FiiO Q5, Flagship DAC/Amp, an Dual DAC, USB/Optical/Coaxial/Line in, share the same amp module with X7.
Feb 26, 2017 at 5:02 AM Post #826 of 3,173
  X5III sounds like a great solution all by itself then for your needs. You aren't allowed to put music on your phone? Seems draconian.

It is True - You can't put personal stuff Movie / Music / Browse Objectionable Website as well questionable content on the Bussiness / Office Laptop - Phone - Tablet which provided by the Employer where office's IT Dept take a pick for the regular update - upgrade.   

Really depends on the business lol

Some are more restrictive than others.
Lots of businesses are BYOD now and are very lenient.

I work in computer networking and my phone is full with tonnes of client information.  For security reasons I can't put anything personal on it that could put clients information at risk.  Even if it was allowed I simply don't have the space available to hold much music anyway.

Feb 26, 2017 at 5:06 AM Post #827 of 3,173
The X5-III looks like a great DAP but it will be pricey in Canada and I really don't want to pay for wifi as I don't use streaming services.  I think I will wait for the X3-III which will be more affordable and hopefully have fewer features I don't need.  If it has AptX bluetooth and forgoes wifi it will be perfect for me.

Feb 26, 2017 at 11:26 AM Post #829 of 3,173

It is True - You can't put personal stuff Movie / Music / Browse Objectionable Website as well questionable content on the Bussiness / Office Laptop - Phone - Tablet which provided by the Employer where office's IT Dept take a pick for the regular update - upgrade.   

My brother is lucky, he works for Defense and they allow music on the phones so I am surprised that others are so restrictive. Website control I can understand, music seems pretty darn safe.

Mar 1, 2017 at 11:09 AM Post #832 of 3,173

I work in computer networking and my phone is full with tonnes of client information.  For security reasons I can't put anything personal on it that could put clients information at risk.  Even if it was allowed I simply don't have the space available to hold much music anyway.

That makes sense.
I own a software company and work from home building my software, my phone isn't usable for music either due to the volume of notifications I get and how often I need to use the phone.

Mar 1, 2017 at 12:38 PM Post #833 of 3,173
I would expect something like that in the player sending the digital audio, not in the DAC itself.

The advantage of it being in the DAC is greater flexibility. You could use any DAP you want, be it a phone, dedicated DAP or computer and still get the benefits of EQ.

This becomes important when you consider streaming services that only work on iOS or Android

Mar 3, 2017 at 2:32 AM Post #839 of 3,173
Exciting to see the device. What are some issues you feel comfortable sharing with us? I'd be glad to beta test.

Thank you, Q5 is in accordance with the design of the plan, because the system is very complex, too many functions, the completion of the formal engineering machine, all the functions of the machine can be tried, it takes some time.

Mar 3, 2017 at 7:45 AM Post #840 of 3,173
I will be looking forward to learning more about the Q5 once it is released. I have had to pick up a Mojo in the meantime as I really did need a quality portable device, but I'm very keen on trying the Q5. I have owned a few FiiO devices and always been impressed so I have little reason to doubt that the Q5 will be anything but impressive. Please make sure the Bluetooth is rock solid as that is one of the features that will really help set the Q5 apart from the vast majority of competing devices.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back