FiiO Q5, Flagship DAC/Amp, an Dual DAC, USB/Optical/Coaxial/Line in, share the same amp module with X7.
Apr 15, 2018 at 5:40 PM Post #1,771 of 3,173
There has got to be a way to make a
cable that will allow powerbank to charge phone and use q5 at same time lol.
There is a very easy way, which I have no problem with, and is one of the Q5s trump cards, connect with Bluetooth

Apr 15, 2018 at 5:46 PM Post #1,772 of 3,173
My phone doesn't have aptX to play even CD quality via Bluetooth!
I will not play anything less than cd quality and Bluetooth is a battery drainer all it's own!
All I have is standard Apt

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2018 at 12:06 AM Post #1,774 of 3,173
Well I decided I will eventually get a q5 but when and only when they come with the am5 packaged with them or they are sold without an amp module so we can choose!!
As was said god knows how many times, they won't cos there will be too many variations of the Q5 package.
I think a good compromise would be to pm the fiio rep and see if they can work something out with u

Apr 16, 2018 at 6:09 AM Post #1,775 of 3,173
@FiiO

Just saw a new cable in your M7 product page. (FiiO CL06 USB-C to micro). Picture below.
Is that cable compatible with Android smartphones? Can I connect my HTC 10 to Q5?
Is the cable available for sale?
Thanks!

content_M7____-EN_05.jpg

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2018 at 8:23 AM Post #1,776 of 3,173
As was said god knows how many times, they won't cos there will be too many variations of the Q5 package.
I think a good compromise would be to pm the fiio rep and see if they can work something out with u

They sell the amp modules separately. They are already packaged. How hard can it be to package the q5 without a module lol. The package would be smaller so less cost for package !
Then again they seem to be made from unobtanium anyways lol

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2018 at 12:40 PM Post #1,778 of 3,173
I just bought a FiiO Q5 than i'll mainly use through bluetooth with Spotify Premium.
I'm quite happy with the sound quality, using it with Pinnacle P1 and Focal Spirit Professional.

There's just one thing that I find annoying, you have to wait 2 sec to turn it on, then press again for 2 sec the bluetooth button to turn this on.
@FiiO It would be neat to have an option to turn automatically the bluetooth on when you turn the fiio on.
It might be easy to implement through the iOS app ?

Also, @FiiO said somewhere in the thread the BT chip could theoretically be updated to BT 5.0.
Why theoretically ? It should already be 5.0 according to the manufacturer https://www.qualcomm.com/products/csr8670
I believe it's only a question of Fiio's will to do it ... I hope it's on your roadmap.

Apr 16, 2018 at 2:10 PM Post #1,780 of 3,173
They sell the amp modules separately. They are already packaged. How hard can it be to package the q5 without a module lol. The package would be smaller so less cost for package !
Then again they seem to be made from unobtanium anyways lol
The downside to that is that if you don’t buy a module at the same time it’s pretty much useless.

Apr 16, 2018 at 7:09 PM Post #1,781 of 3,173
The downside to that is that if you don’t buy a module at the same time it’s pretty much useless.
My point exactly @scott s , except for die hard (?) Fans like you, the rest of us plebs don't have another amp module. Just stop being salty cos the only 2 fiio products you don't own are the Q5 and amp5 (jk of course)
In all seriousness tho, fiio is unlikely to do this because:
1. Packaging has already been fixed. Changing stuff like accessories (am5 ) would cause them problems at quite a few production stages, not to mention delays due to having to ramp up production of the amp5 module. (Among other things)
2. The number of users like you are miniscule in number. Most of us haven't bought into the ecosystem yet. Since you happen to represent such a small number of users, I'm guessing fiio would rather cater to the rest of us and release their product with what they think is their best foot forward (am3a) and forgo that tiny number of sales rather than accede to every request.

Apr 17, 2018 at 4:57 PM Post #1,782 of 3,173
Hmm... Why does my optical input (which I'm trying for the first time) only bring up the yellow light, and no audio? :frowning2:

Apr 17, 2018 at 5:29 PM Post #1,785 of 3,173
Thanks, I RTFM in frustration - but then found another issue, that all but one optical cable I have (ironically - the one that connects my AK120 to the Mojo, pre-shaped) don't seem to work...

Guessing the optical sensor is very fussy - that being said, I'm experimenting with using a Chromecast Audio via DLNA, using that bespoke optical, I really like the input - Suppose that'll be more money to spend :wink:

Oh, and even though I'm running sensitive IEMs, have to say, I kind of like high gain, seems to open up the sound... good bit of exploration

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back