[FiiO Q5s Type C ‖ Q5s] Bluetooth DSD-capable Amplifier,AK4493x2,768k/32bit
Sep 17, 2019 at 10:30 PM Post #1,861 of 3,226
This combination really brings the BEST out of Tin Hifi P1 the planar.
upload_2019-9-18_10-28-14.jpeg

The problem though. It’s drawing A LOT of power from the AP80. I only played a few songs for 20 min and there’s only 72% left on the AP80! I’m sure it’s not the fiio because it didn’t lose much power. I should post this on AP80 thread as well

Sep 17, 2019 at 10:54 PM Post #1,862 of 3,226
This combination really brings the BEST out of Tin Hifi P1 the planar.

The problem though. It’s drawing A LOT of power from the AP80. I only played a few songs for 20 min and there’s only 72% left on the AP80! I’m sure it’s not the fiio because it didn’t lose much power. I should post this on AP80 thread as well

Someone posted the solution a few pages back and it's worked for me:

1) Turn on AP80
2) Turn on Q5s
3) Plug-in cable

Done. If the cable is plugged into the Q5s before you turn it on, it will draw power from the AP80, but if you do it in this order, everything is fine.

Sep 18, 2019 at 1:30 AM Post #1,865 of 3,226
On a side note, I was wondering whether you are able to connect the Q5s to the AP80 by Bluetooth? For some reason, my AP80 absolutely refuses to find the Q5s (even though every other device can pair with the Q5s just fine).
Yes you are correct! No my AP80 couldnt find fiio either! It works with iphone XSMax, M11, Sony gold brick, even AK SP1000 on bluetooth (but not USB) but bluetooh WILL NOT work for AP80

So fiio can you confirm that Q5S WILL NOT work as USB amp for Astell and Kern SP1000 AND Hidizs AP80 on Bluetooth??????

Thanks again Micgao the battery problem is now solved.

Sep 18, 2019 at 5:56 AM Post #1,866 of 3,226
Hello Fiio!
I asked you a question about the latest stable firmware version but you still haven’t answered.
I will ask again, what version of firmware do you have at the moment is the latest and stable?
Dear friend,

The engineer is out of business. I will update to you when he confirm for me.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Sep 18, 2019 at 2:13 PM Post #1,868 of 3,226
It took me reading this thread to realize the rubber band things that came with my fiio e17 are to hold a phone or dap to the amp...derp. i thought they were just branded wrist bands or something
LOL! you gave me an idea... but they're too tight :D

Sep 18, 2019 at 6:53 PM Post #1,869 of 3,226
I dont know for me it works on my s10+ but my bluetooth equalizer dont work

it seems that the EQ feature for the Q5s through the fiio music app doesn't work with LDAC. I switched my galaxy s10 over to APTX and bam eq works, even in real time(don't need to restart the q5s for it to apply).
So it seems the EQ is applied prior to bluetooth transmission. LDAC doesn't allow for this - I've tried applying EQ to the 1000xm3's while connected to the galaxy s10 via LDAC using viper4android and get a processing error.
The implementation of EQ on the earstudio es100 is a lot better in my opinion. The EQ gets applied at the hardware device, after the input signal. So whatever EQ I set on the ES100 gets applied whether I use bluetooth or usb input, and works with all the supported bluetooth codecs

Sep 18, 2019 at 7:39 PM Post #1,870 of 3,226
it seems that the EQ feature for the Q5s through the fiio music app doesn't work with LDAC. I switched my galaxy s10 over to APTX and bam eq works, even in real time(don't need to restart the q5s for it to apply).
So it seems the EQ is applied prior to bluetooth transmission. LDAC doesn't allow for this - I've tried applying EQ to the 1000xm3's while connected to the galaxy s10 via LDAC using viper4android and get a processing error.
The implementation of EQ on the earstudio es100 is a lot better in my opinion. The EQ gets applied at the hardware device, after the input signal. So whatever EQ I set on the ES100 gets applied whether I use bluetooth or usb input, and works with all the supported bluetooth codecs
Yes it works on es 100 a lot of better. I am very sad about that i was a heavy eq user and don't want to switch to aptx because my s10+ has no aptx hd. But i dont know why its work sometimes when i restart the q5s

Sep 18, 2019 at 10:50 PM Post #1,872 of 3,226
Someone posted the solution a few pages back and it's worked for me:

1) Turn on AP80
2) Turn on Q5s
3) Plug-in cable

Done. If the cable is plugged into the Q5s before you turn it on, it will draw power from the AP80, but if you do it in this order, everything is fine.
The condition is that your cable must be OTG type. The above does not woro for me. I have 2 cables, 1 is customised and another is shanling L2 which i think is OTG but the back charge still there.....

Sep 18, 2019 at 10:53 PM Post #1,873 of 3,226
Yes you are correct! No my AP80 couldnt find fiio either! It works with iphone XSMax, M11, Sony gold brick, even AK SP1000 on bluetooth (but not USB) but bluetooh WILL NOT work for AP80

So fiio can you confirm that Q5S WILL NOT work as USB amp for Astell and Kern SP1000 AND Hidizs AP80 on Bluetooth??????

Thanks again Micgao the battery problem is now solved.
Hi

Can you please share what is the cable that you are using to connect your DAP to Q5S?

Sep 19, 2019 at 12:40 AM Post #1,875 of 3,226
The condition is that your cable must be OTG type. The above does not woro for me. I have 2 cables, 1 is customised and another is shanling L2 which i think is OTG but the back charge still there.....

Indeed it would be great if Fiio could just release a firmware to fix the issue instead of having to rely on a somewhat inconvenient workaround.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back