluetooth to connect. It takes an extremely long time to connect. Now I have another problem.
My ALAC files play when a headphone is plugged in but when connected to bluetooth I get a message that the file is not supported and the same file that played with the headphone
plugged in will not play with bluetooth.

Oct 19, 2016 at 10:51 AM Post #877 of 3,121
  jmwreck,

'automatic connection on startup' is on. Think my problem is not waiting long enough for bluetooth to connect. It takes an extremely long time to connect. Now I have another problem.
My ALAC files play when a headphone is plugged in but when connected to bluetooth I get a message that the file is not supported and the same file that played with the headphone
plugged in will not play with bluetooth.

have you updated to fw 1.2?

When I reviewed the X1 I encountered the same problem with any lossless track over bluetooth. updating to 1.2 fixed it

Oct 19, 2016 at 5:16 PM Post #881 of 3,121
We have one of these players at the office and yesterday I decided to play with it for a bit. It seems pretty flexible and given its price tag I think it's a solid budget DAP. I grabbed a few photos with some of the gear and put together a small gallery.

http://www.head-fi.org/g/a/1106903/fiio-x1-ii-2nd-gen#

Oct 19, 2016 at 6:37 PM Post #882 of 3,121
  have you updated to fw 1.2?

When I reviewed the X1 I encountered the same problem with any lossless track over bluetooth. updating to 1.2 fixed it

Yes I updated to 1.2. I think the problem is that X1ii takes a very long time to start bluetooth and the Bose QC35 headphones timeout before a connection is made. QC35 tries to connect and if it doesn't find the device in a very short time it disconnects. I tried a Bose AE2 and it doesn't timeout, so it connects. But I have another problem.
Using bluetooth headphones I can't play ALAC files, I get a 'file not supported' message, but if I disconnect bluetooth headphones and plugin wired headphones it will play the same ALAC file.
This is true with all ALAC files on the X1ii. Replaced a couple of the files with FLAC versions of the ALAC files and it plays with wired and bluetooth.

Oct 19, 2016 at 7:37 PM Post #884 of 3,121
  New to the forum and without a doubt scoured  the internet for an answer to my question about this device.  Like some, I was planning to dump my ipod and as the gen 2 had an in car mode, I jumped in.  Firmware upgrade and listening as a standalone is great as I usually go about with my e5 which is a little troublesome.

I tried to use it in the car and I'm unlucky that its not even recognised as a USB device, will check how the card was formatted and the line out options later (a little worried as someone reported as issue with it hanging).  

In case I get lucky, if someone knows if I can connect to the car via the 3.5 mm would at least allow me to control the volume. I am guessing that full control over playing the music won't work.  Driving Infiniti Q50 (software wise is only iffy, at least in Singapore). 

Guess it should be labelled 'in some cars only mode' to be precise.  Bluetooth is ok, connection is a little slower, only controls play/pause/fwd/bwd.  Line in, usb or any combination of the two doesn't work in my car.  Well, consolation is that as a portable (non car use device), its great. 

Oct 19, 2016 at 8:42 PM Post #885 of 3,121
  Guess it should be labelled 'in some cars only mode' to be precise.  Bluetooth is ok, connection is a little slower, only controls play/pause/fwd/bwd.  Line in, usb or any combination of the two doesn't work in my car.  Well, consolation is that as a portable (non car use device), its great. 

I only have a simple car and the X1ii works fine as a "giant" thumb drive, I use the In Vehicle Mode where I start the car and the music starts after about 7 seconds. I stop the car and it powers off. That's all I need for a car stereo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back