[FiiO Q5s Type C ‖ Q5s] Bluetooth DSD-capable Amplifier,AK4493x2,768k/32bit
Sep 23, 2019 at 8:37 PM Post #1,921 of 3,226
You just need to go through the FiiO app and turn off the charge setting, or that is my understanding.

Sep 24, 2019 at 5:15 AM Post #1,922 of 3,226
Yes, I have been pairing with several devices successfully so I do know the procedures but AP80 did not recognise Q5S for some reason. Please note that I was not the only one having this problem with AP80. If you check my post earlier on another user also have this problem. He was asking me whether I have the same problem and that's how I found out. Again not blaming you guys as every brand may have their own hardware /software configuration which makes it difficult. I just want to confirm at this stage whether it is supposed to work or not.
Dear friend,

We will report to the engineer for checking about that.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Sep 24, 2019 at 7:27 AM Post #1,924 of 3,226
Just got my Q5s to demo against the Chord Mojo I got over the weekend. Honestly I think I may like the Q5s paired with my JH Audio Roxannes. Mojo seems too veiled compared. I need to do a lot more A/B to figure out which one I'm going to keep though.

I did have an issue with my iPhone XS Max and camera adapter, it said the device was trying to use too much power. I thought this would run entirely off the battery and not use my phone battery? Is it maybe that it just had a low charge out of the box?

So after fully charging I cannot get the Q5s to work on with my iPhone XS Max. USB is not recognized and Bluetooth won’t connect for more than a few seconds and keeps flashing connected/disconnected in the Fiio app, I have not seen it show up in the Bluetooth IOS screen at all.

Sep 24, 2019 at 9:05 AM Post #1,925 of 3,226
So after fully charging I cannot get the Q5s to work on with my iPhone XS Max. USB is not recognized and Bluetooth won’t connect for more than a few seconds and keeps flashing connected/disconnected in the Fiio app, I have not seen it show up in the Bluetooth IOS screen at all.
It sounds like you are trying to get the Bluetooth Control section of the Fiio App to connect to Q5S while your iPhone has already made a bluetooth connection to Q5s. If you want to use the Bluetooth Control section of the Fiio App to access and change settings on the Q5S, you need to first disconnect your iPhone's bluetooth connection. First, remove the Q5s from your iPhone (forget this device), then go to the Bluetooth Control section of the Fiio App and press the option to connect to the Q5S. This is the unwritten procedure that Fiio forgets to mention :).

Sep 24, 2019 at 10:02 AM Post #1,926 of 3,226
My phone never actually sees the device to make a connection. I have only tried to connect via the app at this point because its the only place the device shows up. But that is good to know once I get this working thank you

Sep 24, 2019 at 11:57 AM Post #1,927 of 3,226
It sounds like you are trying to get the Bluetooth Control section of the Fiio App to connect to Q5S while your iPhone has already made a bluetooth connection to Q5s. If you want to use the Bluetooth Control section of the Fiio App to access and change settings on the Q5S, you need to first disconnect your iPhone's bluetooth connection. First, remove the Q5s from your iPhone (forget this device), then go to the Bluetooth Control section of the Fiio App and press the option to connect to the Q5S. This is the unwritten procedure that Fiio forgets to mention :).
This Fiio App to control Q5S, is not for iPhone and no luck for Android, right?

Sep 24, 2019 at 5:30 PM Post #1,929 of 3,226
You just need to go through the FiiO app and turn off the charge setting, or that is my understanding.

Hi. I have just downloaded Fiio Player. I have gone through the setting and i could not find the usb charging to disable it. Can advise where it is? The only thing that i found was the usb output as below.

Screenshot_20190925-052946_FiiO Music.jpg

Sep 24, 2019 at 5:42 PM Post #1,930 of 3,226
Hi. I have just downloaded Fiio Player. I have gone through the setting and i could not find the usb charging to disable it. Can advise where it is? The only thing that i found was the usb output as below.

That menu only affects how DSD playback is handled via USB IIRC. To change the charging behavior, you need to connect with bluetooth (stupid, in my opinion), go to bluetooth device control, connect to the Q5s and enter its settings. Right on the first page, you have an option called "Charge". Worst thing is, this setting will reset after turning the device off and on again.

Sep 24, 2019 at 7:02 PM Post #1,931 of 3,226
That menu only affects how DSD playback is handled via USB IIRC. To change the charging behavior, you need to connect with bluetooth (stupid, in my opinion), go to bluetooth device control, connect to the Q5s and enter its settings. Right on the first page, you have an option called "Charge". Worst thing is, this setting will reset after turning the device off and on again.

Hi. Thanks. Manage to finish the option to off the charge in the bluetooth menu. Will try it later to see if set to off still will back charging.

This is my 1st time using Fiio player. Need help on how to show all the somgs base on folder? I have arrange all my songs folder with singer name then album name (Celine Dion - A new day has come). In Poweramp, this can be shown according to the alphabetical order when i select to sort by folder. Can this be done in Fiio Player? I have choose all the option for displaying the songs but can't seem to sort it like Poweramp.

Screenshot_20190925-065946_Poweramp.jpg

Screenshot_20190925-070209_FiiO Music.jpg

Sep 24, 2019 at 7:55 PM Post #1,932 of 3,226
I’m not digging these quirks already. I think the Chord Mojo is going to be my keeper along with an ES100 for Bluetooth or Shanling M0 connected to Mojo.

Really was expecting more from this device

Sep 24, 2019 at 9:13 PM Post #1,933 of 3,226
I’m not digging these quirks already. I think the Chord Mojo is going to be my keeper along with an ES100 for Bluetooth or Shanling M0 connected to Mojo.

Really was expecting more from this device
Fair enough, but consider the fact that as an all in one unit, with Bluetooth, the overall package is excellent where sound quality is concerned. General usability is also excellent, but yes, some of the quirks are annoying. I feel that there has to be a much easier way that does not require users to perform anything to prevent backcharging. At the least there should be a setting that keeps state so that once set, it is set and backcharging is on or off. These are basic design decisions that should have been identified, IMO, during the basic functional assessment of the device. I have no idea if this could be changed via a firmware/software update. You are talking about needing two devices to do what the Q5S does alone so I do think that speaks well to the flexibility and functionality of the Q5S. Unless the quirks are absolutely disastrous, I tend to prefer a one device solution when space and portability is a factor.

Plus, the Bluetooth is so well done that for many users you can just use it and forget a wired connection. The idea that you can hear a difference is, no pun intended, in our heads. Again, IMO.

Sep 25, 2019 at 5:24 AM Post #1,934 of 3,226
Hi. Thanks. Manage to finish the option to off the charge in the bluetooth menu. Will try it later to see if set to off still will back charging.

This is my 1st time using Fiio player. Need help on how to show all the somgs base on folder? I have arrange all my songs folder with singer name then album name (Celine Dion - A new day has come). In Poweramp, this can be shown according to the alphabetical order when i select to sort by folder. Can this be done in Fiio Player? I have choose all the option for displaying the songs but can't seem to sort it like Poweramp.

Dear friend,

Try to choose file browser for help instead:

upload_2019-9-25_17-23-28.png

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Sep 25, 2019 at 7:07 AM Post #1,935 of 3,226
Fair enough, but consider the fact that as an all in one unit, with Bluetooth, the overall package is excellent where sound quality is concerned. General usability is also excellent, but yes, some of the quirks are annoying. I feel that there has to be a much easier way that does not require users to perform anything to prevent backcharging. At the least there should be a setting that keeps state so that once set, it is set and backcharging is on or off. These are basic design decisions that should have been identified, IMO, during the basic functional assessment of the device. I have no idea if this could be changed via a firmware/software update. You are talking about needing two devices to do what the Q5S does alone so I do think that speaks well to the flexibility and functionality of the Q5S. Unless the quirks are absolutely disastrous, I tend to prefer a one device solution when space and portability is a factor.

Plus, the Bluetooth is so well done that for many users you can just use it and forget a wired connection. The idea that you can hear a difference is, no pun intended, in our heads. Again, IMO.

I really wish it was that way for me. I still haven’t gotten this device to work at all with my iPhone. Not hardwired. Not Bluetooth so it’s hard for me to see the things you’re talking about. I see Fiio responding on the thread also but they haven’t bothered to try and help me with my issues

Users who are viewing this thread

Back