FiiO RC-BT Bluetooth Cable with MMCX Connectors
Jun 26, 2018 at 12:53 PM Post #61 of 97
My connection cuts out if I wear them behind my neck and have my phone my left pocket. This is a bit disappointing. My $8 bt mmcx cables didn't have this problem.

That being said, I just wear them in front and it's fine and they sound much better.
Same here, i could returned but the shipping cost isnt covered by fiio (bought in aliexpress) so i kept them. at least i use them in the gym. I even have thoughts in selling them but anyone would reclaim this defect to me =(
Its just a sad and poor designed cable from @FiiO

Jun 30, 2018 at 6:19 AM Post #62 of 97
Does this have audible white noise in the background? What IEMs are you using them with and what is their sensitivity?

Jun 30, 2018 at 6:25 AM Post #63 of 97
Does this have audible white noise in the background? What IEMs are you using them with and what is their sensitivity?
No audible white noise in the background for me at all.
Very decent audio quality (using an iPhone 6s, therefore AAC) and good bluetooth connection, as long as I put them in front of and not behind my neck.
Using SE535 IEMs.

Jun 30, 2018 at 6:27 AM Post #64 of 97
What about when a song is playing but the audio is silent, like at the end of a song? Can you hear any noise then? My Sony MUC-M2BT1 does not have white noise while it's switched on, but it does have audible noise in the right channel alone when the audio playing is silent.

Last edited:
Jun 30, 2018 at 6:33 AM Post #65 of 97
What about when a song is playing but the audio is silent, like at the end of a song? Can you hear any noise then? My Sony MUC-M2BT1 does not have white noise while it's switched on, but it does have audible noise in the right channel alone when the audio playing is silent.
Just tried a song that has 30 seconds of silence at the end and I could not hear any white noise while playing it.
No difference pausing/playing the audio while playing the silent section either.

Jun 30, 2018 at 6:36 AM Post #66 of 97
Do you consider the separated RC-BT and iPhone volume controls an advantage or disadvantage? Does the RC-BT always remember its last volume setting? Can you leave it on maximum volume permanently between uses and use just the iPhone's volume control?

Jul 2, 2018 at 6:08 AM Post #68 of 97
I pretty much always adjust with the iPhone. I actually think that a unified control is simpler.
Dear friend,

For the first batch of the RC-BT, the volume control is unified. However, when using the headphone with high sensitivity, some users mentioned that the last volume has lower volume while the next one is too loud. So we change the design to separated volume control in later batch.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Jul 2, 2018 at 10:35 PM Post #69 of 97
I have the RC-BT cable paired with f9pro for a few months now. it is my daily driver for commutes and during work.
Although I love the convenience of it, the sound quality leaves so much to be desired.
Qualcomm has announced the QCC5100 series bt chip with aptxHD and bt 5.0.
Will you release an upgraded cable with that chip anytime soon Fiio?
If possible with more robust construction and sweat proof for working out.
I dont mind paying a premium for it if it means i get better quality audio.

Jul 3, 2018 at 3:52 AM Post #70 of 97
Do you consider the separated RC-BT and iPhone volume controls an advantage or disadvantage? Does the RC-BT always remember its last volume setting? Can you leave it on maximum volume permanently between uses and use just the iPhone's volume control?
I have a Shure BT-1 which has unified volume controls and the volume is way too high with my Shure SE535. Only the 2 lowest volume settings are usable, which is not much!
So I really prefer separate iPhone/RC-BT volume controls.
The RC-BT remembers the volume level, as the iPhone also does for each output device.

I miss the Siri and next/previous track controls though, but it's not a deal breaker for me.

Jul 3, 2018 at 4:00 AM Post #71 of 97
I have the RC-BT cable paired with f9pro for a few months now. it is my daily driver for commutes and during work.
Although I love the convenience of it, the sound quality leaves so much to be desired.
I dont mind paying a premium for it if it means i get better quality audio.
I suppose you're using the RC-BT with an Android phone (or at least a device that is not an iPhone).

With an iPhone (as I have), the RC-BT receives AAC audio, which sounds great to my ears.
It seems most people who have tried them find AAC superior to aptX HD, and vastly superior to aptX for bluetooth audio.
Although AAC does not benefit from Qualcomm marketing pressure.

I have a Shure BT-1 and the RC-BT sounds infinitely better using my iPhone (the BT-1 does not support AAC so probably uses SBC for audio).

So the sound quality with the RC-BT might be significantly better if you use an iPhone (AAC) than an Android phone (aptX).

Jul 3, 2018 at 8:25 AM Post #72 of 97
I suppose you're using the RC-BT with an Android phone (or at least a device that is not an iPhone).

With an iPhone (as I have), the RC-BT receives AAC audio, which sounds great to my ears.
It seems most people who have tried them find AAC superior to aptX HD, and vastly superior to aptX for bluetooth audio.

I have a Shure BT-1 and the RC-BT sounds infinitely better using my iPhone (the BT-1 does not support AAC so probably uses SBC for audio).

So the sound quality with the RC-BT might be significantly better if you use an iPhone (AAC) than an Android phone (aptX).

on paper aptx can play more mbit/s then aac stream but i dont have iphone so i cant compare

Jul 3, 2018 at 9:55 PM Post #73 of 97

Yeah, I am using Pixel 2 XL which have both aptx and aptxHD.
But RC-BT only supports aptx. That is why I requested a bt cable that can support aptxHD.
I dont use iphone or use any apple products so i cant compare with AAC.

My other gripe is that sometimes the connection is weak when i put my phone in my pocket which causes the audio playback to be intermittently cut off.
I have read about the human body blocking the bt signal. is there anyway to mitigate that? maybe put stronger receiver on the next iteration?

I also want to know how much can you push the bt cable further without sacrificing on comfort/weight/siza? maybe add in dedicated dac/amp if possible?

I saw a fb post mentioning the FT series. I am interested in that. any sneak peak on the product?
Although, I still would prefer to use my f9pro with better bt cable if possible and i can also use other iem with mmcx connectors.

Jul 4, 2018 at 1:49 AM Post #74 of 97
My other gripe is that sometimes the connection is weak when i put my phone in my pocket which causes the audio playback to be intermittently cut off.
I have read about the human body blocking the bt signal. is there anyway to mitigate that? maybe put stronger receiver on the next iteration?

Do you wear the cable behind your neck or in front? I find a big difference when I wear it under my chin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back