[FiiO Q5s Type C ‖ Q5s] Bluetooth DSD-capable Amplifier,AK4493x2,768k/32bit
May 17, 2019 at 5:33 AM Post #122 of 3,226
Will any store in Paris or Lisbon have it by june?
We will complete production in late June and sell it at AliExpress, Amazon. However, the retailer’s sales time may be later. After all, transportation, customs declaration, warehousing and other procedures take time.

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
May 18, 2019 at 3:36 PM Post #126 of 3,226
June? Oh man, that sucks. Not only am I impatient by nature, but I'm afraid my Q1 won't live until then. I mean, I hope it does, but it's acting iffy lately.

I sincerely hope that that June info is either wrong or just part of the truth and that the supplier here will get it early June as stated. If not, damn...

May 19, 2019 at 5:52 AM Post #127 of 3,226
June? Oh man, that sucks. Not only am I impatient by nature, but I'm afraid my Q1 won't live until then. I mean, I hope it does, but it's acting iffy lately.

I sincerely hope that that June info is either wrong or just part of the truth and that the supplier here will get it early June as stated. If not, damn...

lol I'm in the same boat, Have been debating on picking up the OG Q5 till then but settled on a THX Portable but will keep it as a house Dac/Amp once the Q5s comes out.

May 21, 2019 at 4:33 PM Post #129 of 3,226
sorry but I’m a newbie in this hi-fi world and I just read and compare features all the time to build my own nice setup soon...

What does the Q5s have that the M11 does not?

Thanks in advance!!
You can replace the amp section, and you are not dealing with a device with a screen. The weak point of DAPs is that they are like crappy phones. The Q5s doesn’t have all the shortcomings of android devices, which is good for people that already has a smartphone.

May 21, 2019 at 11:55 PM Post #130 of 3,226
sorry but I’m a newbie in this hi-fi world and I just read and compare features all the time to build my own nice setup soon...

What does the Q5s have that the M11 does not?

Thanks in advance!!
The M11 is a DAP (digital audio player) and the Q5s is a DAC (digital to analog converter) & amplifier. The main difference is that the M11 is a standalone device with ITA owb IS and UI while the Q5s requires pairing to another source.

May 22, 2019 at 1:16 AM Post #131 of 3,226
The M11 is a DAP (digital audio player) and the Q5s is a DAC (digital to analog converter) & amplifier. The main difference is that the M11 is a standalone device with ITA owb IS and UI while the Q5s requires pairing to another source.

Yep I know, but in case you have neither a DAP nor a DAC, as me, you can save money by getting the M11 directly, am I right?
You have a built-in dac when at home and a dap on the go...

May 22, 2019 at 2:22 AM Post #132 of 3,226
You can replace the amp section, and you are not dealing with a device with a screen. The weak point of DAPs is that they are like crappy phones. The Q5s doesn’t have all the shortcomings of android devices, which is good for people that already has a smartphone.

I agree that the experience is not the smoothest but M11 looks like a beast...
what is the advantage of replacing the amp, besides the connections?
would you recommend the q5s only, the q5s + a dap with ldac (one of my headphones have ldac) or the m11 only? the source will be Tidal in a mac, mainly...

May 22, 2019 at 2:23 AM Post #133 of 3,226
Hi. I've lost the cable to connect my iPod touch to a q5. Does anybody know where I can get another?

May 22, 2019 at 2:52 AM Post #134 of 3,226
I agree that the experience is not the smoothest but M11 looks like a beast...
what is the advantage of replacing the amp, besides the connections?
would you recommend the q5s only, the q5s + a dap with ldac (one of my headphones have ldac) or the m11 only? the source will be Tidal in a mac, mainly...

I'm going with Q5S + M5 for offline playback.

For your instance Q5S + Mac will be ideal for Tidal... Atleast my vote goes there.

Also there is Topping DX3 Pro (I don't own any) with similar internal out there which is ideal for desktop usage with half of the price of Q5s.... But minus portability and balance port.

Last edited:
May 22, 2019 at 3:12 AM Post #135 of 3,226
Yep I know, but in case you have neither a DAP nor a DAC, as me, you can save money by getting the M11 directly, am I right?
You have a built-in dac when at home and a dap on the go...
The Q5s is cheaper and can also be used as a DAC.

My personal digital music library was destroyed a while ago. At that point I started using Spotify; but as my equipment upgraded as streamingdid my streaming service to Tidal. In this instance I've always needed an Android device to utilize these apps rather than have a digital audio player play my personal files. In my use case I'm always after the best Android device to run these apps which I found is always a smartphone. After some Fiio X DAPs and a Hiby R6 I switched to a Q5 after CanJam. It's been the best thus far with my Sony XZ2 phone and the Q5s will hopefully have LDAC and it has the ability to utilize the THX AAA 78 AMP. That's my deciding factor between the two

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back