[FiiO UTWS5] True Wireless Bluetooth Earhooks as Usual,Coupled with Independent AK4332 DAC
Feb 22, 2023 at 1:59 AM Post #1,936 of 2,559
What I am about to report has been reported already in previous posts but I will repeat it here.

Xiaomi POCO F2 Pro, Android version 12, MIUI Global 13.0.8.0
UTWS5 firmware version 1.5

The problem
When I switch to LHDC, the Best Effort (auto bit rate) is automatically selected. Then if I go to the Developer Settings and set it to Balanced audio and Connection quality (500/560kbps), the music stops playing. I need to go to Bluetooth audio sample rate and change it to 44.1 kHz (from 96 kHz). Only then the music starts playing again.

Will you do something about this?

PS: additionally, your multipoint connection is a mess... I've stopped using it and thank God I have 2 pairs of the UTWS5, so I can use one with my phone and the other with my laptop.
do you listen tidal?

Feb 22, 2023 at 4:53 AM Post #1,938 of 2,559
FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Feb 22, 2023 at 5:56 AM Post #1,939 of 2,559
Dear friend,

I failed to reproduce the issue you mentioned. Are you using the FiiO Control app in latest version?(Android version download link: https://forum.fiio.com/note/showNoteContent.do?id=202105071628040377809&tid=17) And please reset the UTWS5 then reconnect for check?

Best regards
I lost all my user profiles overnight. Just checked EQ configs I did yesterday and it's .... gone. I mean all three user profiles are gone. I had some unexpected re-connection yesterday. It was looks like the UTWS5 rebooted during the music listening. Not sure if it was the root cause.
Regarding the Fiio control app. It should not be kept updated by google play service automatically?

Feb 22, 2023 at 7:06 AM Post #1,940 of 2,559
I lost all my user profiles overnight. Just checked EQ configs I did yesterday and it's .... gone. I mean all three user profiles are gone. I had some unexpected re-connection yesterday. It was looks like the UTWS5 rebooted during the music listening. Not sure if it was the root cause.
Regarding the Fiio control app. It should not be kept updated by google play service automatically?
I configured USER1 profile again, listened music outdoors for about half an hour with transparency to maximum level. I returned to the office, put it in the case for about 5 min, then take out and the USER1 profile has gone again as well as the transparency config.
I re-opened the fiio app and the USER1 profile appear, but the transparency volume didn't. Weird :xf_rolleyes:
I like the product overall, just need to fix those bugs ...

Attachments

• Capture+_2023-02-22-14-38-37.png
    Capture+_2023-02-22-14-38-37.png
    114.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Feb 22, 2023 at 7:49 AM Post #1,941 of 2,559
Feb 23, 2023 at 6:41 AM Post #1,942 of 2,559
Dear friends,

If you meet the problem with the LHDC in 500/560, please PM or reply us the model name and the system version of your mobile phone. We will contact the support team of LHDC to check about that.
Thanks in advance!

Best regards

What I am about to report has been reported already in previous posts but I will repeat it here.

Xiaomi POCO F2 Pro, Android version 12, MIUI Global 13.0.8.0
UTWS5 firmware version 1.5

The problem
When I switch to LHDC, the Best Effort (auto bit rate) is automatically selected. Then if I go to the Developer Settings and set it to Balanced audio and Connection quality (500/560kbps), the music stops playing. I need to go to Bluetooth audio sample rate and change it to 44.1 kHz (from 96 kHz). Only then the music starts playing again.

Will you do something about this?

PS: additionally, your multipoint connection is a mess... I've stopped using it and thank God I have 2 pairs of the UTWS5, so I can use one with my phone and the other with my laptop.
@FiiO , @FiiO Willson , you've asked us to report any issues to you. So? What is your response?

Feb 24, 2023 at 5:51 AM Post #1,943 of 2,559
To everyone that's losing their EQ all of the time: charge your case without your UTWS 5 in them. I've noticed that everytime I leave my case to charge, the EQ settings will be gone. But this only happens when the case is charging with the earhooks inside. If you charge the case standalone, EQ should stick.
I've just grown the habit of charging them during lunch break while I'm using them, and the unplug the case before putting the earhooks back in.
This EQ wipe also isn't instant, I've made the mistake of charging how I was used to before and let it sit like that a couple of seconds, but the EQ was still there.

Feb 24, 2023 at 5:55 AM Post #1,944 of 2,559
To everyone that's losing their EQ all of the time: charge your case without your UTWS 5 in them. I've noticed that everytime I leave my case to charge, the EQ settings will be gone. But this only happens when the case is charging with the earhooks inside. If you charge the case standalone, EQ should stick.
I've just grown the habit of charging them during lunch break while I'm using them, and the unplug the case before putting the earhooks back in.
This EQ wipe also isn't instant, I've made the mistake of charging how I was used to before and let it sit like that a couple of seconds, but the EQ was still there.
here need new firmawe to fix problem. charging case with or without is too much game.im not charging and eq settings gone too

Feb 24, 2023 at 8:16 AM Post #1,945 of 2,559
I configured USER1 profile again, listened music outdoors for about half an hour with transparency to maximum level. I returned to the office, put it in the case for about 5 min, then take out and the USER1 profile has gone again as well as the transparency config.
I re-opened the fiio app and the USER1 profile appear, but the transparency volume didn't. Weird :xf_rolleyes:
I like the product overall, just need to fix those bugs ...
My EQ settings are gone again today. This time it was very weird.
I put UTWS5 to charge on wireless charging with iems inside. I take it off from the charge when it finished and put aside. Some time later I started listening my UTWS3 with other iems, then the eventually the music stop playing. I check the phone and ... I see the UTWS5 connected itself to my phone while it was in the case :astonished: and took sound route to itself. This was the reason why music stopped playing via UTWS3. Then I checked the EQ and found that the settings are gone.
I wandering why UTWS5 connected to my phone when it was in the case and just resting on the table? It's clear to me that something is wrong with v1.5 sw update.
Fiio please fix it!

Last edited:
Feb 25, 2023 at 12:32 AM Post #1,947 of 2,559
how stable is the app and app features on iOS? only thing stopping me from getting this over the shure tw2
Its finicky at best. I have had many issues with the app not connecting with my units so I can't use the volume control / EQ on an iPhone 14 Pro.
FiiO's software is downright crap and frustrating. Works 10% of the time and you spend 90% of the time trying to get it to work.

@FiiO @FiiO Willson

Last edited:
Feb 25, 2023 at 12:38 AM Post #1,948 of 2,559
Its finicky at best. I have had many issues with the app not connecting with my units so I can use the volume control / EQ on an iPhone 14 Pro.
FiiO's software is downright crap and frustrating. Works 10% of the time and you spend 90% of the time trying to get it to work.
welp, I'm sold on a shure tw2 then thanks *edit and bought haha

Last edited:
Feb 25, 2023 at 2:30 AM Post #1,949 of 2,559
One other bug I have observed with the 1.5 firmware is this:

When I open the case and take out my UTWS5, I hear "disconnected" from the voice! But my UTWS5 connects with my phone.
Also, when I am listening to music with my Qudelix-5K, my UTWS5 which I have inside the closed case, automatically connects to my phone, so the music stops playing on my Qudelix-5K. This has never happened to me with the previous firmware. Only with the 1.5 firmware this is happening to me almost all the time.

@FiiO , @FiiO Willson , what have you done to this firmware, and it has so many issues and bugs?!

Last edited:
Feb 25, 2023 at 4:50 PM Post #1,950 of 2,559
Does anyone have a link to the official 1.42 firmware? I will downgrade back to 1.42

Thank you

Users who are viewing this thread

Back