[FiiO Q5s Type C ‖ Q5s] Bluetooth DSD-capable Amplifier,AK4493x2,768k/32bit
Jul 29, 2019 at 5:00 AM Post #631 of 3,226
According to DHL my Q5s is loaded on truck and "out for delivery - today" really looking forward to it.
Really fast delivery to Europe: 3 days!! Thanks Fiio!!
maybe ours are in the same truck :D. Baden-würtemmberg ?

Jul 29, 2019 at 5:12 AM Post #632 of 3,226
Ali Express to Germany DHL is used, in the UK Ali Express use first Speed post then onto 4PX which then move to Royal mail. so delivery is always a little slow and there is a greater change of the item going missing. As yet I am not able to check tracking with Royal mail which means that it is still being seen as being in mainland China. Also tracking information is a little unclear, Speedpost say they have picked it up. 4PX say GARY HAWKE / Notification of shipment confirmation.

I can't even get tracking info on my Q5S from speed post. All mine says is FPX received shipment.

Jul 29, 2019 at 5:50 AM Post #633 of 3,226
I can't even get tracking info on my Q5S from speed post. All mine says is FPX received shipment.
It looks like this is the case for the UK mine says the same thing and I am looking to have it delivered to London. I did find that the Q5s may have left China. I am using track.4px.com. There are some quite bad reviews of 4PX, however, that got my BGVP DM7 from China, delivered within 4 days. So I am hoping that there is still hope that the Q5s might arrive soon.

Jul 29, 2019 at 6:58 AM Post #634 of 3,226
It looks like this is the case for the UK mine says the same thing and I am looking to have it delivered to London. I did find that the Q5s may have left China. I am using track.4px.com. There are some quite bad reviews of 4PX, however, that got my BGVP DM7 from China, delivered within 4 days. So I am hoping that there is still hope that the Q5s might arrive soon.

Yeah I just tried my code in royal mail's website and it said the code was for parcel force. There was no tracking for it yet though, leads me to believe it's still in China :frowning2: hopefully we get our deliveries soon bud

Jul 29, 2019 at 7:09 AM Post #635 of 3,226
Yeah I just tried my code in royal mail's website and it said the code was for parcel force. There was no tracking for it yet though, leads me to believe it's still in China :frowning2: hopefully we get our deliveries soon bud
The last track I can find says - Depart from facility to service provider.Domestic Air Cargo Terminal, Shenzhen, China - that was on the 29th, so it means that it is in the air, but only to Hong Kong. My last parcel through 4PX left Hong Kong and arrived in the UK a day later, but then took four days to move from 4PX to Parcel Force to me. So we could be looking at Friday before the Q5s is in hand.

Jul 29, 2019 at 7:53 AM Post #637 of 3,226
Man, the Q5S sounds very tempting... It would be super awesome if I won this giveaway! If the power output is high enough, it could replace my desktop and portable DAC/Amp setup. I have a pair of Fostex T60RP's as my main over-ear headphones that make finding powerful enough amplifiers challenging. Maybe the Q5S would have enough juice if I ran the T60's balanced? Currently using a Meier Audio Corda Rock that I've been pretty happy with, but it would be super nice to be able to take my T60's to other places around the house.

Jul 29, 2019 at 8:43 AM Post #638 of 3,226
I've had mine for most of the afternoon, and have now had a chance to give it a test. I'm not going to go into long winded descriptions of mid ranges and treble etc etc, suffice it to say that having used a variety of test tracks I am left absolutely grinning from ear to ear. I didn't think an AAC signal from an iPhone 7+ could sound this good. I'm beginning to question if I even need the AM3D amp pack as I don't see how it could get much better than it already is (bear in mind I'm 60 years old so my hearing sensitivity isn't as good as you younguns!!).

My only observations are the BT range isn't quite as good as the ES100 (by a few feet) but it's not something that bothers me. I'd also like to see a battery indicator on the iPhone status bar. Again the ES100 (and my Nexum Aqua+) managed to do this and it is genuinely useful so perhaps in a FW update this could be implemented. The ES100 app has some very useful control options that would also be nice to incorporate into the FiiO music app (which isn't working properly on the iOS 13 beta).

This is my first foray into more serious head-fi and I'm certainly more than happy how it's turned out!

Jul 29, 2019 at 9:09 AM Post #639 of 3,226
How many of these people have heard the AM3E module?
The guy who gave his impressions also posted a pic of AM3D with his X7m2. I believe him.

Jul 29, 2019 at 9:15 AM Post #641 of 3,226
The guy who gave his impressions also posted a pic of AM3D with his X7m2. I believe him.
Great! Link? I haven't seen any, and I'd slice to read a good comparison before purchase (potentially).

Jul 29, 2019 at 9:33 AM Post #642 of 3,226
Can anyone compare it to the original or the chord mojo?

Jul 29, 2019 at 9:34 AM Post #643 of 3,226
Oh dear, according to tracking my Q5s sat waiting to be dispatched from the 26th July until the 29th, meaning it has only just left China.
I'm even worse of a shipping situation than you. My order sat for at least three days before even be scheduled to ship and just today the FedEx tracking says it is only scheduled to be picked up in Hong Kong so it is taking a very long time to even begin it's journey here. That kind of sucks as it sounds like a few people who ordered the same day or later, in some cases have already received their order. Very odd. Oh well, it is what it is. Looking forward to receiving it though.

Jul 29, 2019 at 9:53 AM Post #645 of 3,226
I'm even worse of a shipping situation than you. My order sat for at least three days before even be scheduled to ship and just today the FedEx tracking says it is only scheduled to be picked up in Hong Kong so it is taking a very long time to even begin it's journey here. That kind of sucks as it sounds like a few people who ordered the same day or later, in some cases have already received their order. Very odd. Oh well, it is what it is. Looking forward to receiving it though.
When I ordered the AM3D from Fiio it took them a week to dispatch. Sitting waiting seems to be part of the delivery plan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back