[FiiO Q5s Type C ‖ Q5s] Bluetooth DSD-capable Amplifier,AK4493x2,768k/32bit
Jul 26, 2019 at 6:23 AM Post #423 of 3,226
When ordering on Aliexpress just ignore the error and check if they have pulled the money out of your paypal and or credit card. If they have its all good. Don't do anything else.

This seems to have worked for me as well. The sleeve that I ordered has already shipped, while Fiio has labeled my Q5S as "awaiting shipment". Hopefully it will be on its way shortly. Just a tiny bit surprised they didn't offer a bundle with the sleeve as well, seems like something you'd want to have with a unit such as this.

Jul 26, 2019 at 6:42 AM Post #425 of 3,226
mine has been shipped too

how much better is the AM3D against the AM3E

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2019 at 7:35 AM Post #426 of 3,226
For all that have orders your are in for a real treat if its anything like the M11 sound :)

Jul 26, 2019 at 7:43 AM Post #427 of 3,226
@FiiO can you confirm the final specs of the Q5s? There seems to be a discrepancy in DSD handling support between the original announcement vs the specifications listed on the product page on your website. Thanks.

Jul 26, 2019 at 9:35 AM Post #428 of 3,226
Well, the Q5s isn't available widely yet and, being afraid of extreme customs charges, I'm probably not going to risk ordering through AliExpress. I'm going to wait for the local distributor or for Amazon. However, I'm really excited. I've had the Q1 for so long that I've almost forgotten that you can achieve kick ass audio while being portable. The Q1 served me well, but the Q5s has sparked my excitement. Hope it doesn't take long to arrive where I live, the cash for it is burning a hole in my bank account!

PS : Now I have to order a 4.4mm balanced cable for my HD58x. Oh well.

Jul 26, 2019 at 9:43 AM Post #430 of 3,226
Just checked on my Q5s order made on the 24th as well at Aliexpress and it still says awaiting processing although the payment did go through so that is good. I am also quite appreciative of the chance to win either of the prizes although I have both the Q5s and the AM3D, but I could certainly use a second rig so that wouldn't be a bad thing at all. I do think the shopping cart on Aliexpress as used by FiiO could be improved in terms of sending automated emails of status change. It sounds like things might ship, but the order information with Aliexpress may not reflect that and look like it is still awaiting processing.

Jul 26, 2019 at 9:45 AM Post #431 of 3,226
Well, the Q5s isn't available widely yet and, being afraid of extreme customs charges, I'm probably not going to risk ordering through AliExpress. I'm going to wait for the local distributor or for Amazon. However, I'm really excited. I've had the Q1 for so long that I've almost forgotten that you can achieve kick ass audio while being portable. The Q1 served me well, but the Q5s has sparked my excitement. Hope it doesn't take long to arrive where I live, the cash for it is burning a hole in my bank account!

PS : Now I have to order a 4.4mm balanced cable for my HD58x. Oh well.
I actually had to get a 4.4mm cable for my Edition X V2 and I was very pleased with KK Cable who I found on Amazon. The build quality seems quite and the aesthetics are fine and the price struck me as pretty reasonable. I would look and see if they offer an option for the HD58x which I believe they do.

Jul 26, 2019 at 10:07 AM Post #434 of 3,226
I actually had to get a 4.4mm cable for my Edition X V2 and I was very pleased with KK Cable who I found on Amazon. The build quality seems quite and the aesthetics are fine and the price struck me as pretty reasonable. I would look and see if they offer an option for the HD58x which I believe they do.
Well, I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that you mean Amazon US. In that case, it wouldn't work for me, as shipping to Greece would be problematic. I've heard of people recommending KK cables again though, so I suppose they should be good.

For my pair of 58x, I will either look on AliExpress and see if I can find something like my current cable, or look into Moonsaudio on Amazon.de . These always seemed nice, but I haven't seen many reviews of them, sadly.

Jul 26, 2019 at 10:14 AM Post #435 of 3,226
My Q5's battery life has been decreasing lately so I wouldn't mind an upgrade :wink:
Also, the bluetooth stability is not too great on the old Q5, I wonder if the Q5s would be a major step up on that front?
For how many hours your battery works? Battery life is important to me because I travel a lot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back