FiiO X1 II (2nd Gen) w/ Bluetooth!
Sep 20, 2016 at 8:51 PM Post #151 of 3,121
I see. This might be slightly OT, but in short what are your thoughts on the Q1? Does it perform well with your Sony DAP?

I updated my X1 to the latest firmware 2.0. Seems to be pretty polished. No bugs that I've encountered yet.

The A17 is a low powered DAP so the Q1 definitely improves the power on tap which I needed for my B&W P5S2 headphones.  I am using it with HO so only the amp section of the Q1 is used as the Sony LO implementation isn't very good.  To me with my headphones it improves the sound stage quite a bit, it gives the bass more impact, improves the imaging and gives the music more air so it doesn't sound so closed in. 

So in summary it doesn't really change the sound so much as it gives you more of it.  I bought the Q1 to pair with my A17 also because the 30 hour battery life matched really well with the 30+ hour battery life on the A17.  I can basically charge them both at the same time.

Sep 21, 2016 at 6:52 AM Post #152 of 3,121
  Yeah I definitely agree and it will be readily available for sale in Canada unlike most of the current Sony DAP's which have to be imported.  I am looking forward to auditioning one with my Q1.

How soon it will be available in Canada though I don't know but FiiO seems to be pretty good at getting their products out pretty quickly so hopefully early in October.

Sep 21, 2016 at 8:22 AM Post #156 of 3,121
Preordered from Stereo Singapore. Preorder has a discount of $20. Retail price is $189SGD

Great! Thanks for the information!
beerchug.gif

Sep 21, 2016 at 9:53 AM Post #158 of 3,121
With the new X1 having a tempered glass face and aluminum shell hopefully there will be rubber bumpers available to protect them... similar to what people would use on a smartphone. I've seen clear TPU rubber cases for iPods that just basically protect the back and sides and of course a screen protector for the front.

Sep 21, 2016 at 12:09 PM Post #165 of 3,121
  Well, that's a pity...as I was really hoping to possibly get the new X1 and K5 to replace my current desktop DAC

I know... But fiio.net only lists "Data transfer/Charging" for the micro USB connection of the X1 ii (http://www.fiio.net/en/products/57) so I doubt it works in DAC mode. Looking forward for the X3 iii myself, for the same reason... 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back