FiiO releases the new firmware FW1.7.2 for X1 2nd gen
Jun 25, 2018 at 4:38 AM Post #181 of 193
@FiiO
Found a bug in latest firmware - headphone balance is not working while in bluetooth mode - it simply doesn't react to balance changes. Also performance is still rather slow.
Dear friend,

We are confirming the issue with the engineer about that. Will return to you after receiving the feedback from them.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Jul 19, 2018 at 7:16 AM Post #183 of 193
No new update? I hope you improve some themes like the RED one. It looked like a pale red color. Also is a true gapless impossible to do with this device?

I've only had one of these for a couple of weeks but is there an issue with 1.7.2's gapless support? 1.6.6 handles it just fine with lossless files, can't comment on MP3 support because I just have FLAC on my device at the moment :)

Jul 20, 2018 at 4:14 AM Post #184 of 193
I've only had one of these for a couple of weeks but is there an issue with 1.7.2's gapless support? 1.6.6 handles it just fine with lossless files, can't comment on MP3 support because I just have FLAC on my device at the moment :)

Well, sometimes I think it doesn't work well. There are still 3-4secs gap before my music plays. If you don't experience any problem, maybe I should check my sd card. It's a freakin old sandisk or maybe I should re-install 1.7.2.

Aug 23, 2018 at 8:02 AM Post #185 of 193
Ok every time I plug my X1 ii in to charge it winds up freezing when I turn it back on. I have to pull the SD card and reinsert then rescan to get it work. Anyone else having this problem?

I did, I have since discovered that charging my X1 without using my computer solved almost all the problems I was having. I never connect the X1 directly to the computer for any reason. I use a card reader for FW upgrades and music transfer. I charge using a old cell phone usb cable with the transformer 5vdc.

Aug 23, 2018 at 8:09 AM Post #186 of 193
Well, sometimes I think it doesn't work well. There are still 3-4secs gap before my music plays. If you don't experience any problem, maybe I should check my sd card. It's a freakin old sandisk or maybe I should re-install 1.7.2.

Not sure if you have tried this, but it worked for me with Pink Floyd music.

Under Play settings....Playback gap....set to gapless. The default seems to be none, and you would think that would be the correct setting, IDK, but changing it helped my experience

Last edited:
Aug 23, 2018 at 8:28 AM Post #187 of 193
Not sure if you have tried this, but it worked for me with Pink Floyd music.

Under Play settings....Playback gap....set to gapless. The default seems to be none, and you would think that would be the correct setting, IDK, but changing it helped my experience

Well, its working now. After doing a factory reset, I forgot to turn it back. Hahaha.

Sep 1, 2018 at 12:17 PM Post #188 of 193
Hi,

Just bought this from advancedmp3players.com which was shipped with Firmware version 1.6.8

Please confirm that firmware version 1.7.2 fixes the following issues :-

- When browsing folders which contain .m3u external playlist files, I get the well known black-screen/white numbers crash which requires a player reboot. This does not happen if the player has just been started up & not playing any music.
- I've had to turn Resume Mode to OFF so that it starts in the Home Menu; otherwise everytime the player is starts up, the music is playing the same album which was not selected beforehand; if the Resume Mode Setting is set to "Song"; this leads to the back button causing black-screen/white numbers crash.
- Filename Browser option is set to "Title" to prevent the well known black-screen/white numbers crash when browsing folders which contain .m3u external playlist files.

FYI - I'm currently using a Sandisk 128gb SDHC Class 10 card.

These are the issues I know about from personal experience after 24 hours with the player; I'm using workarounds however it shows that this is not yet a finished product which is a pity because car bluetooth sounds excellent & crystal clear.

So it is worth upgrading to 1.7.2 or is 1.6.8 deemed far more stable?

Thanks,

Mark

Sep 1, 2018 at 7:53 PM Post #189 of 193
Hi,

Just bought this from advancedmp3players.com which was shipped with Firmware version 1.6.8

Please confirm that firmware version 1.7.2 fixes the following issues :-

- When browsing folders which contain .m3u external playlist files, I get the well known black-screen/white numbers crash which requires a player reboot. This does not happen if the player has just been started up & not playing any music.
- I've had to turn Resume Mode to OFF so that it starts in the Home Menu; otherwise everytime the player is starts up, the music is playing the same album which was not selected beforehand; if the Resume Mode Setting is set to "Song"; this leads to the back button causing black-screen/white numbers crash.
- Filename Browser option is set to "Title" to prevent the well known black-screen/white numbers crash when browsing folders which contain .m3u external playlist files.

FYI - I'm currently using a Sandisk 128gb SDHC Class 10 card.

These are the issues I know about from personal experience after 24 hours with the player; I'm using workarounds however it shows that this is not yet a finished product which is a pity because car bluetooth sounds excellent & crystal clear.

So it is worth upgrading to 1.7.2 or is 1.6.8 deemed far more stable?

Thanks,

Mark

I don't use playlist but other bugs you have mentioned with 1.6.8, I haven't experience with firmware 1.7.2 so I suggest you upgrade it.

Feb 8, 2019 at 3:35 PM Post #190 of 193
Hi. I own the Fiio X1 2nd gen. I've upgraded the firmware repeatedly and over & over I get the 'black screen' (which makes it useless -money down the drain !!). Is there somewhere besides Fiio where I can get the firmware upgrade? I've tried to go into the Fiio site many times now & I get this error message:

Discuz! Database Error
(1040) notconnect
PHP Debug

No. File Line Code
1 forum.php 49 discuz_application->init()
2 source/class/discuz/discuz_application.php 65 discuz_application->_init_db()
3 source/class/discuz/discuz_application.php 373 discuz_database::init(%s, Array)
4 source/class/discuz/discuz_database.php 23 db_driver_mysql->connect()
5 source/class/db/db_driver_mysql.php 74 db_driver_mysql->_dbconnect(%s, %s, %s, %s, %s, %s)
6 source/class/db/db_driver_mysql.php 87 db_driver_mysql->halt(%s, %d)
7 source/class/db/db_driver_mysql.php 218 break()
www.fiio.me Detailed information about this error has been recorded﹐ which brings you access to our great regret the inconvenience. Need Help?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back