FiiO X1 II (2nd Gen) w/ Bluetooth!
Sep 20, 2016 at 8:13 AM Post #138 of 3,121

Here is a post by FiiO regarding the wheel. If you read through to the end they give alot of information on the X1 II.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/820188/about-the-touch-wheel-on-x1-2nd-gen-by-james#post_1287690

Thanks!
beerchug.gif

Sep 20, 2016 at 10:06 AM Post #141 of 3,121

sorry not , the transfer speed is too slow to do that. 

Darn, it would have been a really nice feature.

The full metal buttons instead of metal coated plastic(?) buttons are a welcome improvement as the coating has almost fully come off on my unit.

Sep 20, 2016 at 6:53 PM Post #145 of 3,121
  Darn, it would have been a really nice feature.

The full metal buttons instead of metal coated plastic(?) buttons are a welcome improvement as the coating has almost fully come off on my unit.

It says on the FiiO website "all the buttons are made of CNCed aluminum alloy, wearable and wouldn't fade". So it sounds to me the buttons are full not just metal coated plastic.

Sep 20, 2016 at 7:21 PM Post #146 of 3,121

Yes it does seem like a good price. Can't wait to get one!

Yeah I definitely agree and it will be readily available for sale in Canada unlike most of the current Sony DAP's which have to be imported.  I am looking forward to auditioning one with my Q1.

Sep 20, 2016 at 7:44 PM Post #148 of 3,121
Are you using the current X1 with your Q1?

No actually I am currently using it with a Sony A17. I had the X1 before I got my Q1 but returned it in favor of the Sony because the X1 firmware was to buggy.  But having tried the X3II I think Fiio has finally got the bugs out and I am ready to take the Fiio DAP plunge.  

Sep 20, 2016 at 8:10 PM Post #149 of 3,121
James@Fiio can you give more specifics on what features of bluetooth 4.0 the X1 II supports and the codecs?  

Up to this point most people simply looked for Aptx support when buying bluetooth devices which you say the X1 II will not support at least on initial release.  Aptx is just a codec and Bluetooth 4.0 is the specification.  You mentioned that the bluetooth speed on the X1 II is to slow to handle file transfers, something the Sony A17 supports with Bluetooth 3.0.  I guess I am trying to figure out how useful bluetooth will be on the X1 II if it won't do file transfers and it won't support Aptx for the best sound quality over bluetooth.  So far all we know is that it supports bluetooth 4.0 specs but it is to slow to handle file transfers and it does not support Aptx.  What are the bluetooth capabilities of the X1 II?

Sep 20, 2016 at 8:13 PM Post #150 of 3,121
No actually I am currently using it with a Sony A17. I had the X1 before I got my Q1 but returned it in favor of the Sony because the X1 firmware was to buggy.  But having tried the X3II I think Fiio has finally got the bugs out and I am ready to take the Fiio DAP plunge.  

I see. This might be slightly OT, but in short what are your thoughts on the Q1? Does it perform well with your Sony DAP?

I updated my X1 to the latest firmware 2.0. Seems to be pretty polished. No bugs that I've encountered yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back