[FiiO UTWS5] True Wireless Bluetooth Earhooks as Usual,Coupled with Independent AK4332 DAC
Mar 15, 2022 at 10:45 AM Post #1,036 of 2,559
Why would u not just get the 2 pin wireless instead of mmcx?
best of both worlds

i have used the UTWS5 with Timeless (mmcx), Z1R (mmcx), FiiO FD7 (mmcx), and Monarch MKII (2-pin). I will also use on the EDP Ace (2-pin) when i receive them.

also, i have read that 2 pin connectors can break easily, and IMO its easier to replace a $10 adapter than a $130 device that's rarely in stock.

Mar 15, 2022 at 10:47 AM Post #1,037 of 2,559
Yikes, hopefully you don't cancel and can create a better experience for ambient mode. I know many ppl are still looking forward to this feature update including myself.
transparency mode was one of the main reasons i bought the UTWS5. if it is cancelled, it would be a deal breaker for me.

Mar 15, 2022 at 10:49 AM Post #1,038 of 2,559
best of both worlds

i have used the UTWS5 with Timeless (mmcx), Z1R (mmcx), FiiO FD7 (mmcx), and Monarch MKII (2-pin). I will also use on the EDP Ace (2-pin) when i receive them.

also, i have read that 2 pin connectors can break easily, and IMO its easier to replace a $10 adapter than a $130 device that's rarely in stock.
Gotcha ya

Mar 15, 2022 at 11:07 AM Post #1,039 of 2,559
This is exactly what Fiio has said about this feature coming to the UTWS 3. There was a beta version and it was then cancelled, instead the promise this feature will finally be available with the UTWS 5. :thinking:

Don`t get me wrong, I find it right that new features should only be implemented if certain quality standards are fulfilled. :thumbsup:

But what about doing your beta testing in the background without announcing or promising features that you are not sure of yet if they will meet your standards?
Otherwise it is overpromising underdelivering (instead of the other way round!)…and this is never good for the reputation of a company, at least in my opinion.

To be honest, as a European I never fully understood why many Chinese companies are often rushing sooo much to announce / bring out new features or products that are still massively under development. I have owned several Fiio products that were all nice from their idea, but literally none of them was bug free or didn`t have any small issues etc.
Never had those experiences with Sony, Sennheiser etc.
Of course those companies might have a better financial backup, but I feel that is not everything. It also has to do a lot with their philosophy to slow down their product cycles!

Might be a cultural difference and problem of different markets.....but Fiio is a big company that also has an international target group. So these things should be put into consideration while you develop a product ....

To be fair, again, the same applies to other companies like Hifiman, Shanling, Cayin etc.
My thoughts exactly

Mar 15, 2022 at 12:40 PM Post #1,040 of 2,559
This is exactly what Fiio has said about this feature coming to the UTWS 3. There was a beta version and it was then cancelled, instead the promise this feature will finally be available with the UTWS 5. :thinking:

Don`t get me wrong, I find it right that new features should only be implemented if certain quality standards are fulfilled. :thumbsup:

But what about doing your beta testing in the background without announcing or promising features that you are not sure of yet if they will meet your standards?
Otherwise it is overpromising underdelivering (instead of the other way round!)…and this is never good for the reputation of a company, at least in my opinion.

To be honest, as a European I never fully understood why many Chinese companies are often rushing sooo much to announce / bring out new features or products that are still massively under development. I have owned several Fiio products that were all nice from their idea, but literally none of them was bug free or didn`t have any small issues etc.
Never had those experiences with Sony, Sennheiser etc.
Of course those companies might have a better financial backup, but I feel that is not everything. It also has to do a lot with their philosophy to slow down their product cycles!

Might be a cultural difference and problem of different markets.....but Fiio is a big company that also has an international target group. So these things should be put into consideration while you develop a product ....

To be fair, again, the same applies to other companies like Hifiman, Shanling, Cayin etc.
Yes - very true. The problem is that companies like FiiO genuinely care about providing timely updates but end up shooting themselves in the foot by declaring what they 'intend' to do rather than actually focusing on the gaps of their current products and then announcing it when it's actually done. The B&O Beoplay EQ is a great example of where B&O stayed somewhat silent on the various issues around volume, multi-point and skip track controls but after the silence, BOOM, they announce it's available and everybody is pleasantly surprised (including myself) because at that point, nobody was expecting them to deliver. It's always better to err on the side of under promise and over deliver rather than over promise and under deliver. The latter will always always always, leave a bad stain on your brand.

Mar 15, 2022 at 1:50 PM Post #1,041 of 2,559
Thank you for your support.
In fact, I feel that we are still quite stable, we do publicity are sure to be able to do before we start to promote.

Only in the end will be abandoned because of some individual problems. This is a very complicated matter.

The same is true for software updates, which can be delayed again and again because of a bug. But we never forget what we said,
So, do you have an ETA for the new firmware?

Mar 15, 2022 at 3:13 PM Post #1,042 of 2,559
Yes - very true. The problem is that companies like FiiO genuinely care about providing timely updates but end up shooting themselves in the foot by declaring what they 'intend' to do rather than actually focusing on the gaps of their current products and then announcing it when it's actually done. The B&O Beoplay EQ is a great example of where B&O stayed somewhat silent on the various issues around volume, multi-point and skip track controls but after the silence, BOOM, they announce it's available and everybody is pleasantly surprised (including myself) because at that point, nobody was expecting them to deliver. It's always better to err on the side of under promise and over deliver rather than over promise and under deliver. The latter will always always always, leave a bad stain on your brand.
Yeah I remember the bombardment of tech spec sheets around launch, hints at system wide PEQ and still nothing coming to fruition yet.

Mar 15, 2022 at 7:38 PM Post #1,046 of 2,559
Yeah I remember the bombardment of tech spec sheets around launch, hints at system wide PEQ and still nothing coming to fruition yet.
I just wish FiiO would learn a few things from Qudelix...

Mar 15, 2022 at 7:40 PM Post #1,047 of 2,559
Is it possible to test beta with LHDC support already?
I don't think so. "Later" for FiiO means after one year, or so. But better wait for @FiiO Willson 's next appearance on this thread, after 15 days or so, to get your answer.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back