FIIO Scroll Wheel
Sep 27, 2015 at 9:07 PM Post #18 of 30
@oldman Yes, you're entitled to your opinion,but it just seems that you are just here to gloat about the wonders of using phones for your listening pleasure. Good for you i am glad that it's floats your boat. But to say that DAPs are a fading fad and floating dead in the water just show your ignorance, as there is new tech coming from numerous companies that are striving to improve on the excellent products that most are already providing. With alittle research you can find that more companies are jumping into the fray, such as Pioneer and Onydko (i know it's spelt wrong, to lazy to correct it). But my point is the DAP industry is alive and well, but this too is just my opinion.

Sep 27, 2015 at 9:28 PM Post #19 of 30
First of all a wheel is a wheel and it goes round and round, it's not a piece of fruit (dripping sarcasm), obviously you did not catch it regarding your "portable" setup, as a large percentage of us like to carry our devices out in public as opposed to living in ones dark corner of a basement. As for the UIs, if they are to complicated for you to figure out, go ahead and stick with your "smart phone",mate

Sep 27, 2015 at 10:36 PM Post #22 of 30
Please guys, there's no need to go at each other's throats over this issue. I voted "could use improvement" myself. But these scroll wheels represent the best that Alps has to offer these days in this form factor. I guess we'd just have to get our rotary encoders from somebody other than Alps next time, or ditch the scroll wheel altogether. :xf_eek:

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Sep 27, 2015 at 11:54 PM Post #23 of 30
Please guys, there's no need to go at each other's throats over this issue. I voted "could use improvement" myself. But these scroll wheels represent the best that Alps has to offer these days in this form factor. I guess we'd just have to get our rotary encoders from somebody other than Alps next time, or ditch the scroll wheel altogether.
redface.gif

You are quite right Joe - have edited my original post and deleted the others.

To @Pewterlocks and the other fella you both keep saying I'm listening to my phone but I'm actually using using it as a digital source. I'm actually listening to the Oppo HA-2 DAC/AMP. Just thought you might want to know that little detail. You obviously have not heard about what people are doing with USB OTG Audio.

Cheers.

Sep 28, 2015 at 12:42 AM Post #24 of 30
You are quite right Joe - have edited my original post and deleted the others.

To @Pewterlocks
 and the other fella you both keep saying I'm listening to my phone but I'm actually using using it as a digital source. I'm actually listening to the Oppo HA-2 DAC/AMP. Just thought you might want to know that little detail. You obviously have not heard about what people are doing with USB OTG Audio.

Cheers.

I have no dog in this fight, but you can do the same thing with the X3ii, as I'm sure you know. It seems like a lot of arguing for something incredibly redundant to me.

Sep 28, 2015 at 1:09 AM Post #25 of 30
I have no dog in this fight, but you can do the same thing with the X3ii, as I'm sure you know. It seems like a lot of arguing for something incredibly redundant to me.

No you cannot. Unless of course you are referring to coaxial digital out into a DAC/AMP that has coaxial digital in. I'm using USB Audio. It's an Android feature.

I don't find the user interface I now have redundant at all. Nor could the sound be called redundant. In terms of it's a stack and not exactly portable then ok yeah. However it's not a portable rig and was never put together to be one. It does make the Fiio X1,3 & 5 look pretty dodgy in comparison to Android 4.2. and in the case of album art and the X3 well......

I have the original X3 and love it. Would not swap it for an X5 or X5II.

You are right re the arguing. Waste of time and each to his own.

Did you vote??

Sep 28, 2015 at 1:27 AM Post #26 of 30
The X3 can be used as a USB DAC as well, but can't be instructed to not draw power from the smartphone (unlike say our E17K)

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Sep 28, 2015 at 1:40 AM Post #27 of 30
No you cannot. Unless of course you are referring to coaxial digital out into a DAC/AMP that has coaxial digital in. I'm using USB Audio. It's an Android feature.

I don't find the user interface I now have redundant at all. Nor could the sound be called redundant. In terms of it's a stack and not exactly portable then ok yeah. However it's not a portable rig and was never put together to be one. It does make the Fiio X1,3 & 5 look pretty dodgy in comparison to Android 4.2. and in the case of album art and the X3 well......

You are right re the arguing. Waste of time and each to his own.

Did you vote??

See above, it has USB DAC capabilities.

I didn't vote because I don't have one, but I'm looking for a DAP and this fits the bill nicely. Since I can choose to utilize this with USB OTG as well as having a stand alone DAP makes it a no brainer to me, for the price. It seems like the general consensus is the wheel can be improved but its not a deal breaker.

For the record, I didn't say your preferences are redundant. I said its fairly redundant since the X3ii can also function in that manner.

USB OTG is cool but having it as my only option didn't fit the bill for me.

Sep 28, 2015 at 1:46 AM Post #29 of 30
See above, it has USB DAC capabilities.

I didn't vote because I don't have one, but I'm looking for a DAP and this fits the bill nicely. The fact that if I choose to utilize USB OTG I can as well makes it a no brainer to me, for the price. It seems like the general consensus is the wheel can be improved but its not a deal breaker.

For the record, I didn't say your preferences are redundant. I said its fairly redundant since the X3ii can also function in that manner.

USB OTG is cool but having it as my only option didn't fit the bill for me.

For Christ's Sake I know the X3 has USB DAC Capabilities. I friggin own one and again the X3 cannot be used in the manner I'm speaking of because it's not friggin Android ok. I cannot use my Galaxy S3 with the FIIO X3. Even if you could you would be effectively plugging a dap into a dap and yeah that makes sense. Bloody Hell!!

Screw this.

Sep 28, 2015 at 1:56 AM Post #30 of 30
For Christ's Sake I know the X3 has USB DAC Capabilities. I friggin own one and again the X3 cannot be used in the manner I'm speaking of because it's not friggin Android ok. Bloody Hell!!

Screw this.

Um... Its just the internet... FYI.

I was under the impression it would, but I did some googling and it seems like maybe it just pulls the folders? No biggie for me, but I understand that you are concerned with UI and your point regarding that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back