[FiiO Q3/Q3 MQA] THX AAA amp technology, 2.5/3.5/4.4mm Output(Good News! Our German Dealer Is Promoting Q3s from May 13 to June 13!)
Sep 30, 2020 at 3:58 AM Post #46 of 550
FiiO Q3 is on the way to our worldwide sales agents!

DSC07022.jpg

Dear respected customers,

Thank you for your kind patience and constant attention for our Q3. Delivery of the Q3 has started from 30th, Sep. Please kindly check this post for a daily updated list of countries / regions and agents we have sent goods to.

September 30th:
Singapore:Eng Siang International Pte Ltd
Malaysia: Redape
Germany: NT Global Distribution GmbH
HongKong: Carve Link Company
Canada: Canada distributor
India: Origin Marketing
Thailand: Holysai
Belarus: Magnit Invest
Australia: Addicted To Audio
Indonesia: Indonesian distributor
Switzerland: Portacomp AG
USA: Office direct sales inc
USA: TekFx
Turkey: Hes Audio
Hungary: KriptonIT KFT
Bulgaria: Bestline

(* The shipping to other regions will also follow soon, and we will keep updating this post)

In order to get prompt pre-sales and after-sales service, we strongly suggest you to buy FiiO products from our authorized sales agents (Where to buy).

By our estimate, it would take 5 to 7 working days for the parcels to reach our agents abroad, which means all of you can try contacting the local sales agents on about 5th Oct.

If you have any comments or questions, please feel free to contact us or directly contact our local agents.

Happy listening!

Best regards,
FiiO Electronics Technology Co., Ltd.

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Sep 30, 2020 at 10:49 AM Post #47 of 550
Seems like a neat little device. I’ve been using a Q1 MK II for 2 years and this looks like a nice upgrade, especially in terms of power. Looking forward to hearing more impressions!

Sep 30, 2020 at 11:40 AM Post #48 of 550
Well at least for the second question.. The fiio q5s with the THX module only outputs 15mW unbalanced at 300ohm and 60mW at 300ohm if running balanced. I don't think they would make the Q3 more powerful or even have it at the same power while they're still selling the q5s. So It would probably get your headphones to a decent level volume wise. Probably won't do any wonders on sound quality out of those headphones however.

Also, for middle and TOTL players, I've read that even the Q5s is not at a quality level commensurate with the player. So therefore I doubt this one would be.

Sep 30, 2020 at 2:35 PM Post #49 of 550
Hi FiiO,

Currently, I have exactly the same set as in this picture.

c2.jpg

It's FiiO M7 with Q1ii and leather case.
I would like to know if I got the Q3, can I just simply replace my Q1ii with the new Q3 on this exact same setting?

Last edited:
Oct 1, 2020 at 1:12 AM Post #50 of 550
Best you guys wait on the Topping pure Balanced amp which is now said to be in development, Topping never disappoint me and im sure still rock with my NX4DSD

Oct 1, 2020 at 11:52 PM Post #52 of 550
I was pretty excited about this as a gateway THX amp.

Then I saw the outpur power ratings. Hard pass.

Those would be just "acceptable" in a full fledged DAP at this price.

Competitors will and should eat this up (ie. The post above).

Oct 2, 2020 at 12:27 AM Post #54 of 550
I'm probably going to get both the iFi Hip Dac and the FiiO Q3 to compare, and I'll keep the one I like better. The one big advantage the Q3 (and Q1 Mkii and Q5s) have is the ADC volume control, which ensures no channel imbalance while adjusting volume. I have not seen that feature in any other portable Dac/amp, at least that I am aware of. Channel balance is a big deal when listening at low volume levels especially with IEMs, which I occasionally do. But the iFi Hip Dac probably has a truck ton more power than both the Q1 and Q3, and I wonder if I actually need that much power to drive my headphones.

Nobody mentioned monoprice thx portable. It is more expensive and has eq, but Fiio has 4.4mm.
I was considering the Monoprice THX portable, but there are many complaints of it having a high noise floor that doesn't work well with IEMs. I suppose it doesn't matter with full size headphones, but ideally I would like the cleanest sound possible.

Last edited:
Oct 4, 2020 at 1:04 PM Post #56 of 550
Anyone have any experience using a USB C male to female Micro USB adapter? Interested in this to pair with my Sony NW-A45 as a more portable solution than my DX220 Max. Can't seem to find a USB C to WM Port cable anywhere.

Oct 5, 2020 at 1:22 PM Post #57 of 550
Very interested in this. Might be the perfect thing for my Mac (still looking for a fully portable amp). Also considering the Hip DAC, though.

Oct 6, 2020 at 8:51 AM Post #58 of 550
I would like to see a shootout review by someone who owns Tr-amp, Hip Dac, Chord MoJo, Topping Nx4, Q1 mkii and Q3.
I think everyone will have their favorite. But I think they would want to know if the cost will be worth the quality and pleasure gained by changing out their audio setup and routine. Change is always effort demanding. One thing Q3 brings to the table is you don't have to use adapters, unless you only have XLRs, which is higly unlikely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back