FiiO Q5, Flagship DAC/Amp, an Dual DAC, USB/Optical/Coaxial/Line in, share the same amp module with X7.
Apr 26, 2018 at 3:17 PM Post #1,846 of 3,173
One comes with the Q5. But mine and somebody elses, don't sound right. We both get better audio with the Apple camera kit. Technically it doesn't make sense, as it's a digital signal being transferred. But I can tell right away that my supplied cable effects my sound in a bad way.

Yeah, and the one it comes with has way flimsier connectors than how his looks.

Apr 27, 2018 at 8:45 PM Post #1,849 of 3,173
Q5 is a great device, I have Q5 a few days. I use with W60 and SE846. Especially with the W60 great combination. The Bluethooth connection works with ipod 6g, Apple TV 4K. Samsung Note 8 and ipadAir2 are not working. In IOS, the Fiio Controller does not work when cable is connected. I do not know if I'm doing something wrong, thank you. Sorry google translator.
So I managed to break through all the devices. It just wants to check out past pairing carefully. The pity he does not contact does not connect with mac osx. I have an old mac (2010-11), so that's why it does not work.

Apr 28, 2018 at 4:18 AM Post #1,850 of 3,173
Well, I've just ordered the AM5 and the LC-Q5 case...

Not sure if I'll be happy with going from AM3A balanced to AM5 single ended, but - I've been turned by the reviews of the AM5 SQ...

Apr 28, 2018 at 5:23 AM Post #1,851 of 3,173
FiiO Q5 and Dita Answer Truth Edition :)

Audiophile-Heaven-Review-Dita-Answer-Truth-Edition-Photo-29.jpg

Audiophile-Heaven-Review-Dita-Answer-Truth-Edition-Photo-28.jpg

Apr 28, 2018 at 7:19 PM Post #1,852 of 3,173
Ugh. I am still torn between getting a q5 for my phone or a separate dap. The mass storage of the cayin n5ii or go for broke with the fiio x7ii. I could live with having to pop a different SD card into my phone but the library maintenance would be horrible lol. Withe the cayin n5ii I have a funny feeling I would end up adding a a5 amp??
What do you all think?

Apr 29, 2018 at 6:34 AM Post #1,854 of 3,173
Ugh. I am still torn between getting a q5 for my phone or a separate dap. The mass storage of the cayin n5ii or go for broke with the fiio x7ii. I could live with having to pop a different SD card into my phone but the library maintenance would be horrible lol. Withe the cayin n5ii I have a funny feeling I would end up adding a a5 amp??
What do you all think?

Very different situations.

Q5 has the same sound as X7mkii if using the same AMP module.

N5ii might be able to take better advantage of Q5 in this situation.

I used Hiby R6, Samsung T580 and Xiaomi Mi Max 2 with Q5. Hiby R6 was the best to stack with Q5 simply because of shape and size. You could have one device to do all with X7mkii though...

Apr 29, 2018 at 8:43 AM Post #1,855 of 3,173
Have to say that the Q5/AM5 is a rather nice little combination!

Will let the new module settle in before anything conclusive is said, however - yes, initial thoughts are very good!

Apr 29, 2018 at 9:08 AM Post #1,857 of 3,173
I don't have that problem with the S9+ so cannot comment, but - if it is an issue, can you not use the BT? - I'm using it and find it more than competent.

Apr 29, 2018 at 9:22 AM Post #1,859 of 3,173
Don’t get me wrong the Bluetooth is very good but to get the optimum quality a wired connection is always preferable
Personally, I find USB C OTG to poorly implemented compared to USB B - the number of disconnects that I have are so frequent that I gave up through sheer frustration - that is the main reason I went for the Q5 in the first place (other than the balanced output, which I've now negated with the AM5) - Otherwise I would've stuck with my Mojo...

Has to be said, for me - again, personally - using the AK T8ie, that if there is a difference between the two connection methods, that it is so small that I'm not hooked up about it.

Apr 29, 2018 at 9:30 AM Post #1,860 of 3,173
Ok thanks for your input, I still would like to find a solution for the problem so that a cabled option is available, for the short time that I’ve used the USB option I myself can hear a difference but don’t want my S8 losing charge so rapidly whilst connected

Users who are viewing this thread

Back