[FiiO UTWS5] True Wireless Bluetooth Earhooks as Usual,Coupled with Independent AK4332 DAC
Jan 4, 2022 at 11:32 PM Post #646 of 2,559
i have the KZ ZS10 Pro will the pin version fit?

Jan 5, 2022 at 12:39 AM Post #648 of 2,559
Not sure if you have tried/owned the UTWS3, is the UTWS5 worth the extra cost?
I’ve never had the last Gen but would go for the new version. Wireless charging and better specs.

Jan 5, 2022 at 1:34 AM Post #649 of 2,559
Mine is defective. It randomly connects to my phone when the case is closed. Nothing else matters because this makes it useless.

Jan 5, 2022 at 10:03 AM Post #650 of 2,559
Mine is defective. It randomly connects to my phone when the case is closed. Nothing else matters because this makes it useless.
I had the same issue and returned mine. I tested and it would happen even without an IEM attached, after cleaning the contacts thoroughly, and ensuring the earhooks were both well seated in the case, etc. For the few nights I tested, it was about a 50/50 chance that one of the two earhooks would do this and continually try to reconnect to my phone even when it should be off in the case and charging. The other frustrating side effect of this is that the earhook doesn't charge and you might not realize it until the next morning when you want to use it.

Jan 5, 2022 at 12:01 PM Post #651 of 2,559
Two quick questions:
1) Do you need to max out the volume on the phone before using the volume increase/decrease buttons on the UTWS5 earpieces? In other words, any impact on sound quality if I use the phone’s volume instead?

2) Is there a way to shut off UTWS5 when outside of case? Or some other way around perhaps… use case — say I want to leave the UTWS5 connected to IEMs on the desk and shut it off somehow so I can use other Bluetooth headsets, without my phone constantly trying to connect to UTWS5.

Thank you in advance!

Jan 6, 2022 at 8:05 AM Post #652 of 2,559
Two quick questions:
1) Do you need to max out the volume on the phone before using the volume increase/decrease buttons on the UTWS5 earpieces? In other words, any impact on sound quality if I use the phone’s volume instead?

2) Is there a way to shut off UTWS5 when outside of case? Or some other way around perhaps… use case — say I want to leave the UTWS5 connected to IEMs on the desk and shut it off somehow so I can use other Bluetooth headsets, without my phone constantly trying to connect to UTWS5.

Thank you in advance!

For your first question, I think the phone volume controls the power of the QCC5141 bluetooth receiver chip in the UTWS5. The UTWS5 app and buttons control the AK4332 DAC chip in the UTWS5. I find setting the phone volume control to 90%+ does not sound good for me. I prefer setting the phone volume to 50-75% and the UTWS5 volume to 26-28. You may try and see if it works for you.

Jan 6, 2022 at 10:38 AM Post #653 of 2,559
I had the same issue and returned mine. I tested and it would happen even without an IEM attached, after cleaning the contacts thoroughly, and ensuring the earhooks were both well seated in the case, etc. For the few nights I tested, it was about a 50/50 chance that one of the two earhooks would do this and continually try to reconnect to my phone even when it should be off in the case and charging. The other frustrating side effect of this is that the earhook doesn't charge and you might not realize it until the next morning when you want to use it.
This is happening to me now, non-stop. Driving me insane. No charge issues, but constant issues with random connections when not in use.

Jan 6, 2022 at 11:22 AM Post #654 of 2,559
Would still like to know if the 2 pin connector version will fit my KZ ZS10 Pro snuggly? I use Soundcore liberty 3 pro which sound fantastic and has ldac. I would like to know if this item would sound just as good with my iems first before i buy.

Jan 6, 2022 at 2:16 PM Post #655 of 2,559
I’ve just received my set, I’m not having a good user experience so far. I’ve managed to connect them to my iPhone and only the right ear is showing as connected in the app and no sound from the left side. I’ve tried a reset and I can’t even connect to them now.

I can’t get the case to flash red and white again. I’ve held the button down for 12 seconds and the earhooks flash but that’s it. Anyone got any ideas?

It shows both when it first connects and then it just shows the right one. Is that normal or should both battery indicators be displayed?

It just keeps saying power on over and over and each ear now and when I try to play music through them they aren’t shown in my devices.

Attachments

• 87D018A9-1350-49B0-B93D-578D96ED9E3B.png
    87D018A9-1350-49B0-B93D-578D96ED9E3B.png
    657.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jan 6, 2022 at 5:40 PM Post #656 of 2,559
Would still like to know if the 2 pin connector version will fit my KZ ZS10 Pro snuggly? I use Soundcore liberty 3 pro which sound fantastic and has ldac. I would like to know if this item would sound just as good with my iems first before i buy.
It can fit as the KZ ZS10 is similar to ultimate ears based on pic. But it wont fit snugly and you may need an adaptor. https://www.null-audio.com/products/ciem-diy-sockets

Jan 6, 2022 at 5:55 PM Post #657 of 2,559
thanks, now ldac versus aptx that they come with

Jan 6, 2022 at 6:03 PM Post #658 of 2,559
What is the difference between recessed and flat 2 pin?
There are generally 4 types of 2 pins

1) Recessed 2 pin - like the old 64audio CIEM- There is a rectangle cutout at the 2 pin. This is to ensure the 2 pin wont snap (this will not fit the UTWs5)
2) Flush mount 2 pin - The 2 holes are flush (this is what UTWs5 can fit best)
3) Protruding 2 pins - This is where the 2 pin stick out and cover by a sleeves (like the KZ ZS 10) - Fit the UTWs5 but its ugly.
4) QDC 2 pins - Similar to protruding pins but it has a rounded edge. - Fit the UTWs5 but its ugly.

Most are 0.78mm but there are also 0.75mm. Like Audeze i3. they wont fit each other.

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2022 at 7:06 PM Post #659 of 2,559
again what about ldac vs the codec on these things? And whats so special about snap dragon sound?

Jan 6, 2022 at 7:10 PM Post #660 of 2,559
I’ve tried everything, these things connect to my phone but I am unable to actually play any music through them. Absolute garbage. Complete waste of money. That’s the last time I buy a fiio product. I can’t even return them realistically because they move come from china(Aliexpress). Oh well, that’ll teach me for going if the grid a little.
Anyone tired the Shure TW adaptors?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back