FiiO Releases the X7 Standard Edition (Without Amp Module)
May 24, 2016 at 2:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 50

FiiO

Sponsor: FiiO

Dear respected customers,

By the time when we release the X7 by last September, we had almost confirmed that we will release 4 kinds of headphone amp modules with different release date of each. Based on the market needs, we can’t wait till all the amp modules get ready to sell the X7. Therefore, we firstly released the X7 bundling with the IEM module AM1.

With the release of AM2, AM5 and AM0 and the feedbacks of end users, we now release the X7 standard edition (without amp module) offering the choice for the users to choose the most favorite amp modules to match the X7.

Therefore, in the transient period, the following two editions of X7 will be on the market at the same time:
1.  X7 bundling with the IEM module AM1: It will be available until the stocks run out. And the AM1 will available for order soon with the other amp modules.
2.  X7 Body Only (Without amp module): Please kindly note that the X7 Standard Edition is without any amp module, only with one protective stopper at the bottom, which means it can’t be used for listening music nor charging. So before buying it, please kindly choose an extra amp module you like most to bundle with the X7 body. 

We will arrange the delivery for X7 Body Only (Without amp module) to our worldwide sales agents in the following days, so please kindly check with your local dealers at Where to Buy for its availability by the beginning of June. 

Best Regards,

FiiO Electronics Technology Co.,Ltd. 

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
May 25, 2016 at 12:01 PM Post #4 of 50
You should require a amp purchase along with the non-amp version. I mean, what's the point of just selling the non-amp version if you can't even charge it or play music out of it? Seems silly to me and a waste of time and resources for the company. 

No, just give people an option of what amp they want at checkout to go along with the X7. I just fail to see why any other way makes sense...whose idea was this???

May 25, 2016 at 12:21 PM Post #5 of 50
  You should require a amp purchase along with the non-amp version. I mean, what's the point of just selling the non-amp version if you can't even charge it or play music out of it? Seems silly to me and a waste of time and resources for the company. 

No, just give people an option of what amp they want at checkout to go along with the X7. I just fail to see why any other way makes sense...whose idea was this???

I kinda agree but then again if you are in the market for a higher end player like this then you should know what you are getting, what you want in terms of an amp.  

Though I guess it would be a shock to get it home and not be able to play or charge it.......Ya, I think you are right, this is silly.

May 25, 2016 at 12:32 PM Post #6 of 50
Thanks Fiio.
I've already bought.Am1 and Am5.
better AM5. AM1 very weak.
AM1 battery life 9 hours.
Am5 battery life 6,5 hours.
9bfbfe527056fb69602922a39bd6fd82.jpg

E5553 cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi

May 25, 2016 at 6:11 PM Post #7 of 50
This is confusing. So an X7 with no amp module = $500 paper weight? I understand people want other modules but I would think everyone will take the base IEM module. Why not just discount the current X7? Now if the X7 minus amp module could still charge and also work as a transport to an external amp/DAC that would make sense.

May 25, 2016 at 11:08 PM Post #9 of 50
They do have the passthrough amp module, though I must say I was excited when i saw the size of this do use as transport.

It is nice however that the amp modules will be discounted, allowing you to buy the blank and an amp for a lower rate.  Just a bit of double handling.  Strange decision by Fiio but really doesn't get me all riled up hehe.

May 26, 2016 at 12:48 AM Post #11 of 50
  The base unit, no amp, is $500.00 plus the amp of your choice is $50 so the package is $550. or $100 less than the original $649. Sounds good to me.

Sure, but if Fiio were to discount the current X7 the comes bundled with the IEM module for $550, I think most folks would just buy that pay another $50 for an extra module of their choice. It seems unnecessarily complicated to offer a no amp X7 that is completely useless on its' own. I'm no marketing expert, but this confuses the heck out of me.

May 26, 2016 at 1:22 AM Post #12 of 50
Pricing aside, FiiO's decision to sell the X7 ampless body makes perfect sense to me. The only reason why so many of you are struggling to accept this is because you cannot imagine a scenario where people don't want the IEM module. There are people who don't use earphones or IEMs and strictly prefer headphones, and there are also people who prefer the balanced module only (like me).

However, I will say that the FiiO website is not that good at describing the differences which will confuse many newcomers who are not familiar with the X7.

May 26, 2016 at 5:35 AM Post #13 of 50
  Pricing aside, FiiO's decision to sell the X7 ampless body makes perfect sense to me. The only reason why so many of you are struggling to accept this is because you cannot imagine a scenario where people don't want the IEM module. There are people who don't use earphones or IEMs and strictly prefer headphones, and there are also people who prefer the balanced module only (like me).

However, I will say that the FiiO website is not that good at describing the differences which will confuse many newcomers who are not familiar with the X7.

agree

May 26, 2016 at 6:57 AM Post #14 of 50
Since the player is worthless by itself, just sell different versions of the player with the various amps and then also sell the amps separately so that people can switch them out. This seems like such an obvious solution to me and assures that nobody ends up with a player that's essentially a paper weight. I'm sure most people will figure things out and end up buying an amp module, but there's no reason they should have to figure it out when the solution to avoid any potential confusion is so obvious.

TBH I lose a bit of confidence in a company when something like this occurs where there's a solution that's so obvious, are they ignoring and trying to play some trick on their consumers or are they just not seeing it? Either answer doesn't sit well with me. I'm not upset as I don't really care enough about this particular product in the first place, but I do find the whole thing silly.

May 26, 2016 at 11:35 AM Post #15 of 50

This would greatly streamline the process. It would also be much less confusing for the customer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back