[FiiO UTWS5] True Wireless Bluetooth Earhooks as Usual,Coupled with Independent AK4332 DAC
May 15, 2022 at 2:39 AM Post #1,291 of 2,559
May 16, 2022 at 12:48 AM Post #1,293 of 2,559
I want to use the UTWS5 with the 64 Audio U12t. Which version of the UTWS5 should i buy? The 2-pin or the MMCX + bent 2-pin adapter?
My hears are medium sized. I wonder if the MMCX UTWS5+ bent adapter would make it too long and the UTWS5 would be hanging low behind my ears..hehe.
I want a secure fit.

Last edited:
May 16, 2022 at 2:15 AM Post #1,294 of 2,559
I want to use the UTWS5 with the 64 Audio U12t. Which version of the UTWS5 should i buy? The 2-pin or the MMCX + bent 2-pin adapter?
My hears are medium sized. I wonder if the MMCX UTWS5+ bent adapter would make it too long and the UTWS5 would be hanging low behind my ears..hehe.
I want a secure fit.
Mmcx with the oeaudio adapter for sure.

May 16, 2022 at 2:43 AM Post #1,296 of 2,559
Thanks for your input. Any particular reason for your opinion?
Without the adapter the fit might be tighter. I don't need compatibility with mmcx IEMs.
Should i choose the adapter route then i would get the L shaped adapter.
The good thing about the mmcx with adapter is that it allows the iem to swivel which can help for better alignment once the iem is in the ear. Also it helps when sitting in the case if you are using long ear tips.
I plan on getting the a12t at some stage & they have a recession for the 2 pin so I will run mmcx to 2 pin adapters.

May 16, 2022 at 2:58 AM Post #1,298 of 2,559
Got mine today installed the update that was available & I do have the left & right battery charge % issue but what bugs me the most is the environment mode it cuts in & out, then stays out. Anyone else have this problem ?
Dear friend,

Triple-click the button on the right earhook could enable the Ambient Sound Mode. Did you click the button when the problem happen?

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
May 16, 2022 at 4:08 AM Post #1,301 of 2,559
Dear friend,

Triple-click the button on the right earhook could enable the Ambient Sound Mode. Did you click the button when the problem happen?

Best regards
OK I tried the triple click & environment mode works but the music keeps going. 🤔
My shure tw2 purses the music while environment mode is on which makes more sense can this be done on the utws5 ?

May 16, 2022 at 11:18 AM Post #1,302 of 2,559
I need some IEM’s to use while I’m at work and I’ve scoured this thread looking for some economic IEM’s to use with my UTWS5 but most comments are regarding pricey pieces.

Does anyone have any suggestions for some IEM’s up to $150ish that are tried and true with the UTWS5. I have the mcxx model.
I’m looking for a brighter profile with a tight and pronounced but not overbearing low end. I’m mostly playing heavier music that’s pretty low tuned.

My current IEM’s are way too warm and dark without EQ-ing.

Thnx!!

May 16, 2022 at 11:34 AM Post #1,303 of 2,559
I need some IEM’s to use while I’m at work and I’ve scoured this thread looking for some economic IEM’s to use with my UTWS5 but most comments are regarding pricey pieces.

Does anyone have any suggestions for some IEM’s up to $150ish that are tried and true with the UTWS5. I have the mcxx model.
I’m looking for a brighter profile with a tight and pronounced but not overbearing low end. I’m mostly playing heavier music that’s pretty low tuned.

Thnx!!
Would say TinHiFi T4 or (with adapters) Aria, Starfield, S12.

May 16, 2022 at 1:53 PM Post #1,305 of 2,559

Thnx!!
S12 or Olina for sure.

S12 is regularly on sale for 130-140.
With Olina I'd highly recommend getting a Tanchjim Tanya to do the filter mod.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back