[FiiO Q3/Q3 MQA] THX AAA amp technology, 2.5/3.5/4.4mm Output(Good News! Our German Dealer Is Promoting Q3s from May 13 to June 13!)
Oct 7, 2020 at 9:43 AM Post #62 of 554
Oct 8, 2020 at 11:21 AM Post #63 of 554
If I can get a hip-dac in then I can compare that with the q1 mk2 and q3.
Hope this comparison helps.

I have both the Fiio Q1 Mark II and ifi HipDac, Ifi hip dac has way more power but this becomes an issue if you have IEMs. Even on low gain High sensitivity IEMs(CA Polaris in this case) get very loud and due to not so great channel balance at low volumes, it becomes a problem du to poor volume control at the low volume levels. Another quality of life issue which is present in ifi Hip Dac is that USB in doesn't charge the device and act as input at the same time where as fiio q1 Mk2(i guess now q3 also) has this option. I like the sound of ifi a lot especially how xBass is implemented but for me there is one major issue, ifi introduces a decent bit of sibilance which is not so pronounced in the fiio unit, so it doesn't match well with lyric heavy music or videos so I switch between fiio q1 mk2 and ifi hip dac based on what I am listening to. The Headphones I used on these dacs are the Hifiman Sundara.

Oct 8, 2020 at 12:43 PM Post #64 of 554
Hope this comparison helps.

I have both the Fiio Q1 Mark II and ifi HipDac, Ifi hip dac has way more power but this becomes an issue if you have IEMs. Even on low gain High sensitivity IEMs(CA Polaris in this case) get very loud and due to not so great channel balance at low volumes, it becomes a problem du to poor volume control at the low volume levels. Another quality of life issue which is present in ifi Hip Dac is that USB in doesn't charge the device and act as input at the same time where as fiio q1 Mk2(i guess now q3 also) has this option. I like the sound of ifi a lot especially how xBass is implemented but for me there is one major issue, ifi introduces a decent bit of sibilance which is not so pronounced in the fiio unit, so it doesn't match well with lyric heavy music or videos so I switch between fiio q1 mk2 and ifi hip dac based on what I am listening to. The Headphones I used on these dacs are the Hifiman Sundara.
from the spec. Sundara should be a bit difficulty to drive. So you think both amp can drive it fine?

Oct 8, 2020 at 1:33 PM Post #65 of 554
from the spec. Sundara should be a bit difficulty to drive. So you think both amp can drive it fine?
Both dac/amps can drive it fine. just Loudnes wise it work well at about 60% volume(3 O'clock on the dial) high gain on the fiio q1 and 40%(12 O' clock dial) low gain on ifi Hip Dac. I listen around 70db and 80db loudness at max . Detail in music is still present. Bass has the amazing detail but doesn't have the thump but both q1 bass bost and xbass(I prefer ) make up for it.
I have dug around a bit and read that more powerful amps can make the Sundara more revealing(It already pretty reveling and has a good sound stage even at q1 and Hip Dac lvl of power) but the power requirement for that is basically $200+ amps JDS labs Element 2/thx aaa 789 or above class of amplifier IMO at that point the price bracket is completely different

Oct 9, 2020 at 5:49 AM Post #69 of 554
He just arrived. Tonight when I get home I play with him

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1602250867533.jpg
    FB_IMG_1602250867533.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 0
Oct 9, 2020 at 5:56 AM Post #70 of 554
Hi FiiO,

Currently, I have exactly the same set as in this picture.

c2.jpg

It's FiiO M7 with Q1ii and leather case.
I would like to know if I got the Q3, can I just simply replace my Q1ii with the new Q3 on this exact same setting?
Dear user,

The length of the Q3 is a little bit longer than the Q1MKII.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Oct 9, 2020 at 11:05 AM Post #71 of 554
Utilizing AKM's new efficient AK4462 VELVET SOUND DAC, and equipped with the flagship XMOS XUF208 USB chip, the Q3 supports decoding up to 768kHz/32-bit PCM and native DSD512, with lower distortion, higher signal-to-noise ratio, excellent overall performance and greatly more refined decoding abilities.

According to your opinion where is this DAC on the AKM's palette?
Somewhere between 4493 and 4497?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back