FiiO X1 II (2nd Gen) w/ Bluetooth!
May 13, 2017 at 8:34 PM Post #2,657 of 3,121
Glad to hear you're still liking the X1ii and I wish too I still had my original X1 to compare the sound. Do you still have your X3ii or X5ii? How is the sound compared to those? I like the X1ii so much I feel like I don't need any other DAPs...it suits all my needs so I purchased a second one and sold my N3 and my X3ii. When Fiio releases the X3iii I might be interested in on of those though :)
Sold my X3II a while ago. I still have the X5II and it definitely sounds better than the new X1, but I only listen to flac on the X5II. The new X1 is no slouch though and sounds really good with the 320 mp3s I've out on it. The X1 sounds better than my Sansa's so I'm slowly phasing them out. I'm very pleased with the X1II and I'll probably end up buying another one just to use in my car.

May 13, 2017 at 8:39 PM Post #2,658 of 3,121
So you now have "gapless" playback? Your Bluetooth works without any problems? It no longer does anything but what it was promised to do? It not longer lags, you can easily and quickly locate songs, albums, artists, etc.?

If so, great. If not, what is still wrong?

This is the second time you've asked this since I bought my X1II. It does what it supposed to do without any problems. Gapless, Bluetooth, and the UI work as it's supposed to. No lag and I have no issues navigating my folders and finding my music, but I only browse by folders and listen to albums.

May 13, 2017 at 10:16 PM Post #2,659 of 3,121
This is the second time you've asked this since I bought my X1II. It does what it supposed to do without any problems. Gapless, Bluetooth, and the UI work as it's supposed to. No lag and I have no issues navigating my folders and finding my music, but I only browse by folders and listen to albums.
93eb0b78fc6581034789c6e40b5c7e6d.jpg

And maybe, just maybe, I was axing for more than just your observations. Yes, I know it is difficult to believe, but maybe, just maybe that is it. Later.

Last edited:
May 14, 2017 at 8:40 AM Post #2,660 of 3,121
93eb0b78fc6581034789c6e40b5c7e6d.jpg

And maybe, just maybe, I was axing for more than just your observations. Yes, I know it is difficult to believe, but maybe, just maybe that is it. Later.

Whatever gets you through the day. I was very critical of this device and its issues at release. However, I waited to buy it until the fw matured and issues were addressed. They've been addressed so I bought one. I'd suggest you try it out for yourself at this point or try the N3 out (you're active in that thread too) and see which one you like better. I'm not sure anyone will say much different than me at this point about the X1II.

May 14, 2017 at 6:46 PM Post #2,662 of 3,121
Sold my X3II a while ago. I still have the X5II and it definitely sounds better than the new X1, but I only listen to flac on the X5II. The new X1 is no slouch though and sounds really good with the 320 mp3s I've out on it. The X1 sounds better than my Sansa's so I'm slowly phasing them out. I'm very pleased with the X1II and I'll probably end up buying another one just to use in my car.

Yeah I sold my X3II too but I can't imagine the sound of the X3II was alot better than that of the X1II. Now the X5II was yet another step up from the X3II so it makes sense it would sound better than the X1II. I'm very happy with the X1II right now too and I don't know what I might be looking at in the future...probably the X3ii whenever that is released but I'm in no rush. It's nice to be satisfied with a DAP for a change and not be looking at everything else that's out there.

May 16, 2017 at 10:42 PM Post #2,663 of 3,121
Whatever gets you through the day. I was very critical of this device and its issues at release. However, I waited to buy it until the fw matured and issues were addressed. They've been addressed so I bought one. I'd suggest you try it out for yourself at this point or try the N3 out (you're active in that thread too) and see which one you like better. I'm not sure anyone will say much different than me at this point about the X1II.

"Whatever gets you through the day"...Well now...Since you then say "I waited to buy it until the fw matured and issues were addressed. They've been addressed so I bought one", I ordered one today. If it does not work as you say (after any and all necessary firmware updates I shall let you (and the forum and FiiO) know. Here.

Of course if it works, great. If it does not, it will be the last FiiO product (instead of the 2nd of many to come) that I shall purchase. There are no words to be eaten by either you nor I. FiiO is responsible for the products. So hey, FiiO?

I am trusting fourrobert13's vouchsafing for your X1 ii. Just so you are aware, I NEVER say the following about any inanimate object : "I LOVE it!" or, "It sounds so much better than ______!" Subjectivity is in my vocabulary, I just try not to subject people to it when it comes to audio. Looks? Yes.

Stay tooooned, kiddlets!

May 17, 2017 at 6:32 AM Post #2,664 of 3,121
"Whatever gets you through the day"...Well now...Since you then say "I waited to buy it until the fw matured and issues were addressed. They've been addressed so I bought one", I ordered one today. If it does not work as you say (after any and all necessary firmware updates I shall let you (and the forum and FiiO) know. Here.

Of course if it works, great. If it does not, it will be the last FiiO product (instead of the 2nd of many to come) that I shall purchase. There are no words to be eaten by either you nor I. FiiO is responsible for the products. So hey, FiiO?

I am trusting fourrobert13's vouchsafing for your X1 ii. Just so you are aware, I NEVER say the following about any inanimate object : "I LOVE it!" or, "It sounds so much better than ______!" Subjectivity is in my vocabulary, I just try not to subject people to it when it comes to audio. Looks? Yes.

Stay tooooned, kiddlets!

I hope you enjoy it. I enjoy mine. If you like it great, if you don't, then I don't know what to tell you. I'm sure we'll hear all about it regardless of how you like or dislike it. However, you should address any issues you have with it towards FiiO and not me because I can't help you. I look forward to hearing your impressions about it.

May 17, 2017 at 6:41 AM Post #2,665 of 3,121

Stay tooooned, kiddlets!

I can't wait!

May 17, 2017 at 7:02 AM Post #2,666 of 3,121
I hope you enjoy it. I enjoy mine. If you like it great, if you don't, then I don't know what to tell you. I'm sure we'll hear all about it regardless of how you like or dislike it. However, you should address any issues you have with it towards FiiO and not me because I can't help you. I look forward to hearing your impressions about it.

I enjoyed my X1 and no one really "heard about it". Sheeesh! It is called a sense of humor! If it works as advertised (i.e., as you say yours does now) then great. If it does not, FTN. It is not your fault, but FiiO's.

What you will not hear is my waxing rhapsodic about "musicality" and other such nonsense, LOL!
Later!

May 19, 2017 at 12:37 AM Post #2,667 of 3,121
Good day everyone! Just want to ask if anyone here experienced a situation wherein the screen of your x1II wont turn on from standby? I encountered this maybe 3-4 times already after upgrading to the 1.6 firmware. Mid-song I paused my music and then after a minute, X1II goes into standby mode and screen turns off with the "blue" LED indicator turned on. After several minutes, I press the "power-on" button to resume my music but screen stays black and all keys are "unresponsive". "Blue" LED however stays on. My only option is to do a "long-press" on the Power-On button to Shut down the unit and re-start it again. Is this a bug on the 1.6 firmware? Hope FiiO can address this on he next Upgrade if this is truly a bug.

May 19, 2017 at 1:58 AM Post #2,668 of 3,121
Good day everyone! Just want to ask if anyone here experienced a situation wherein the screen of your x1II wont turn on from standby? I encountered this maybe 3-4 times already after upgrading to the 1.6 firmware. Mid-song I paused my music and then after a minute, X1II goes into standby mode and screen turns off with the "blue" LED indicator turned on. After several minutes, I press the "power-on" button to resume my music but screen stays black and all keys are "unresponsive". "Blue" LED however stays on. My only option is to do a "long-press" on the Power-On button to Shut down the unit and re-start it again. Is this a bug on the 1.6 firmware? Hope FiiO can address this on he next Upgrade if this is truly a bug.

Long press on then enter button (center scroll wheel)
See also Key lock setting in the manual :
https://www.dropbox.com/s/x3zv862oadmq78o/X1II User Manual.pdf?dl=0

May 19, 2017 at 2:25 AM Post #2,669 of 3,121
May 19, 2017 at 6:13 AM Post #2,670 of 3,121
Dear friend,

Sorry to hear about that and thank you for the kind feedback. The issue may happen sometimes, right? You play the song via category or browse files?

Thank you in advance!

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back