FiiO X1 II (2nd Gen) w/ Bluetooth!
Jan 24, 2017 at 2:01 AM Post #2,042 of 3,121

I was playing songs in shuffle mode from the the "All Songs" function under category. Thanks!

Dear ThePLA,

Thank you for the feedback. We will report to the engineers about that and try to reproduce this issue. Sorry for bringing inconveniece to you.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Jan 25, 2017 at 6:31 PM Post #2,043 of 3,121
My device is on FW1.3.3
This should be exactly what happened.  The player was playing 96/24 flac files.  I turned off device by pressing power.  It may not have been sleeping.  I am not sure about that.  Later I turned on device, and then navigate to a different folder to play 44/16 alac files.  When the selected file started playing the music and progress bar was double speed.  I was able to fix by turning off and turning on the device again.

This happened one time.  I will load FW1.5.3 and see if I can replicate it.
I usually hold power until "See You" appears because I forget the device is still playing and it drains the battery.  So my device may not actually sleep when I stop using it.

@fiio
I have confirmed on FW 1.5.3 the player still plays double speed.
I was playing 96/24 flac files. I paused the player and let it sleep.
I came back in about 30 min, and pressed the power button to wake up the device. I navigated to a different folder with 44/16 alac files and selected a file to play. It played in double speed.

Jan 25, 2017 at 6:53 PM Post #2,044 of 3,121
@fiio
I came back in about 30 min, and pressed the power button to wake up the device. I navigated to a different folder with 44/16 alac files and selected a file to play. It played in double speed.

It happens to me too, but only very occasionally. I also only notice it after the device has been woken from sleep - it's never happened when the player has been turned off, then on. It seems like these intermittent bugs are hard for FiiO to track down :frowning2: Although, it can be quite fun to hear all your music at double speed :wink:

Jan 27, 2017 at 7:50 PM Post #2,045 of 3,121
@fiio

This is exactly it! If I follow the steps described by @PrgSkidmark, I can reproduce this problem every time. 1) Play a 96/24 FLAC. 2)_ Sleep the player. 3) Wake it up and have it try to play a 44/16 FLAC. Thw X1ii then plays at double speed. Good work figuring this out @PrgSkidmark! Hopefully FiiO can now reproduce and fix this bug?

P.S. I found a temporary work-around (rather than rebooting) is to go back and play a 96/24 file again (which plays ok), and then switch back to playing the 44/16 file. Back to normal speed playback...

Jan 29, 2017 at 1:39 PM Post #2,046 of 3,121
Hi all, joined the forum today after spending the last few weeks perusing this thread after purchasing the x1ii. I should point out at this stage that I am by no means an audiophile (I had to google what a DAP was!) and I only got a new player after my old one (Sony NWZ-S639) bit the dust.
The first thing I did after taking it out the box was update to 1.5.3. I then got around to putting my music on the sd card and actually using the player. As mentioned, I'm not looking for a top of the range player as I'm not as dedicated to the art as it appears most of you are (blasphemy I hear you cry!), but I would expect to not miss the first couple of seconds of each track when I make a change! Therefore, could anyone tell me if the new firmware fixes this or if it is planned to do so?
At this moment I'm tempted to return the player and start looking again as I'm quite frustrated by this as to me this is a basic function of a player. Tbh it was the Bluetooth function that was a clincher for me as I could then use it with different devices in the house and I may even purchase some Bluetooth headphones.
Thoughts greatly appreciated and hope it wasn't too long winded!

Cheers!

Db19

Jan 29, 2017 at 3:50 PM Post #2,047 of 3,121
Hi all, joined the forum today after spending the last few weeks perusing this thread after purchasing the x1ii. I should point out at this stage that I am by no means an audiophile (I had to google what a DAP was!) and I only got a new player after my old one (Sony NWZ-S639) bit the dust.
The first thing I did after taking it out the box was update to 1.5.3. I then got around to putting my music on the sd card and actually using the player. As mentioned, I'm not looking for a top of the range player as I'm not as dedicated to the art as it appears most of you are (blasphemy I hear you cry!), but I would expect to not miss the first couple of seconds of each track when I make a change! Therefore, could anyone tell me if the new firmware fixes this or if it is planned to do so?
At this moment I'm tempted to return the player and start looking again as I'm quite frustrated by this as to me this is a basic function of a player. Tbh it was the Bluetooth function that was a clincher for me as I could then use it with different devices in the house and I may even purchase some Bluetooth headphones.
Thoughts greatly appreciated and hope it wasn't too long winded!

Cheers!

Db19

​You will have to disable the Fade In/Fade Out option in the Play Settings. There is no actual gapless playback support yet.

Jan 29, 2017 at 4:06 PM Post #2,048 of 3,121
​You will have to disable the Fade In/Fade Out option in the Play Settings. There is no actual gapless playback support yet.

Thanks for reply. Yes, I've done this already. I've had a wee look on the other forums and I've noticed that Sony have a new model out (a35) which although more expensive I'm tempted by having previously had a Sony. Food for thought as it appears to be "ready" out of the box compared to the fiio.

Jan 29, 2017 at 5:44 PM Post #2,049 of 3,121
Thanks for reply. Yes, I've done this already. I've had a wee look on the other forums and I've noticed that Sony have a new model out (a35) which although more expensive I'm tempted by having previously had a Sony. Food for thought as it appears to be "ready" out of the box compared to the fiio.

You might also want to check out the Shanling M1

Jan 29, 2017 at 7:41 PM Post #2,050 of 3,121

Since you seem interested in bluetooth you should consider the Shanling M1 as it offers Apt-X bluetooth.  The X1-II does not offer Apt-X support and neither does the Sony A35.  Sony's LDAC bluetooth is higher quality but it of course only works with Sony products.  I was shocked when Sony chose not to support Apt-X on the A30 series as my A17 has it.

By most accounts the X1-II implementation of bluetooth is pretty weak and buggy at this point

Feb 1, 2017 at 2:05 PM Post #2,052 of 3,121
Since you seem interested in bluetooth you should consider the Shanling M1 as it offers Apt-X bluetooth.  The X1-II does not offer Apt-X support and neither does the Sony A35.  Sony's LDAC bluetooth is higher quality but it of course only works with Sony products.  I was shocked when Sony chose not to support Apt-X on the A30 series as my A17 has it.

By most accounts the X1-II implementation of bluetooth is pretty weak and buggy at this point

Hi Fish, thanks for your reply. I've sent the Fiio back and purchased the A35 for £180. I guess what swayed it was my previous experience with Sony. 8 years plus without issue is worth something.
One thing I would like to add as was mentioned previously on this thread, how many non tech folk purchasing this player (I include myself in this group) will be left scratching their head at the issues and the possible solutions on offer if they do not come across a website such as this? I have to admit my overall impression is slightly soured after this, although fair play to fiio for responding to the problems put to them on this site and their attempts to fix. Best of luck to all!

Feb 1, 2017 at 6:21 PM Post #2,053 of 3,121
Hi Fish, thanks for your reply. I've sent the Fiio back and purchased the A35 for £180. I guess what swayed it was my previous experience with Sony. 8 years plus without issue is worth something.
One thing I would like to add as was mentioned previously on this thread, how many non tech folk purchasing this player (I include myself in this group) will be left scratching their head at the issues and the possible solutions on offer if they do not come across a website such as this? I have to admit my overall impression is slightly soured after this, although fair play to fiio for responding to the problems put to them on this site and their attempts to fix. Best of luck to all!

Actually glad you chimed in on this point as it seems the die hard techies are quick to defend Fiio despite their issues.  When someone like yourself who is not a technophile speaks up it validates the point that not everyone is comfortable doing constant firmware updates or dealing with the glitches of this unit.  I do agree that the Sony A35 is probably a better choice for people who simply want to enjoy listening to music and don't want the hassles the X1-II presents.  

I am also considering the A35 along some other units and based on my 2 years+ with my A17 I think you made a wise choice.

Feb 1, 2017 at 7:40 PM Post #2,054 of 3,121
  Actually glad you chimed in on this point as it seems the die hard techies are quick to defend Fiio despite their issues.  When someone like yourself who is not a technophile speaks up it validates the point that not everyone is comfortable doing constant firmware updates or dealing with the glitches of this unit.  I do agree that the Sony A35 is probably a better choice for people who simply want to enjoy listening to music and don't want the hassles the X1-II presents.  

I am also considering the A35 along some other units and based on my 2 years+ with my A17 I think you made a wise choice.

I'm passing on this one.  Cayin is soon to release an entry level N3 with Bluetooth (APXT that works) and the same storage capacity.  If the N3 turns into a dud, then I'll just stick with my Sansa's for a beater DAP.  I'm also considering the Shanling M1 due to it's size since I would mainly be using this out and about and when exercising.

Feb 1, 2017 at 9:54 PM Post #2,055 of 3,121

I’ve just received the FiiO leatherette case for the X1 2nd Generation.  It’s low-priced, but looks stylish and chic.  I tend to eschew leatherette products, but it perfectly befits this budget player and is aesthetically pleasing.  There is also no need for firmware updates.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back