[FiiO Q5s Type C ‖ Q5s] Bluetooth DSD-capable Amplifier,AK4493x2,768k/32bit
Jan 31, 2020 at 9:02 AM Post #2,446 of 3,226
I use the CL06 as well for my Galaxy S10, you might have to developer options and adjust your usb settings

Jan 31, 2020 at 10:21 AM Post #2,447 of 3,226
I use the CL06 as well for my Galaxy S10, you might have to developer options and adjust your usb settings

Just curious What I can do in the USB setting in developer options?

I did try getting there but I only saw "Default USB Configuration", and in there only options like "Transfering files", "MIDI", etc... I was expecting something like "Audio Device" but couldn't find it.

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2020 at 10:22 AM Post #2,448 of 3,226
What cable do you use? It has to be a proper OTG cable.
I use FiiO CL06 and have no issue with my Galaxy A50
https://www.fiio.com/productinfo/53850.html

I use a generic USB-C cable from Amazon.
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B0194WSKOM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
It works with the S9+ and the dragonfly DAC. Also no issue with my Xiaomi Mix2 and the Q5S, so I kind of eliminates the cable issue.
But this is a good point. There may be some comparability issue? I'll get the CL06 and report back.

Jan 31, 2020 at 10:25 AM Post #2,449 of 3,226
I have been using my new Q5s (with the AM3D amp) connected to my computer via the supplied USB cable (I have also tried it with the lightning cable to my iPhone with the same results listed here). However, I have noticed that the connection is extremely sensitive to any touches of the wire. While I am not jostling it around, the wires will inevitably be touched when in use, regardless whether it is on my desktop or in a mobile config.

Is this a common finding? If so, are there other cables you can recommend that provide a more secure connection that is less sensitive to light nudges?

Jan 31, 2020 at 1:05 PM Post #2,450 of 3,226
Just curious What I can do in the USB setting in developer options?

I did try getting there but I only saw "Default USB Configuration", and in there only options like "Transfering files", "MIDI", etc... I was expecting something like "Audio Device" but couldn't find it.
I bought the CL06 and have had no issues when connecting to my S10. Although I didn't have to adjust any settings, perhaps you need to turn on the automatic routing to usb device settings in developer settings? I think this means that when you plug the cable in it will automatically play through your Q5s. There may also be some setting in your player as well that has a similar setting that requires changing.

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2020 at 1:09 PM Post #2,451 of 3,226
I think I had this problem when I first got the unit, do you need to update the unit itself? also there was a driver that I downloaded from the website on Windows, it was a driver for android, you may need to do that...

Jan 31, 2020 at 1:30 PM Post #2,452 of 3,226
I bought the CL06 and have had no issues when connecting to my S10. Although I didn't have to adjust any settings, perhaps you need to turn on the automatic routing to usb device settings in developer settings? I think this means that when you plug the cable in it will automatically play through your Q5s. There may also be some setting in your player as well that has a similar setting that requires changing.

Right I did see the "Disable USB audio routing" option, and it's turned off. Anyways I'll get the CL06 cable and hopefully that solves the problem.

Jan 31, 2020 at 2:11 PM Post #2,453 of 3,226
Right I did see the "Disable USB audio routing" option, and it's turned off. Anyways I'll get the CL06 cable and hopefully that solves the problem.
I think it is off by default but it was just a thought to check it. Although I was disappointed that a cable wasn't included the CL06 is not that expensive and it is actually quite a nice flexible cable and hopefully will get you connected. There are some differences between cables, like whether they enable charging etc, so hopefully an official cable will do the trick - good luck.

Jan 31, 2020 at 2:39 PM Post #2,454 of 3,226
Has anyone seen the new Fiio LA-UA1 USB power isolator, I'm just about to order one from Aliexpress, unless someone can talk me out of it.

I received one from the distributor to try it. It seems, that this device is only good for example in the car! Plugged into a computer I attached an Ibasso DC01 audio adapter, but it was not working! Neither TIDAL nor ROON recognized the DC01 as an output device! If this is true I do not understand why Fiio developed something which cannot be used similar to an Audioquest Jitterbug or an IFI iPower device.

Jan 31, 2020 at 3:34 PM Post #2,455 of 3,226
I received one from the distributor to try it. It seems, that this device is only good for example in the car! Plugged into a computer I attached an Ibasso DC01 audio adapter, but it was not working! Neither TIDAL nor ROON recognized the DC01 as an output device! If this is true I do not understand why Fiio developed something which cannot be used similar to an Audioquest Jitterbug or an IFI iPower device.
When I looked at the info page again I realised the pictures were of it being used in a car. I've heard alot of things about usb power not being clean and was wondering if there would be benefits as when I am using it with my pc it is also charging.
Money saved, thanks.

Jan 31, 2020 at 3:34 PM Post #2,456 of 3,226
Is this MUCH BETTER SOUNDING than btr5 in a cell phone > iem setup?

I am not interested in its many inputs or outputs. I just need a bluetooth amp to power up my iems that I review. Source is Fiio m11 and LG G7

Jan 31, 2020 at 3:46 PM Post #2,457 of 3,226
Looking for help to use the Q5s with my Samsung S9+. It works well with bluetooth connection (on LDAC), but I still can't get it to work using the USB cable.

What I do now is to turn on the Q5s, and connect it to my phone. A message "USB audio device initilized" shows on the phone, and almost immediately it shows "USB device detached". It happens every time.

However, when I did the same using the Q5s and Mi phone, it works without any issue.

I also used the Dragonfly Red for long time with the S9+, and it also works well. The message "USB audio device initilized" also shows when it's connected, but not the following "USB device detached".

Just wondering if any of you had the same issue?

Thanks.

You probably need to turn off "Charge" in the FiiO app (FiiO added controls for their Bluetooth products in their music app). Some phones do not like large power draw from USB attached devices, which is why it recognizes the Q5s then kicks it off.

Jan 31, 2020 at 5:40 PM Post #2,459 of 3,226
I have been using my new Q5s (with the AM3D amp) connected to my computer via the supplied USB cable (I have also tried it with the lightning cable to my iPhone with the same results listed here). However, I have noticed that the connection is extremely sensitive to any touches of the wire. While I am not jostling it around, the wires will inevitably be touched when in use, regardless whether it is on my desktop or in a mobile config.

Is this a common finding? If so, are there other cables you can recommend that provide a more secure connection that is less sensitive to light nudges?

I don't have AM3D amp so this may be related to this particular module or your particular piece. In default setup I haven't noticed anything like this, but on the other hand I am using WireWorld cable instead of one included by Fiio. Works perfectly well and it may be a better fit than the original one.

Jan 31, 2020 at 11:21 PM Post #2,460 of 3,226
anyone looking to change their amp if you have on ear or over the ear headphones, the AM5 looks like a beast

Users who are viewing this thread

Back