[FiiO Q5s Type C ‖ Q5s] Bluetooth DSD-capable Amplifier,AK4493x2,768k/32bit
Oct 16, 2019 at 1:21 PM Post #2,041 of 3,226
Another thing that I'm noticing is that when this device is connected and powered on for a long period of time. IE when on my desk during work hours. The sound quality starts to degrade and a simple power off then back on fixes it.

Oct 16, 2019 at 1:32 PM Post #2,042 of 3,226
Another thing that I'm noticing is that when this device is connected and powered on for a long period of time. IE when on my desk during work hours. The sound quality starts to degrade and a simple power off then back on fixes it.
I had the same feeling but i thought it was some mind tricks

Oct 16, 2019 at 1:43 PM Post #2,043 of 3,226
Dear friend,

You were connecting the Q5s to the iphone or Android device?

Best regards

I'm using iOS. It could connect and play music, but when I press "Fiio BT Control", the Q5s was listed there, but as "disconnected" and when I pressed the icon I could not get to any of the settings.

Oct 16, 2019 at 3:37 PM Post #2,045 of 3,226
Oh someone saw my post! I feel like I have been talking to myself for the most part on this thread as FiiO doesn't seem to respond to any of my concerns about this product.
I feel you

Oct 17, 2019 at 1:25 AM Post #2,046 of 3,226
Will you please specify more? To what it is connected, how connected, how long, if you are playing something, what you are playing (format).

Oct 17, 2019 at 7:03 AM Post #2,047 of 3,226
Will you please specify more? To what it is connected, how connected, how long, if you are playing something, what you are playing (format).

When I'm listening in this situation, My Q5s is connected direct to my desktop computer via USB and I'm either listening to Tidal or Amazon Music. I have to take phone calls throughout the day so I will pause my music and leave the device on, sometimes it can go a couple of hours before I go back to listen. When this happens I find the audio very harsh and glaring but once I power it off and power it back on again all is fixed.

Oct 17, 2019 at 7:49 AM Post #2,048 of 3,226
I should say that i have hiss on Q5S with FH7. I'm still using am3e though. Is it normal? Its ok when i'm listening to normal music, but i bough it for classics and it irritates a lot. Also using LC-4.4D.
Will AM3D help me here?

Last edited:
Oct 17, 2019 at 8:11 AM Post #2,049 of 3,226
When I'm listening in this situation, My Q5s is connected direct to my desktop computer via USB and I'm either listening to Tidal or Amazon Music. I have to take phone calls throughout the day so I will pause my music and leave the device on, sometimes it can go a couple of hours before I go back to listen. When this happens I find the audio very harsh and glaring but once I power it off and power it back on again all is fixed.
Tidal is played by browser or application? If application do you have Tidal setting as exclusive? If you use Q5s as Windows default device do you have volume in windows the same level all the time? Best is max. Also it depends on windows sound device advanced settings - to which sample rate it is resampled.
High quality PC audio is not simple plug and play. I dont think problem is in Q5s, probably somewhere in changed conditions or setting in Windows. By switching off/on you may also reset something in Windows.
If connection would be BT then I can imagine switching between BT codec.

I will watch it in the future. Until now I never noticed degradation in time but very often different perception in my head, mostly when I am tired.

Oct 17, 2019 at 8:59 AM Post #2,050 of 3,226
No
I should say that i have hiss on Q5S with FH7. I'm still using am3e though. Is it normal? Its ok when i'm listening to normal music, but i bough it for classics and it irritates a lot. Also using LC-4.4D.
Will AM3D help me here?
No it hisses whit am3d too. That hiss and that the eq on ldac dont work kills it for me.

Oct 17, 2019 at 2:27 PM Post #2,051 of 3,226
I just got my Q5S and it's awesome but I'm having trouble connecting to my Samsung S10+ with this otg cable
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0744BKDRD/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_5chQDbX1DXD79

It will connect and say its charging from the phone and also trigger UAPP prompt but it won't play music through the q5s... Anybody have any recommendations for otg cables that will work? Also maybe one that won't drain my phone battery...

Oct 17, 2019 at 5:54 PM Post #2,052 of 3,226
I just got my Q5S and it's awesome but I'm having trouble connecting to my Samsung S10+ with this otg cable

It will connect and say its charging from the phone and also trigger UAPP prompt but it won't play music through the q5s... Anybody have any recommendations for otg cables that will work? Also maybe one that won't drain my phone battery...
The fiio otg cable works but it has angled connectors. I have the s10+ too whit the same problem on my s8 or s9 it works whit every otg cable

Oct 17, 2019 at 6:26 PM Post #2,053 of 3,226
The fiio otg cable works but it has angled connectors. I have the s10+ too whit the same problem on my s8 or s9 it works whit every otg cable

So I was able to get that cable to work, but it's a bit weird. I had to plug it into my phone first then turn on the q5s and then plug it in... But it's working now. Still need to figure out the battery charging problem. Are there any workarounds?

Oct 17, 2019 at 6:26 PM Post #2,054 of 3,226

This topic has been discussed many times now. Please search through this thread if you want to learn more about turning off usb charging while connecting to your phone using the otg cable you've bought from Amazon.

The option to turn off usb charging is via the Bluetooth Control option provided within the Fiio Music app. Make sure to get to the Bluetooth Control option from the Fiio music app to connect to the Q5s via bluetooth first and then turn off usb charging before connecting your phone to the Q5s via bluetooth. I am sure Fiio will eventually put up this instruction in their Q5s FAQs on their website. Good luck.

Oct 17, 2019 at 7:22 PM Post #2,055 of 3,226
So I was able to get that cable to work, but it's a bit weird. I had to plug it into my phone first then turn on the q5s and then plug it in... But it's working now. Still need to figure out the battery charging problem. Are there any workarounds?

The workaround if you don't want to disable charging completely is to turn on the Q5s first, then plug in the cable, then plug cable to phone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back