[FiiO Q5s Type C ‖ Q5s] Bluetooth DSD-capable Amplifier,AK4493x2,768k/32bit
May 10, 2019 at 9:20 AM Post #91 of 3,226
Hey everyone

The Q5s has a line out, right? If so, how would it fare as just a DAC for a desktop amp?

May 10, 2019 at 6:48 PM Post #93 of 3,226
The original Q5 was plenty good, so if Q5s is anything like the original Q5, it should also be pretty nifty :)
Sweet! Thanks bud!

See, for me, the only downside of the Q5 and by extension, the Q5s, is that they're pricey. Sure, they may be worth every penny (more so if you're in the US and don't have to buy them at 440€ like we do in Europe), but that doesn't change the fact that they cost quite a bit. So, considering that I might want to get something more powerful for my PC later, like a Massdrop THX AAA 789, I'd be thrilled if I didn't also have to buy a DAC right out of the gate. The dual AKM4493s in the Q5s should be way more than servicable. Too bad the line out isn't balanced, that would've been killer. Oh well.

May 10, 2019 at 6:53 PM Post #94 of 3,226
Sweet! Thanks bud!

See, for me, the only downside of the Q5 and by extension, the Q5s, is that they're pricey. Sure, they may be worth every penny (more so if you're in the US and don't have to buy them at 440€ like we do in Europe), but that doesn't change the fact that they cost quite a bit. So, considering that I might want to get something more powerful for my PC later, like a Massdrop THX AAA 789, I'd be thrilled if I didn't also have to buy a DAC right out of the gate. The dual AKM4493s in the Q5s should be way more than servicable. Too bad the line out isn't balanced, that would've been killer. Oh well.

If you need a portable that's also great as a desktop unit, Q5 is a killer deal :)

You can also consider Mojo or xDSD tho

Also, if you don't need portables, Burson Play is about 200 USD new

The magic of Q5 is that it has really good feedback, like most people are very happy, it lived and aged really nicely, units around the world are healthy, and it is still really easy to recommend and use

May 10, 2019 at 7:00 PM Post #95 of 3,226
If you need a portable that's also great as a desktop unit, Q5 is a killer deal :)

You can also consider Mojo or xDSD tho

Also, if you don't need portables, Burson Play is about 200 USD new

The magic of Q5 is that it has really good feedback, like most people are very happy, it lived and aged really nicely, units around the world are healthy, and it is still really easy to recommend and use
Well, the Mojo is even pricier and iFi stuff is great, but again, very expensive over here and aren't as nicely portable as the Q5. Really, the Q5 and Q5s tick all the boxes for me. I know it's going to serve great as a desktop DAC/amp and that's how I'm gonna use it 50% of the time, but I also want something to take with me that also has enough power. But the uses I have for the Q5s don't end there. Bluetooth from my phone to the Q5s -> line out to my speakers, easy awesomeness without wires. Fiber optic from my TV -> Q5s -> speakers, great for movie watching with a great DAC between everything. Also, having my phone free of dangling wires when walking/traveling with my headphones would be a godsent. Finally, having aptX LL will let me watch movies on the bus/plane without annoying latency or annoying wires. AND I can charge it and my phone at the same time. I mean, is there anything this thing doesn't do right?

May 10, 2019 at 7:29 PM Post #96 of 3,226
How much output power it has ?

May 10, 2019 at 7:31 PM Post #97 of 3,226
May 10, 2019 at 7:34 PM Post #98 of 3,226
Well, the Mojo is even pricier and iFi stuff is great, but again, very expensive over here and aren't as nicely portable as the Q5. Really, the Q5 and Q5s tick all the boxes for me. I know it's going to serve great as a desktop DAC/amp and that's how I'm gonna use it 50% of the time, but I also want something to take with me that also has enough power. But the uses I have for the Q5s don't end there. Bluetooth from my phone to the Q5s -> line out to my speakers, easy awesomeness without wires. Fiber optic from my TV -> Q5s -> speakers, great for movie watching with a great DAC between everything. Also, having my phone free of dangling wires when walking/traveling with my headphones would be a godsent. Finally, having aptX LL will let me watch movies on the bus/plane without annoying latency or annoying wires. AND I can charge it and my phone at the same time. I mean, is there anything this thing doesn't do right?

When you put it like that, Q5 really was already pretty amazing :)

I'm curious what Q5s will bring to the table actually!

May 10, 2019 at 9:01 PM Post #99 of 3,226
Question for those wanting to get this Amp. How does one get their hands on AM3D ( the THX ) AMP module ? Didnt they say its a limited amount run, and Asia market only ??? This would be the only reason to get Q5s. But of course someone would have to put it through its paces and post some test results first .

May 11, 2019 at 1:09 AM Post #100 of 3,226
Question for those wanting to get this Amp. How does one get their hands on AM3D ( the THX ) AMP module ? Didnt they say its a limited amount run, and Asia market only ??? This would be the only reason to get Q5s. But of course someone would have to put it through its paces and post some test results first .

I believe Fiio was talking about the Japanese market. Once everything has been confirmed etc it will available to buy to the rest of the rest. Flick a few pages back.

May 11, 2019 at 3:14 AM Post #101 of 3,226
sorry,AM3E can not match K5 anymore. Because we moved the position of the USB port, in order to place more headphone jacks.
Please refer to my picture
Will the Q5s accept the AMO module?

May 11, 2019 at 2:00 PM Post #102 of 3,226
That was the AM3C. The AM3D is the exact same amp module, just rebranded and available worldwide. From what I understand, its availability will not be limited and it will be sold alongside the other modules, like the AM5.

Also, the included AM3E should in theory be pretty close in performance to the THX one, so it's not like the Q5s will be useless without it.

May 12, 2019 at 3:16 AM Post #103 of 3,226
When's it supposed to be out?

May 13, 2019 at 6:30 AM Post #105 of 3,226
Can you please tell me if the Q5s will be priced the same as when the Q5 was released?
upload_2019-5-13_18-30-45.png

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back