FiiO Releases EX1 Aerospace Nanotech Titanium Diaphragm IEMs
Aug 5, 2015 at 9:55 PM Post #31 of 94
Guys

This is Fiio's announcement in their part of the Sponsor forum.  It shouldn't be going OT into a discussion concentrating on the S2 (which aside from looks doesn't seem to be remotely similar).

Aug 6, 2015 at 3:04 AM Post #32 of 94

I got a quick audition today. The EX1 sound signature very different from the Philips S2:

- S2: very flat bass, accuracy, clarity, slight sibilance. Some good headphones with similar sound signature without the sibilance are Noble Savant, Audio Technica ATH-M70x

- EX1: has good bass. I'll do A/B with other similar signature such as JVC FX 850, Sony XBA-H3, Audio Technica CRK 10

I brought FX 850 and H3 to the shop today for A/B comparison. Surprisingly, a shop's customer with Noble K10 (universal version) show up so I had a change audition the K10

Gear to use: Fiio X5, high gain
Method: various flac songs, compare at specific passage

- K10 (stock cable, volume 40): very balance and clean. I do have the Noble Savant, which has a flat bass, IMO, the K10 = Savant + bass impact feel
etysmile.gif

- JVC FX 850 (Furutech mmcx cable, volume 40): after audition the K10, FX 850 bass become bloated to my ears
frown.gif
 . I don't bother do more test
- XBA-H3 (Fiio silver mmcx calbe, volume 55): quite close to the K10, clarity a little bit behind K10 (IMO about 90%)
- EX1 (stock calbe, volume 55): the clarity and bass on par with H3, only slight recess mid compare to H3

Aug 7, 2015 at 10:15 AM Post #33 of 94
Hi

Looks v interesting. I am using GR10's with X3ii and E12. I was really wanting to get a pair of Titans or 2 for general use and now you're releasing a similar (but better of course :)) product. I would like to know if the EX1's will be on general sale in Switzerland and when, realistically, you expect to get stocks in place here?

Thanks!

Aug 7, 2015 at 3:32 PM Post #34 of 94

Looks v interesting. I am using GR10's with X3ii and E12. I was really wanting to get a pair of Titans or 2 for general use and now you're releasing a similar (but better of course :)) product. I would like to know if the EX1's will be on general sale in Switzerland and when, realistically, you expect to get stocks in place here?

Maybe the guys and girl here could help you as well.

Aug 19, 2015 at 2:40 PM Post #38 of 94
hey guys

I received mine yesterday it comes in a simple packing ...it comes with that nice box but no adapter jack ..But there are loads of tips included

I have had a good listen the treble is hot damn!!! but it sounds very good detailed very very good soundstage and the bass is very good....I dont know if i am going to keep these the treble is quite uncomfortable to my ears..

I might put them up for sale here or return them ..Anyone wants them?

Aug 19, 2015 at 5:55 PM Post #39 of 94
Is FIIO going to have any kind of evaluation unit going around for reviews.

The comment about the treble has me a bit wary.  I had tested a "v shared" IEM recently,and that did not float my boat. 

But Brooko has good taste in IEMs, and he did not mention harsh treble as an issue.

Aug 19, 2015 at 6:33 PM Post #40 of 94
Depends on whether you are sensitive to it or not.

If you are sensitive - and like a far warmer IEM, you may find the EX1 too much.  If you're not overly sensitive, then these may be come of the best bang for buck earphones you've ever tried.  I love them.  Sonic diamonds for my tastes.

Aug 19, 2015 at 8:44 PM Post #41 of 94
  I received mine yesterday it comes in a simple packing ...it comes with that nice box but no adapter jack ..But there are loads of tips included

I have had a good listen the treble is hot damn!!! but it sounds very good detailed very very good soundstage and the bass is very good....I dont know if i am going to keep these the treble is quite uncomfortable to my ears..

I might put them up for sale here or return them ..Anyone wants them?

Or tame the treble down a bit.

Aug 20, 2015 at 8:06 AM Post #43 of 94
Maybe taming the treble down a little bit will help to make them fantastic and bearable.

Aug 20, 2015 at 9:00 AM Post #45 of 94
So equalizing didn't help?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back