[FiiO UTWS1] True Wireless Bluetooth Module,Giving your earphones a new voice, MMCX/0.78 2pin
Oct 24, 2020 at 11:37 AM Post #93 of 107
will the new fiio have ANC ? for your own IEM

The short answer is no.

The long answer is that ANC works by using an external mic to listen to external sound (*noise) then generate an identical sound with opposite phase on the transducer in order to cancel the incoming noise - but that can only be precisely done using a transducer with a known FR / sensitivity so the ANC circuit can generate the precise loudness of opposite sound that can precisely cancel the noise - too little then the noise will still leak in, too much then the opposite sound itself will become the noise. Given an BT adapter earhook is meant to use with different IEM, which obviously will have different FR curve and sensitivity, there is simply impossible for an ANC circuit to generate a precise but opposite sound for all the different IEM - in other word, you can only tune the ANC circuit to work for one particular driver setup. That means it will be kinda foolish to implement ANC into a BT earhook adapter but tell your customer that the ANC will only function correctly with one particular model of IEM but not any other.

Oct 24, 2020 at 12:35 PM Post #95 of 107
I think someone mentioned about the possibility of them waiting for 11/11 event to release it. I'm betting not until mid of next month. Though I wish they release additional information or just approximate timeline.

Oct 26, 2020 at 9:53 AM Post #96 of 107
I've ordered the BT20s pro, but looks like I'll have to return it for the UTWS3! Ambient mode and a much smaller case is giving Fiio the edge.

Just hope the release date is pretty soon.
I own 2 old BT20, I skypped the 20s because I have seen only bad reviews, and the old version is perfect without pretenction if you go for a walk;. On the other way BT20s pro is not raccomandable. 1) if you use 2 pin recessed socked you need to do a little bit of bricolage or use an secon shord adapter MMMCX/2 PIN 2) no way to leave your precious CIEM in the case they are really compressed inside 3) noisy 4) my pair was defective and not able to maintain the contact between left and right... asked for refund and I wait something better from Ibasso or Fiio hoping they take into consideration who use 2 PIN 0,78 ... the old BT was good in this too

Oct 31, 2020 at 2:55 PM Post #100 of 107
I talked to the TaoBao rep yesterday, of Fiio's official TaoBao store. They said no information on the release date of UTWS3, and it is unlikely to be released during 11.11. Probably there were some delay with issues, as it would be pretty dumb to not release your new products during the biggest sales event of the year.

Nov 1, 2020 at 2:03 AM Post #101 of 107
I talked to the TaoBao rep yesterday, of Fiio's official TaoBao store. They said no information on the release date of UTWS3, and it is unlikely to be released during 11.11. Probably there were some delay with issues, as it would be pretty dumb to not release your new products during the biggest sales event of the year.

Well, 11.11 is actually already started in China with all the pre-sale promotion. So if it has not been announced yet, the chance is that it won't be in the 11.11. Even if it was in, FiiO has a long standing policy not to admit new product to the 11.11 sale so UTWS3 wouldn't gotten any discount but be sold at MSRP. Next stop is 12.12 sale, lets are if it makes that one or not.

Nov 13, 2020 at 8:14 PM Post #103 of 107
Nov 16, 2020 at 1:33 AM Post #104 of 107
so these still not out, any dates ?
Dear friend,

We could not tell the exact time of releasing the uTWS3 currently. But we will try to release it soon. Stay tuned! :tulip:

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back