[FiiO UTWS3] True Wireless Bluetooth Module/MMCX/0.78 2pin/QCC3020/TPA6140A2/ Bluetooth 5.0
Jan 15, 2021 at 12:26 PM Post #289 of 905
Unfortunately this measurements need a proper rig and I doubt that differences will show up.
I bet that the UTWS3 itself will measure quite flat.
yeah it is a wishful request. I am just hoping for someone more technical savvy than myself that has a proper equipment.
At this time, there is not much to complain about these modules. :)

Jan 15, 2021 at 2:27 PM Post #291 of 905
props to FiiO for the quick firmware update. Speaks volumes to have a company that takes user feedback and quickly addresses it.

Now a bit of a quirk when it comes to the update process. I'm using a Samsung S10+. You have to update the left and right buds independently. The FiiO app will only update the ear bud that the phone is connected to. So if your phone's bluetooth is showing that it's connected to the left side, choose to connect to the left side in the FiiO app. Once that's done, disconnect from the left bud in the phone's bluetooth and connect to the right side. My right bud was stuck while trying to update until I figured this out.

Jan 15, 2021 at 2:31 PM Post #292 of 905
props to FiiO for the quick firmware update. Speaks volumes to have a company that takes user feedback and quickly addresses it.

Now a bit of a quirk when it comes to the update process. I'm using a Samsung S10+. You have to update the left and right buds independently. The FiiO app will only update the ear bud that the phone is connected to. So if your phone's bluetooth is showing that it's connected to the left side, choose to connect to the left side in the FiiO app. Once that's done, disconnect from the left bud in the phone's bluetooth and connect to the right side. My right bud was stuck while trying to update until I figured this out.
I think this might be unfixable since it's connect master-slave type? Our Samsung phone sure do not have TWS+ mode; although I am still unsure if being TWS+ help with the ability to update both modules at once. :thinking:

Jan 15, 2021 at 2:34 PM Post #293 of 905
I think this might be unfixable since it's connect master-slave type? Our Samsung phone sure do not have TWS+ mode; although I am still unsure if being TWS+ help with the ability to update both modules at once. :thinking:

Yeah, I figured it had something to do with the master-slave connection type. I don't think it's a big deal, how often are we going to be updating the firmwares right? I just thought that I'd point out the quirks because if you only update the left ear and not the right, and the phone connects to the right ear bud, it's going to be blasting max volume again, which would be pretty dangerous.

Jan 16, 2021 at 7:56 AM Post #296 of 905
Or Amazon Germany? ☺️

Jan 16, 2021 at 6:52 PM Post #297 of 905
Literally nobody asked for this, but I just added wireless charging to the UTWS3. I can post a guide (fairly simple really) if anyone need. Not sure if it is safe so...
20210116_183501.jpg
20210116_184443.jpg
20210116_184521.jpg

It just finished charging on mine :)
I am by no means an engineer so keep that in mind. Again, not sure if it's safe...

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2021 at 6:57 PM Post #298 of 905
Literally nobody asked for this, but I just added wireless charging to the UTWS3. I can post a guide (fairly simple really) if anyone need. Not sure if it is safe so...
20210116_183501.jpg
20210116_184443.jpg
20210116_184521.jpg

It just finished charging on mine :)
I am by no means an engineer so keep that in mind. Again, not sure if it's safe...

Awesome! You beat me to it. I'm still waiting on my UTWS3s to arrive.

Jan 16, 2021 at 7:08 PM Post #300 of 905
Awesome! You beat me to it. I'm still waiting on my UTWS3s to arrive.
yeah it is awesome. Given how much I love these modules, the ugly aesthetic from the mod is totally worth it (I have a large wireless charging pad).
The charging specs for the adapter seems to match at 5V 1A of the case so I assume that's ok???

I might find another way to do this but with more...elegance. This is a very "yolo" way to do it.

how are you planning to do yours?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back