FiiO Q5s-FiiO releases the new system firmware v0.39 for Q5s
Oct 18, 2019 at 4:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

FiiO

Sponsor: FiiO
2177325.jpg

The changes and improvements about new system firmware v0.39 for Q5s are as follows:

1. Added the support of DSD512;
2. Fixed issue where the DSD output opposite channel in USB DAC mode;
3. Fixed the issue where the input button of Q5s may need to be pressed serveral times for waking up the Q5s;
4. Improved the DAC configuration;
5. Miscellaneous bug fixes.

Download link:

Firmware link: Click here

Upgrade tool link: Click here

USB DAC driver: Click here

Instruction of upgrading the firmware:

PDF version: Click here

Video version:

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Oct 18, 2019 at 11:28 AM Post #2 of 21
2177325.jpg

The changes and improvements about new system firmware v0.39 for Q5s are as follows:

1. Added the support of DSD512;
2. Fixed issue where the DSD output opposite channel in USB DAC mode;
3. Fixed the issue where the input button of Q5s may need to be pressed serveral times for waking up the Q5s;
4. Improved the DAC configuration;
5. Miscellaneous bug fixes.

Download link:

Firmware link: Click here

Upgrade tool link: Click here

USB DAC driver: Click here

Instruction of upgrading the firmware:

PDF version: Click here

Video version:
Thanks!! Always good to see a premium product receiving an update.

Oct 18, 2019 at 11:51 AM Post #3 of 21
Well, Im trying to update from 32 to 39 and it gives me an error message during the update. I tried 2 different cables and 3 different ports. It detects the device fine and initiates the update, but never completes.

upload_2019-10-18_12-51-35.png

Oct 18, 2019 at 2:09 PM Post #6 of 21
Last edited:
Oct 19, 2019 at 12:55 PM Post #8 of 21
Is anyone having trouble unpacking the firmware .rar file? On my system 7-zip says that it failed to open it as a compressed archive or something. Nothing works so far. I've downloaded it multiple times, tried different browsers, different devices, nothing works. I get the same error (on my phone it says the file is corrupted). Can I get any help?

EDIT : Well, I got it to work with another, third decompression app. Strange, 7-zip especially has never done this, but whatever. It upgraded on the first try, so I'm ok with it.

Last edited:
Oct 19, 2019 at 1:52 PM Post #9 of 21
Is anyone having trouble unpacking the firmware .rar file? On my system 7-zip says that it failed to open it as a compressed archive or something. Nothing works so far. I've downloaded it multiple times, tried different browsers, different devices, nothing works. I get the same error (on my phone it says the file is corrupted). Can I get any help?

EDIT : Well, I got it to work with another, third decompression app. Strange, 7-zip especially has never done this, but whatever. It upgraded on the first try, so I'm ok with it.
Worked with win rar without issues

Oct 20, 2019 at 3:14 AM Post #10 of 21
@FiiO

I am not able to install, when I reconnect red light does not light up.
I followed the steps correctly what i am missing here.

"7.Disconnect the Q5s from the computer,then reconnect it(the same USB port). After that the Q5s will automatically install the firmware and the red indicator(the one infront of the ‘coax’ mark) will light up."

Oct 20, 2019 at 5:09 AM Post #11 of 21
@FiiO

I am not able to install, when I reconnect red light does not light up.
I followed the steps correctly what i am missing here.

"7.Disconnect the Q5s from the computer,then reconnect it(the same USB port). After that the Q5s will automatically install the firmware and the red indicator(the one infront of the ‘coax’ mark) will light up."
U have to connect it in upgrade mode
Hold the "Next track" button and
connect the Q5's USB port to the computer via USB.
(a.If the upgrade tool menu displays a "v0.04" (see below image), it means the Q5s is connected successfully in upgrade mode.

Oct 20, 2019 at 8:59 AM Post #12 of 21
@cr3ativ3

I mentioned the issue which came after the steps you men motioned, for me i got connected in upgrade mode and firmware also got uploaded , then step is disconnect and reconnect.
When i reconnected red indicator does not light up

Oct 20, 2019 at 9:03 AM Post #13 of 21
@cr3ativ3

I mentioned the issue which came after the steps you men motioned, for me i got connected in upgrade mode and firmware also got uploaded , then step is disconnect and reconnect.
im sorry for you... cant help you.. it worked for me with the steps above... maybe fiio support can help here?

Oct 20, 2019 at 4:38 PM Post #14 of 21
@cr3ativ3

First you have to initiate the update so the updater can detect the device, but then you cancel the process. Without unplugging the device, you open the updater again and start the process.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back