[FiiO Q5s Type C ‖ Q5s] Bluetooth DSD-capable Amplifier,AK4493x2,768k/32bit
Jul 29, 2019 at 10:57 AM Post #650 of 3,226
I've had mine for most of the afternoon, and have now had a chance to give it a test. I'm not going to go into long winded descriptions of mid ranges and treble etc etc, suffice it to say that having used a variety of test tracks I am left absolutely grinning from ear to ear. I didn't think an AAC signal from an iPhone 7+ could sound this good. I'm beginning to question if I even need the AM3D amp pack as I don't see how it could get much better than it already is (bear in mind I'm 60 years old so my hearing sensitivity isn't as good as you younguns!!).

My only observations are the BT range isn't quite as good as the ES100 (by a few feet) but it's not something that bothers me. I'd also like to see a battery indicator on the iPhone status bar. Again the ES100 (and my Nexum Aqua+) managed to do this and it is genuinely useful so perhaps in a FW update this could be implemented. The ES100 app has some very useful control options that would also be nice to incorporate into the FiiO music app (which isn't working properly on the iOS 13 beta).

This is my first foray into more serious head-fi and I'm certainly more than happy how it's turned out!

I think AAC is a really good bluetooth codec. If I’m honest I can’t really tell the difference between AAC, APTX and LDAC. Could you please give your impressions on how the Q5s compares to the ES100? Also, how is the wired vs bluetooth sound difference? Thanks.

Jul 29, 2019 at 12:38 PM Post #655 of 3,226
This looks interesting. I guess you could run an iPhone lightning to USB adapter to the Q5s or other offerings in this thread. Correct?

Jul 29, 2019 at 12:45 PM Post #657 of 3,226
I just returned my NX4 DSD under warranty and am looking for a replacement, it looks like this may fit the bill.

The only thing missing (for my preferences) is a line out but the rest seems to tick all the boxes.

Jul 29, 2019 at 1:09 PM Post #659 of 3,226
Jul 29, 2019 at 1:13 PM Post #660 of 3,226
I just returned my NX4 DSD under warranty and am looking for a replacement, it looks like this may fit the bill.

The only thing missing (for my preferences) is a line out but the rest seems to tick all the boxes.
It has line out unless I'm mistaken. I don't think there has been a fiiO product of this nature without LO for quite some time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back