[FiiO Q5s Type C ‖ Q5s] Bluetooth DSD-capable Amplifier,AK4493x2,768k/32bit
Feb 1, 2020 at 4:24 AM Post #2,462 of 3,226
Do you mind mentioning which specific model of Wireworld cable you are using and whether you detected any differences in sound as compared to the stock cable?

Sure. This is actually cable I've got for Mojo in the first place (hence it is USB2): Ultraviolet 8 USB 2.0. Mojo is a lot more "vulnerable" to poor USB cables from my experience than Fiio.

Currently I also have ifi iusb3 in my setup too. Honestly speaking, in my case, both changes did not made a real difference, maybe added something, but sometimes it is hard to tell. Fiio factory cable isn't that bad but in my case Wireworld cable sits better (tighter) in AM3E. Secondly keep in mind that USB ports are of different qualities and different transports can have very different interference as well so your experience can vary from mine a lot.

When connecting to Android mobile I am using Fiio CL06 OTG cable. Works well enough that at the moment I am not looking for replacement. It actually works well with other portables DACs/AMPs pretty well too from my experience.

What really did an important improvement of a sound in case of Fioo Q5s was switching from unbalanced to balanced output. Even with FH5 the difference is not only audible but changes a lot. So in the end I am listening from Fiio daily using only balanced output. From my testing, depending on your IEMs there may not be an audible difference between Fiio LC-4.4C and LC-4.4D cable (and LC-4.4D is not even listed on Fiio page anymore) but I would strongly advice to hear both and than decide. However for me the LC-4.4D has better ergonomy due to how cable is designed.

BTW: the bluetooth part of Q5s is really great IMHO. I never experienced any disconnections even when travelling so I treat BT interchangeably with USB. Saves you some hassle when you are on the go.

Feb 2, 2020 at 4:57 PM Post #2,463 of 3,226
Bought a m11pro.

did a shootout with my Q5s (thx aaa-78). Expect m11 pro to blow the q5s out of the water.. dang.. They sound almost identical. this is out of the box quick test. Will test more report back. Makes me want to return the m11 pro immediately.

Feb 2, 2020 at 5:05 PM Post #2,464 of 3,226
Bought a m11pro.

did a shootout with my Q5s (thx aaa-78). Expect m11 pro to blow the q5s out of the water.. dang.. They sound almost identical. this is out of the box quick test. Will test more report back. Makes me want to return the m11 pro immediately.

I would suspect that the only truly competing device Fiio have right with Q5s now is M15. However my suspicion is based purely on looking on M15 tech specs and in the end they tell nothing about sound when you try for yourself. I am looking forward to being able to hear M15 in real life.

Feb 2, 2020 at 5:23 PM Post #2,465 of 3,226
Bought a m11pro.

Is there any sort of quick EQ setting on the M11 Pro that is similar to the q5s bass boost?

Feb 2, 2020 at 10:56 PM Post #2,467 of 3,226
I don't think there is any reason to remotely suspect the M15 or M11Pro for instance have any technical reason to sound better than the Q5s. Any of those specifications that change with new DAC chip iterations (for example) were already so good as to be inaudible. In other words the difference between THD of 0.0025 and say 0.0125 is completely inaudible, same with SNR ratios, they have been audibly transparent for years now anyway. Saying that, I am starting to really see the appeal of a great DAP. Once we get a great DAP like an M15, but with even more power, I would be ready to buy.

The idea of everything being right there in the palm of my hand, player, amp, Bluetooth receiver/transmitter, standalone DAC, I mean why wouldn't I want that? So the fact that people find that the Q5s sounds that good is fantastic, but it also tells me that the M11Pro must sound fantastic as well. Pretty sure once I graduate from this program and I find work in my field I will be treating myself to an M15. I really respect and trust FiiO gear. I would also be interested in trying a Sony NW-ZX507, but for certain it will be lacking power that the M15 can provide.

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2020 at 6:24 AM Post #2,469 of 3,226
Is this MUCH BETTER SOUNDING than btr5 in a cell phone > iem setup?

I am not interested in its many inputs or outputs. I just need a bluetooth amp to power up my iems that I review. Source is Fiio m11 and LG G7
No it dont

Feb 3, 2020 at 2:54 PM Post #2,470 of 3,226
What cable do you use? It has to be a proper OTG cable.
I use FiiO CL06 and have no issue with my Galaxy A50
https://www.fiio.com/productinfo/53850.html
I use the CL06 as well for my Galaxy S10, you might have to developer options and adjust your usb settings
I bought the CL06 and have had no issues when connecting to my S10. Although I didn't have to adjust any settings, perhaps you need to turn on the automatic routing to usb device settings in developer settings? I think this means that when you plug the cable in it will automatically play through your Q5s. There may also be some setting in your player as well that has a similar setting that requires changing.

Just want to you thank you for the help. I bought the CL06 cable and it did solve the problem. I used to think LDAC is great, but there's simply no comparison with wired connection. It really sounds that much better and makes my IE800s shine.

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2020 at 7:39 PM Post #2,471 of 3,226
Just want to you thank you for the help. I bought the CL06 cable and it did solve the problem. I used to think LDAC is great, but there's simply no comparison with wired connection. It really sounds that much better and makes my IE800s shine.

Yeah, just keep it shining...those that shine are the special ones...eat well, live long :gs1000smile:

Feb 4, 2020 at 8:18 PM Post #2,474 of 3,226

Users who are viewing this thread

Back