FiiO RC-BT Bluetooth Cable with MMCX Connectors
Apr 29, 2018 at 3:12 AM Post #20 of 97
Hello Fiio,
Thanks for bringing more ble options. I also would have liked more updated specs compared to the competition. The only stand out on paper here is a 10hr battery. We want the same physical design/package however including the latest chip 5.0 and codecs aptx HD or LDAC. We will pay for it too!

May 2, 2018 at 2:35 PM Post #21 of 97
20180502_095906.jpg Recieved my unit yesterday and am loving it so far. It works great with my Mackie MP-220 IEM's. The connectors are nice and flush so no wiggle movement on them to cause MMCX issues (so far). Will post if this changes at some point.

I get wanting Aptx HD and do hope Fiio releases a new model with that feature and hopefully LDAC but so far APTx is sounding very good to me. I will have to do an actual AB test but right now I think the Rc-bt Mackie combo I am using sounds better than my Sony WI-1000 which uses APTx HD (my phone is the LG V20). I am noticing sonic loss between the Rc-bt and a physical connection but that would happen even with APTx HD or LDAC. For my out and about needs this meets my needs very well.

I am a happy camper! :)

Last edited:
May 3, 2018 at 2:09 PM Post #22 of 97
So had some time today to do a quick AB between my RC-BT MP-220 combo, my WI-1000X, and finally the MP-220 with its manufacturers cable.

I used the song Other Arms by Robert Plant all on my LG V20.

Now before I start I need to explain that the WI-1000X as an IEM has its own signature as compared to the MP-220. So I will avoid discussing specific areas of the Audio spectrum or specific instruments and try to discuss just detail retrieval so we are focusing more on the RC-BT instead of the IEM's.

Detail retrieval between the 2 BT devices was one by a small margin by the WI-1000X as it appeared to be able to portray more details and give a slightly more rich experience.

The difference between the MP-220 on the RC-BT versus physical cable was more stark, a bit more than expected. Where the IEM sounds lively and engaging wired it becomes a bit more sterile through BT. But given the use requirements it is a trade off that I can live with, but wish I didn't have to.

Bottom line, for the price this is a very good BT option for MMCX IEM users. But I would not hesitate to pay more for one that offered HD and LDAC codecs...

May 4, 2018 at 11:43 AM Post #23 of 97
So had some time today to do a quick AB between my RC-BT MP-220 combo, my WI-1000X, and finally the MP-220 with its manufacturers cable.

I used the song Other Arms by Robert Plant all on my LG V20.

Now before I start I need to explain that the WI-1000X as an IEM has its own signature as compared to the MP-220. So I will avoid discussing specific areas of the Audio spectrum or specific instruments and try to discuss just detail retrieval so we are focusing more on the RC-BT instead of the IEM's.

Detail retrieval between the 2 BT devices was one by a small margin by the WI-1000X as it appeared to be able to portray more details and give a slightly more rich experience.

The difference between the MP-220 on the RC-BT versus physical cable was more stark, a bit more than expected. Where the IEM sounds lively and engaging wired it becomes a bit more sterile through BT. But given the use requirements it is a trade off that I can live with, but wish I didn't have to.

Bottom line, for the price this is a very good BT option for MMCX IEM users. But I would not hesitate to pay more for one that offered HD and LDAC codecs...

Thanks for the review, could you confirm if the cable goes around the back of your neck or the front?

Is the cable heavy, will it pull on the earphones (I didn't like the cable with the Mic that came with the F5 for this reason).

Thanks

May 4, 2018 at 11:47 AM Post #24 of 97
The cable can go around the back or the front, which ever way you prefer. It is super light and very comfortable.

May 8, 2018 at 8:47 AM Post #27 of 97
Thanks for confirming, undecided whether to wait for the BTR3 or go for this product.
after a couple more days I would suggest waiting. The Rc-bt is good but quirky. I find I occasionally don't get connected when I turn it on, have noticed more dropouts when walking around, and my wife finds my voice distant and muffled when talking to her using it. This combined with the drop in audio quality has me using the audio cable again.

May 8, 2018 at 11:22 PM Post #28 of 97
after a couple more days I would suggest waiting. The Rc-bt is good but quirky. I find I occasionally don't get connected when I turn it on, have noticed more dropouts when walking around, and my wife finds my voice distant and muffled when talking to her using it. This combined with the drop in audio quality has me using the audio cable again.
Dear friend,

When working around? Maybe can you check whether it may be an issue becasue of the MMCX connection. Sorry for bringing inconvenience to you.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
May 9, 2018 at 2:15 AM Post #29 of 97
Thanks for the suggestion. I am familiar with MMCX issues and how they sound. I have had 1 instance of that but the rest are bluetooth related as one happens when I turn the cable on and the other happens when walking around and has happened with other BT solutions I have owned just more frequently with the RC-BT.

May 9, 2018 at 1:35 PM Post #30 of 97
@FiiO I was looking that the aliexpress page linked from your home page
http://fiio.net/en/products/88
https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pr...477.html?spm=2114.12010608.0.0.1e24e728MRtWc0

Two issues:
1. Is says unavailable -- is it coming back?
2. Is the warning at the top correct? Does it not work with iPhones and iPads? Is this a special edition?

{quote}
Purchase Note: Please kindly note that this edition RC-BT is NOT compatible with iPhone, iPad, Google nexus series, Smartisan Pro 2 and ZUK Z2. If your device is not included in the list, please be assured to purchase.
{quote}

Users who are viewing this thread

Back