[FiiO Q5s Type C ‖ Q5s] Bluetooth DSD-capable Amplifier,AK4493x2,768k/32bit
Aug 2, 2019 at 7:05 PM Post #826 of 3,226
Lets talk about stacking the q5s. I thought of different possibilities. To get a cheap phone bumper. And use magnets or some velcro. it is an act to pull the bands over.

Aug 2, 2019 at 9:04 PM Post #828 of 3,226
Lets talk about stacking the q5s. I thought of different possibilities. To get a cheap phone bumper. And use magnets or some velcro. it is an act to pull the bands over.

Why not just get the FiiO case DD C-Q5?
CA46080C-17C5-467C-8D10-9E896BBCB612.jpeg 5943DE93-BFCB-47C0-8E28-CB0B35A6BD6B.jpeg

Aug 2, 2019 at 9:25 PM Post #829 of 3,226
My Q5S and AM3D shipped. I have to build 4.4mm cables for Focal Clear and Hifiman HE1000V2 before they are here. (-:

Aug 2, 2019 at 9:31 PM Post #831 of 3,226
Wich otg cable is the right one, one that won't empty my phones accu ?
I could be wrong, but I thought that regardless of what cable you used, the Q5s architecture was supposed to prevent back-charging. I am not positive, but currently that is my belief.

Aug 2, 2019 at 9:32 PM Post #832 of 3,226
Bluetack. The answer to that question is always Bluetack (and to a lot of things in life =P)

If you don't know, you can probably find in the UK Amazon :)
Hmmm ok but i will pull my phone maybe 3-4 times a day out how long will this work. And what happens when it gets dirty let's say in my pocket

Aug 2, 2019 at 9:35 PM Post #833 of 3,226
I could be wrong, but I thought that regardless of what cable you used, the Q5s architecture was supposed to prevent back-charging. I am not positive, but currently that is my belief.
Yes it has a option but for real screw this app when you open it music stops sometimes you have to re start the amp. I miss the es 100 app so much. It's like my pet died. Hope fiio will work on it

Aug 2, 2019 at 9:36 PM Post #834 of 3,226
Bluetack. The answer to that question is always Bluetack (and to a lot of things in life =P)

If you don't know, you can probably find in the UK Amazon :)
I have used a white version of Bluetack to create isolation feet that also angled my desktop monitors (Polk S15s) to be up-firing slightly (maybe 5-10 degrees). I also used it because it allowed me to put a sheet of wax paper cut and placed perfectly to size beneath each speaker, but basically invisible, and the Bluetack was between the cabinet and wax paper so that I could glide my speakers about the very big desk surface like they were floating on air. Really convenient believe me. Gotta love the Bluetack.

Aug 2, 2019 at 9:40 PM Post #835 of 3,226
Yes it has a option but for real screw this app when you open it music stops sometimes you have to re start the amp. I miss the es 100 app so much. It's like my pet died. Hope fiio will work on it
I haven't needed to use the app yet, things are just left at factory default and I am experiencing nothing but full functionality and wonderful sound so far. I have used Bluetooth from my G7 and USB via JRiver Media Center with both my oldschool Beosound 2000 and so far the Edition X V2 and Pioneer SE Monitor-5. I am away from home so I don't have the Klipsch HP-3 to test, but given how well driven the HEX2 and SEM5 are, I have no doubt the Klipsch will sing. And this is all with the stock module, I haven't as of yet swapped in the AM3D. I want to get to know the stock signature first. So far loving it.

Aug 2, 2019 at 9:59 PM Post #837 of 3,226
I never owned any Fiio gear, but I do believe the Q5s could easily slot into my lineup. I have a decent mix of ear gear and some could benefit from a hw bass boost
The hw bass bass boost is nice but the q5s has in stock settings also very tight deep and impact full bass compared to es 100,sxfi amp and my phone

Aug 2, 2019 at 10:10 PM Post #838 of 3,226
It does not back-charge the devices it connects through USB. And most importantly it does not drain juice from the device it attracts audio data.

Last edited:
Aug 2, 2019 at 10:24 PM Post #839 of 3,226
Hmmm ok but i will pull my phone maybe 3-4 times a day out how long will this work. And what happens when it gets dirty let's say in my pocket
I've been using the same Bluetack for almost three years... To stack my FiiO Q1 mkii, glue things in the wall or on my desk. If these things have expiration date I'm yet to find out =O

:)

Aug 2, 2019 at 10:36 PM Post #840 of 3,226
I've been using the same Bluetack for almost three years... To stack my FiiO Q1 mkii, glue things in the wall or on my desk. If these things have expiration date I'm yet to find out =O

:)
I will try they are cheap we also got here German counter parts. They are from localy very well known companys called, Tesa and Uhu

Users who are viewing this thread

Back