FiiO Q1MKII- Native DSD Support, XMOS USB DAC chip, DAC AK4452, 20 hours
Mar 12, 2019 at 5:56 AM Post #706 of 834
Hi there i am interested in buying the FiiO Q1 MK II i read your explanation about the android compatibilty, i want to ask if you have a list of android phones compatible with this device, or at least some overall details that can be useful to get a android phone compatible, i´m not an iphone user the internal storage limitation is a problem for me.
Dear friend,

Are there any local stores in your city? You could have a test there by yourself first: https://www.fiio.com/wheretobuy

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Mar 12, 2019 at 7:20 AM Post #707 of 834
Just a heads-up for any Android users out there. The Shanling L2 cable also works perfectly (with my Note 9, at least) , and again, no red or violet light. But it is almost the price of 2 FiiO CL06 cables, so...
20190312_105326-01.jpeg
20190312_105135-01.jpeg
20190312_105457-01.jpeg

Last edited:
Mar 13, 2019 at 7:45 PM Post #708 of 834
hi, my full size headphones don't seem to get quite loud enough using the FiiO in single ended output. I know nothing about balanced output. So, can someone fill me in on how to convert my cans to balanced (not XLR) cable to use with the Fiio? Are only certain headphones able to do this or just the ones with detachable cables?

Mar 14, 2019 at 1:45 AM Post #709 of 834
hi, my full size headphones don't seem to get quite loud enough using the FiiO in single ended output. I know nothing about balanced output. So, can someone fill me in on how to convert my cans to balanced (not XLR) cable to use with the Fiio? Are only certain headphones able to do this or just the ones with detachable cables?

If you tell us the model we might be able to help better.

Usually only those headphones with removable cables AND with individual connections at each cup are able to be switched to balanced simply by buying a balanced cable. There are exceptions.

Other configurations might need rewiring internally. If yours need to be rewired, google your model and "balanced mod" to get an idea of what's involved.

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2019 at 12:15 PM Post #710 of 834
Apologies if this has already been posted about...

What are my options for an upgraded lightning to micro USB cable that will work when connecting iPhone to Q1 MKII? The one that Fiio provided still works fine, but the connection is now feeling looser at the Q1 and I'd like to grade to something sturdier and better built.

Mar 23, 2019 at 12:17 PM Post #711 of 834
I'm currently getting way more than enough volume plugging my HD600's and my HiFiman HE4XX into the single ended port on the Q1 MII.

I don't need anymore volume... but will I actually get better sound if I go balanced instead?

Mar 23, 2019 at 4:01 PM Post #712 of 834
I'm currently getting way more than enough volume plugging my HD600's and my HiFiman HE4XX into the single ended port on the Q1 MII.

I don't need anymore volume... but will I actually get better sound if I go balanced instead?

Yes, I can confirm going balanced with the Q1 mkII's more powerful balanced-out will improve the sound, but the difference is relatively minor since the HD600 and HE4XX need much more current (V) to achieve their potential. If you do get a balanced cable for your HE4XX, make sure to get one with cup-connectors that match your headphones (2.5mm or 3.5mm).

Mar 23, 2019 at 4:22 PM Post #713 of 834
Yes, I can confirm going balanced with the Q1 mkII's more powerful balanced-out will improve the sound, but the difference is relatively minor since the HD600 and HE4XX need much more current (V) to achieve their potential. If you do get a balanced cable for your HE4XX, make sure to get one with cup-connectors that match your headphones (2.5mm or 3.5mm).
The HEXXX needs current. The HD600 needs voltage. There is a difference.

To TheEldestBoy
The Q1ii will push almost double the voltage and 3-4 times overall power to the HD600 via balanced (over SE), but as mattris advised, the improvement will be small. Really speaking to get more out of the HD600, you need to push more voltage than the Q1ii can deliver. Current isn’t an issue for the Senn - which is why there is sufficient volume. If you can get a balanced cable cheap enough though - there will be an improvement.

Mar 23, 2019 at 5:38 PM Post #714 of 834

The HEXXX needs current. The HD600 needs voltage. There is a difference.

To TheEldestBoy
The Q1ii will push almost double the voltage and 3-4 times overall power to the HD600 via balanced (over SE), but as mattris advised, the improvement will be small. Really speaking to get more out of the HD600, you need to push more voltage than the Q1ii can deliver. Current isn’t an issue for the Senn - which is why there is sufficient volume. If you can get a balanced cable cheap enough though - there will be an improvement.

I'm assuming the Fiio Q5s in balanced mode be be enough to drive the HD600's and HiFiman HE4XX's?

Mar 23, 2019 at 7:15 PM Post #715 of 834
It’ll get you improvement. But it won’t get you the best output you can get for the HD600. That’s why even FiiO suggests 16 to 150 ohm.

Mar 26, 2019 at 6:25 AM Post #717 of 834
Hi guys I am considering getting this to use with my IPhone and my Andromedas.
I have just sold my DX200 to start using my Iphone as my portable audio source but have to admit I am keen to get better sound quality. It has to be portable as it will be used primarily on holiday.
I also assume that the Q1 will allow me to use the AOL balanced cable with the Andromedas?
Will the Q1 Mk2 give a noticeable improvement?

PS it may help if I tell you what I am looking for :wink: I think the IPhone sounds a bit harsh compared to the DX200 and the treble is not as sweet. I am thinking the Q1 may take this away and give a slightly warmer sound similar to the IBasso?

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2019 at 5:20 PM Post #718 of 834
Hi guys I am considering getting this to use with my IPhone and my Andromedas.
I have just sold my DX200 to start using my Iphone as my portable audio source but have to admit I am keen to get better sound quality. It has to be portable as it will be used primarily on holiday.
I also assume that the Q1 will allow me to use the AOL balanced cable with the Andromedas?
Will the Q1 Mk2 give a noticeable improvement?

PS it may help if I tell you what I am looking for :wink: I think the IPhone sounds a bit harsh compared to the DX200 and the treble is not as sweet. I am thinking the Q1 may take this away and give a slightly warmer sound similar to the IBasso?

I can't speak for iPhone comparison but i can say that my Q1ii hooked up to my Note 9 playing 24bit 96khz flac files through some BGVP DM6's on a 2.5mm balanced cable absolutely blows the Note 9 standalone out of the water. More detail, separation and soundstage. And you can warm the sound up with the additional hardware bass switch if you have a "bass head" itch to scratch. It's addictive

Mar 26, 2019 at 5:41 PM Post #719 of 834
I can't speak for iPhone comparison but i can say that my Q1ii hooked up to my Note 9 playing 24bit 96khz flac files through some BGVP DM6's on a 2.5mm balanced cable absolutely blows the Note 9 standalone out of the water. More detail, separation and soundstage. And you can warm the sound up with the additional hardware bass switch if you have a "bass head" itch to scratch. It's addictive

Thanks for the reply. Years ago a Steve Guppy played for my beloved NUFC:)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back