[FiiO UTWS5] True Wireless Bluetooth Earhooks as Usual,Coupled with Independent AK4332 DAC
Feb 11, 2022 at 10:22 AM Post #826 of 2,559
What codec are u guys getting with the M11 ltd with this? aptx hd? This will be a deal breaker for me if i buy or not.

Last edited:
Feb 11, 2022 at 9:14 PM Post #827 of 2,559
Has anyone tried a combination of straight and right angled adapters to fit an iSine or i3/i4?

Feb 11, 2022 at 9:36 PM Post #828 of 2,559
What codec are u guys getting with the M11 ltd with this? aptx hd? This will be a deal breaker for me if i buy or not.
Dear friend,

The UTWS5 does not support APTX HD. So it could connect to the M11Plus LTD via APTX instead.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Feb 11, 2022 at 10:13 PM Post #830 of 2,559
Feb 12, 2022 at 2:19 AM Post #831 of 2,559
Feb 12, 2022 at 2:23 AM Post #833 of 2,559
Because LDAC is overrated and eats the battery and has high latency and poor range (distance) and is not needed if you are listening to CD quality which is 16/44.1 so will be upsampled by PowerAmp or whatever.

Sure for Hi-Res on Amazon or such but you are stuck with 24/96 while the music there goes to 24/192.

Last edited:
Feb 12, 2022 at 2:26 AM Post #834 of 2,559
Hi,
I have a few issues regarding the battery life and charging of the UTWS5.
Fiio says 6.5 hours but it never goes past 3hrs and just recently it seemed to have gotten worse. I took it out of the case after leaving it to charge overnight and then it died in less than 2 hrs. What was more surprising was the level of decrease, as it went from 99% to about 30% in 30 mins. Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

Also, do the L/R lights in the charging case go off a few seconds after It's closed with the utws5 in them? When I put them in the case and close the lid, they blink for a few seconds and then go off. I'm not sure if it's the same for everyone.

When charging the case via usb-c , does the middle light go off when it's fully charged?

I use it with an iphone 13 for reference.

Last edited:
Feb 12, 2022 at 3:29 AM Post #835 of 2,559
Hi,
I have a few issues regarding the battery life and charging of the UTWS5.
Fiio says 6.5 hours but it never goes past 3hrs and just recently it seemed to have gotten worse. I took it out of the case after leaving it to charge overnight and then it died in less than 2 hrs. What was more surprising was the level of decrease, as it went from 99% to about 30% in 30 mins. Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

Also, do the L/R lights in the charging case go off a few seconds after It's closed with the utws5 in them? When I put them in the case and close the lid, they blink for a few seconds and then go off. I'm not sure if it's the same for everyone.

When charging the case via usb-c , does the middle light go off when it's fully charged?

I use it with an iphone 13 for reference.
It is normal for the lights to go off after a few seconds. Only when the case is charging they stay on, all the time. My UTWS5 lasts around 5 hours, when listening to Amazon Music HD, aptX Adaptive. The only issue I am facing is that the battery level meters do not show the actual charge level. Like, I am leaving them inside the fully charged case overnight, and in the morning it will show like 96% - 98% charging level. Sometimes, if I will take them out and put them right back in, the level raises to 100%.

Last edited:
Feb 12, 2022 at 9:04 AM Post #838 of 2,559
why bother when u can get wireless buds with ldac
The same question for people who is in this sub forum. We want to use our freaking expensive IEMs wirelessly or any IEMs in general.

Feb 12, 2022 at 9:14 AM Post #839 of 2,559
And the answer is the same as before.

The previous FiiO Neckband has it all apart from Aptx Adaptive, I use the Codec to match what I am listening to, no point in using 24bit LDAC or even Aptx-HD to listen to my 16bit CD rips.

If they add LDAC to these the battery will even worse than it is now and even more so now they want you to charge to 85% not 100% for longevity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back