[FiiO UTWS5] True Wireless Bluetooth Earhooks as Usual,Coupled with Independent AK4332 DAC
Nov 5, 2021 at 9:24 AM Post #197 of 2,559
Pre ordered the UTWS5 to upgrade my UTWS3 I am using right now. Hope to find a noticeable upgrade with the already good UTWS3 + UERR pairing

Nov 5, 2021 at 11:05 AM Post #199 of 2,559
Just curious when FiiO is moving to build the bluetooth/DAC/amping parts into their headphones so we're finally done with all this loose stuff that can only break down. Certainly their latest models are tiny enough to expand them to normal size again, allowing fantastic ergonomical support by the ear, and having enough space for the electric components. I think I'll be holding off until they're truly wireless. It's almost 2022 and many have gone there before. I'm actually having a very touch time moving away from my Sony WF01000XM4 to much better sounding IEMs (should be easy!) because of the ultimate freedom they deliver with incredible battery life and comfort at the same time.

drftr

Nov 5, 2021 at 11:30 AM Post #200 of 2,559
Just curious when FiiO is moving to build the bluetooth/DAC/amping parts into their headphones so we're finally done with all this loose stuff that can only break down. Certainly their latest models are tiny enough to expand them to normal size again, allowing fantastic ergonomical support by the ear, and having enough space for the electric components. I think I'll be holding off until they're truly wireless. It's almost 2022 and many have gone there before. I'm actually having a very touch time moving away from my Sony WF01000XM4 to much better sounding IEMs (should be easy!) because of the ultimate freedom they deliver with incredible battery life and comfort at the same time.

drftr
You're looking at the wrong product then. I'm sure FiiO will come out with their own TWS IEMs in due time. But this product is aimed at a niche market of people who don't want TWS and want to use their existing quality IEMs without wires. I find this product very economical compared to buying TWS every year or two. My good IEMs dont need to change, just the adapter to get new technology in Bluetooth audio.

Nov 5, 2021 at 11:31 AM Post #201 of 2,559
I saw the mmcx version available through Ali express but not the 0.78mm one.

Besides some people have received theirs so it must be available somewhere.
The UTWS3 also had less stock of the 0.78mm version. Have you considered getting a 0.78mm to mmcx adapter? You have much more adjustability with the mmcx connector as it allows free rotation

Nov 5, 2021 at 11:43 AM Post #202 of 2,559
You're looking at the wrong product then. I'm sure FiiO will come out with their own TWS IEMs in due time. But this product is aimed at a niche market of people who don't want TWS and want to use their existing quality IEMs without wires. I find this product very economical compared to buying TWS every year or two. My good IEMs dont need to change, just the adapter to get new technology in Bluetooth audio.
I don't think you got my point. I'm sure more upmarket brands are looking at exactly this. They're adding $200-$300 cables and I'm sure they'd like to get rid of those.

drftr

Nov 5, 2021 at 11:46 AM Post #203 of 2,559
The UTWS3 also had less stock of the 0.78mm version. Have you considered getting a 0.78mm to mmcx adapter? You have much more adjustability with the mmcx connector as it allows free rotation
Correct, but unfortunately MMCX is considered among the worst connectors because they easily break. The 2 pins however sometimes simply fall from the cable. Seems even worse to me. That's probably the reason that there's now at least 5 different connector types developed by other brands that all aim for marketshare. Terrible situation for us buyers if you want to cable-roll or... buy FiiO Blutooth earhooks...

drftr

Nov 5, 2021 at 11:47 AM Post #204 of 2,559
I don't think you got my point. I'm sure more upmarket brands are looking at exactly this. They're adding $200-$300 cables and I'm sure they'd like to get rid of those.

drftr
You mean brands that make a thousand dollar IEMs turning them into TWS? Thanks, but no thanks. Not spending more than 300 dollar on a TWS, these things become obsolete much faster than traditional IEMs due to the nature of the technology.

Nov 5, 2021 at 11:48 AM Post #205 of 2,559
Correct, but unfortunately MMCX is considered among the worst connectors because they easily break. The 2 pins however sometimes simply fall from the cable. Seems even worse to me. That's probably the reason that there's now at least 5 different connector types developed by other brands that all aim for marketshare. Terrible situation for us buyers if you want to cable-roll or... buy FiiO Blutooth earhooks...

drftr
They are pretty tight, so if you bend or step on it. Sure it will break. I haven't experienced normal use breaking on me. If you drop or step on IEMs. They will break.

Nov 7, 2021 at 10:40 PM Post #209 of 2,559
So... This is a stupid thought.. Does the UTWS5 case charge UTWS3 adapters? And vise-versa? The output ratings are the same, the shape and contacts are the same. Good to know if the UTWS3 case will charge my UTWS5 in a pinch. Even though it is bulky enough to just carry one of them.
It is completely possible
But you are recommended to use the UTWS5 case for charging, UTWS5 has made some changes to be more stable。

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back